Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

help needed bleached hair

Options
  • 14-08-2018 5:59pm
    Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,281 Mod ✭✭✭✭

quick question, my son bleached his hair at the start of the summer, it has to be gone by the time he starts school.

as far as I see it he has 2 choices, cut it out or dye it.

would putting a wash out or semi permanent colour on it work? he's naturally dark blonde.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭MinnieMinx

I can’t see the hair so I’m going to make a few assumptions here.

If it was at the start of the summer holidays there will be quite a lot of root growth.
    Assuming the natural colour is a dark blonde to light brown any colour you apply to the bleached areas will need to be specially formulated to colour bleached hair as the bleach has removed all the natural melanin tones of yellow and orange in the hair so without them, the colour you apply could have a tendency towards khaki tones.

If you apply a box dye all over, you’ll potentially get a two-tone effect and it might look odd. Imagine you have a wall that’s painted white at the bottom and brown at the top. If you paint a single coat of thin brown paint over it, there will still be a noticeable difference between the top and bottom of the wall. Colouring hair isn’t really the same as re-decorating, but you get my jist?

Go back to the hairdressers and get it done professionally is my advice or get his hair cut really short and cut all the bleached areas out.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,281 Mod ✭✭✭✭angeldaisy

thank you so much for your help and advice. ended up getting most of it cut out, so it just looks a little blonder than before.

Advertisement