Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Opening file created 2017 using word 2003

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 215 ✭✭ARNOLD J RIMMER

danjo-xx wrote: »
    I'm trying to open this file,

http://www.waterfordcouncil.ie/media/forms/housing/2018%20Mobility%20Aids%20Grant%20Application%20Form.docx

I'm using word 2003 and w10 but it wont open and when it asks to search for a file converter it finds nothing.

Any idea lads.

Try removing the x Rename it .doc

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭yurtyaherne

Try deleting the x from the docx extension at the end so it is
    2018 Mobility Aids Grant Application Form.doc

instead of
    2018 Mobility Aids Grant Application Form.docx

• Registered Users Posts: 5,393 ✭✭✭danjo-xx

Try removing the x Rename it .doc

All ready did that but no joy.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,428 Mod ✭✭✭✭igCorcaigh

Do you want to read or edit?
    There are free Word viewers for download.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

Why are you using office 2003? At least get open office or libre office if you arent going to buy a more recent one.

I didn't even think you could install office 2003 on anything more recent than win7.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,428 Mod ✭✭✭✭igCorcaigh

Or try opening it in Google Docs.

I'm an oap and my desktop o.s. w10 is an upgrade from w7 I think, it was done by previous owner.

If possible I want do D/L it as it is an application form I need. Would google docs or anything else let me download it so I can print it off.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

The 2 I mentioned are free. As is Google docs and they should let you open it to print.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,016 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

Office 2003 is no longer supported I think, so probably better off using something like LibreOffice as mentioned above. You should be able to open the file in Word 2003 after install this compatiblity pack though:
    https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=33298

• Registered Users Posts: 14,011 ✭✭✭✭Johnboy1951

https://www.libreoffice.org/

No problem opening that document ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭Ten Pin

Saved as 2003 word, see if this opens for you.

If you have an Android phone / tablet WPS Office app can open / edit docx files and save as word 2003

Thanks lads I only got back to this now and tried the compatiblity pack suggested by Nick and it did the job.

Must try libre or open office, which is easier to use just for word/excel stuff

Advertisement