Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hobart’s of Ranelagh

Options
  • 14-08-2018 7:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭

We’ve given the new management of Hobart’s more than a decent chance, but it’s time to move on.

Fellow refugees of Hobart’s: where are you getting your Sunday morning breakfast fix?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

What has new management done to piss off the locals?

• Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭silent_spark

Unfortunately the quality of food and service went downhill when the place changed hands, continuing beyond any normal transition period. Such a disappointment. We gave it several months but there’s been no sign of improvement. Original Hobart’s was the kind of place that did basic food really, really well. The people there knew the orders of their regulars and really engendered loyalty through great service. I can’t imagine many regulars have stayed.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,277 ✭✭✭MB Lacey

I passed Hobarts on Monday and saw the windows were all whitepainted over (from the inside). Hobarts along with 2 neighbouring units all looked like they were being refurbished.

Wondered if they were all being morphed into one unit, or just a coincidence.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭Lux23

When did it change hands? That place was an institution for people from Dubln 6, I never understood the fuss myself though.

• Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭silent_spark

Lux23 wrote: »
    When did it change hands? That place was an institution for people from Dubln 6, I never understood the fuss myself though.

February this year.

We loved it, and would go most Sundays. Karen, Aoife, and the rest of the staff got to know the regulars and their order and it gave the place a lovely neighbourhood feel. The menu was nothing particularly special, but it was done really well. I'm not sure it was somewhere you would appreciate on a single visit.

There are loads of Sunday brunch places around that general area, but nothing in the same vein. A lot of style over substance. I'd love to know where the other Hobart's regulars have moved to.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,091 ✭✭✭catrionanic

I've been several times over the last three years, and I think the new food is better than the old. The guys working there seem very friendly and chatty too.

Advertisement