Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Does mainland Europe have a native underclass?

• 14-08-2018 7:30pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 173 ✭✭

Honest question here for anyone who has lived on the continent.

In Ireland the vast majority of bother seems to come from, well, the Irish. Of all the times I've witnessed anti social behavior from teens and the full time mad bastard class, it's generally been the Irish. Maybe the occasional Pole engaged in drunk and disorderly. While issues with gangs in Balbriggan and Tyrellstown have been in the news, the figures for Oberstown show that, by and large, the inmates on any given day seem to slot roughly into their allocation to the youth population.

http://www.iprt.ie/contents/3294

Of course, that's 92 of the baddest little scrotes in the state, there's probably 30,000 more who deserve a good hiding and a few months in there. If we adopted an American policy of juvie we'd have a population inside of god knows what.

From memory the adult prison figure for foreign nationals generally tends to roughly correlate with their percentage of the population.

Due to our shared cultural links, we all know of the ubiquitousness of the English chav, the Scottish neddy. They're effectively the same as our scaldys- mostly white (bar in the likes of London proper where there's feck all white working class left) school drop outs, aversion to employment, dependence on the welfare system, heavy consumers of cheap booze and drugs, parents young etc etc.

On mainland Europe, this doesn't seems to be the case. You see about how the French prison population is majority Muslim, every other crime you hear about in Spain seems to involve Moroccans or Romanians, the Dutch Moroccan gang war that the Kinahans have a stake in and teenagers of same background even harming Amsterdam's reputation as a gay friendly destination, Turkish mafias in Germany, Swedish rioting and gang wars, the list goes on.

Question being- does most of Western Europe have a prominent white criminal underclass in the way that Ireland has? Does it have a professional criminal class in the way we do, or are they completely dependent on the migrants for their drugs? Did it used to have this culture and it's disappeared? The only examples I can think of are how common football hooliganism seemed to be in Germany and Holland way back when, yet today it's rare you hear of it at all.

I'd imagine the culture of East Germany is maybe a bit harder than that of the west given their upbringing.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 173 ✭✭Mike Hoch

Name a country where that doesnt happen? Not by the irish. I mean by the most prevalent group

Well, France, it would appear, if the majority of the prison population are from a non Western background.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,667 ✭✭✭Hector Bellend

Mike Hoch wrote: »
    Well, France, it would appear, if the majority of the prison population are from a non Western background.

When you say "non western" do you mean non french as well.

How do you know these people were not born in france

When you say "non western" do you mean non french as well.

How do you know these people were not born in france

I'm including French born, but of foreign descent.

Question being, is there a culture of whites being schwars in Germany, France etc to the extent there is in Ireland and Britain? Or are we just less refined as a race.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭pauliebdub

Germany certainly does, lots of scummy Germans particularly in the east but also noticeable in places like Frankfurt and Hamburg.

pauliebdub wrote: »
    Germany certainly does, lots of scummy Germans particularly in the east but also noticeable in places like Frankfurt and Hamburg.

It's funny. I met hundreds of Germans on my travels. I can't imagine barely one of them being involved in a fight. I was even puzzled as to where the rep of Berlin as a party city full of ecstasy fuelled techno came from. Ditto the hard drinking at Munich. The majority of them struck me as, frankly, a bit soft. Very reserved, minimal drinkers, the odd stoner among them.

And fairly tight with the money to boot.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,667 ✭✭✭Hector Bellend

every country has its own skanger class

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,428 ✭✭✭✭dxhound2005

It's funny. I met hundreds of Germans on my travels. I can't imagine barely one of them being involved in a fight. I was even puzzled as to where the rep of Berlin as a party city full of ecstasy fuelled techno came from. Ditto the hard drinking at Munich. The majority of them struck me as, frankly, a bit soft. Very reserved, minimal drinkers, the odd stoner among them.

And what was your experience with the Turkish mafias?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

Get the feeling the OP doesn't like foreign nationals or Irish now either it would seem.

I hear Azerbaijan is lovely in Aug.

Might be full of Azerbaijani fcukers though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,746 ✭✭✭✭TheValeyard

Go to the KitCat club in Berlin

All eyes on Kursk. Slava Ukraini.

And what was your experience with the Turkish mafias?

Not a clue. Didn't meet any Turkish Germans.

But a lot of the native lads would be very shy, unfashionably dressed by Irish standards, frankly a bit odd.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,428 ✭✭✭✭dxhound2005

Don't go on holidays to Benidorm. Too many Spanish people there.

Advertisement