Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mortgage Application with Skrill transactions on Bank Account

• 14-08-2018 7:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭

Hi. I posted a thread on the Accommodation forum but may be better here

Basically we're going to be looking for a mortgage sooner than expected and I have skrill transactions (€5 here and there- never more than €20 a week really) on my bank statement. Aside from this everything is in order. Never miss loan payments. Regular savings of more than our prospective mortgage would be.

Are the banks likely to scrutinise these skrill transactions, ask about them, ask to see a statement and how should I provide this etc.

A bit nervy about it as the transactions are to online bookies.

Any insight or advice greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭Prospector1989

Hi. I posted a thread on the Accommodation forum but may be better here

Basically we're going to be looking for a mortgage sooner than expected and I have skrill transactions (€5 here and there- never more than €20 a week really) on my bank statement. Aside from this everything is in order. Never miss loan payments. Regular savings of more than our prospective mortgage would be.

Are the banks likely to scrutinise these skrill transactions, ask about them, ask to see a statement and how should I provide this etc.

A bit nervy about it as the transactions are to online bookies.

Any insight or advice greatly appreciated.

I suppose I'll have to wait and see what the banks say.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,256 ✭✭✭Trish56

You'll need to submit 6 months current and credit card statements and if there are a lot of betting transactions they may not be happy however if you have the odd flutter now and again it will be ignored. €20 monthly should be acceptable but then again it depends on the lender.

• Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭Prospector1989

Trish56 wrote: »
    You'll need to submit 6 months current and credit card statements and if there are a lot of betting transactions they may not be happy however if you have the odd flutter now and again it will be ignored. €20 monthly should be acceptable but then again it depends on the lender.

Thanks Trish.
    Would you know do banks pay attention to transactions to ewallets such as Skrill and are they likely to ask to see statements?
    As there wouldn't be any direct transactions to betting sites. Would seeing "Skrill" on a banks statement automatically raise suspicions?

Cheers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,188 ✭✭✭lau1247

If it is anything like revolut, yes you can be asked to produce statement.

I have a few top ups from my current account into Revolut (For amazon primarily and one trip to belfast) and it was asked to produce the statement for it.

West Dublin, ☀️ 7.83kWp ⚡5.66 kWp South West, ⚡2.18 kWp North East

• Registered Users Posts: 2 cr90

Hey! How did you get on with this? I’m in the same position.

• Advertisement
Advertisement