Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

365 showing then removing transactions

Options
  • 14-08-2018 9:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 466 ✭✭

Hello,

My account balance is far higher than what it should be. I checked a few days ago and two regular transactions with the same supplier I make went in and my account was credited as should be.

However I checked today to show only one transaction was there while the other has just vanished. This is not the first time this happened, how come this occurs as I know they have been paid?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 520 ✭✭✭Telly

moloner4 wrote: »
    Hello,

My account balance is far higher than what it should be. I checked a few days ago and two regular transactions with the same supplier I make went in and my account was credited as should be.

However I checked today to show only one transaction was there while the other has just vanished. This is not the first time this happened, how come this occurs as I know they have been paid?

Same thing happens to me. Bought flights on aer Lingus last Thursday and saw the money come out. Then Friday it disappeared till today. Very annoying!

• Registered Users Posts: 466 ✭✭vg88

Telly wrote: »
    Hello,

Same thing happens to me. Bought flights on aer Lingus last Thursday and saw the money come out. Then Friday it disappeared till today. Very annoying!
    I regularly book flights with Aer Lingus, booked two on Thursday and they both went through. I have no idea how one can disappear and the other be completed?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 423 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Lorna

Hi Moloner94,

Thank you for getting in touch with us.

When you make a transaction, it comes up as pending on your 365online, a transaction completes when it is processed by the retailer. We would always recommend keeping a note of any card transactions you make until you see them in your Completed Transactions just to avoid going over the limit.
    If you have any queries about a specific transaction you can drop an Ask a Question in the Service Desk menu option on your 365online.
    We apologise for any inconvenience caused by this.

Thanks,

Lorna

Hi Moloner94,

Thank you for getting in touch with us.

When you make a transaction, it comes up as pending on your 365online, a transaction completes when it is processed by the retailer. We would always recommend keeping a note of any card transactions you make until you see them in your Completed Transactions just to avoid going over the limit.
    If you have any queries about a specific transaction you can drop an Ask a Question in the Service Desk menu option on your 365online.
    We apologise for any inconvenience caused by this.

Thanks,

Lorna

Hi lorna,

It doesn't really answer the question for why it appears, disappears and then reappears?

Are you really telling me to take notes of my payments because your 365 is not able to accurately tell my balance? I have a revolut card that instantly texts me per transaction so i can't see why in 2018 i should note my own transactions.

Also my account can't me overdrawn so say an extra 50 euro reappears in my account and i spend it. What happens wheb the original transaction comes back?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Alison

Thanks moloner4 for coming back to us.

When you make a purchase with a retailer they may also put through a pre authorisation payment along with the actual payment. As your card operates on a live system, both payments can initially debit the account.

The duplicate amount will not reappear as a credit, it will fall off the debit side of your account automatically increasing the balance by this amount.

Many Thanks
    Alison

• Advertisement

Thanks moloner4 for coming back to us.

When you make a purchase with a retailer they may also put through a pre authorisation payment along with the actual payment. As your card operates on a live system, both payments can initially debit the account.

The duplicate amount will not reappear as a credit, it will fall off the debit side of your account automatically increasing the balance by this amount.

Many Thanks
    Alison
    Sorry you haven't answered the question. I'll start again.
    I regularly buy with a supplier similar products. I bought two different products 10 minutes between the two as i regularly do. Both initially appear in my account as pending and money is credited out. After a few days one goes from pending to actual, while the second disappears for a couple of days (money then debited back into my account with no statement of this occurring) and then crediting out of my account after a few more days out of the blue.

This makes 365, in my view, completely useless.

Can you please explain why it disappears and reappears with no warning? Myself and my family are getting frustrated as this is happening to all of us regularly only with BOI.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,485 ✭✭✭harr

Nothing new unfortunately, if you look back over the forum you will this question asked a number of times and is happening a number of years.
    Completely impossible to track your transactions unless you do it manually yourself..
    It gets particularly bad around Bank holidays.
    BOI have regularly blamed retailers for not processing card payments for a number of days even though I have sent proof a few times that it’s nothing to do with retailers.

harr wrote: »
    Nothing new unfortunately, if you look back over the forum you will this question asked a number of times and is happening a number of years.
    Completely impossible to track your transactions unless you do it manually yourself..
    It gets particularly bad around Bank holidays.
    BOI have regularly blamed retailers for not processing card payments for a number of days even though I have sent proof a few times that it’s nothing to do with retailers.

Thanks for that, bank of ireland seemed to be blame me above for not manually checking it. Honestly thought i was going mad seeing phantom transactions.
    I won't be so pissed off if thdy admitted tbeir system faulty.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,751 ✭✭✭mirrorwall14

After a bank holiday it’s usually Wednesday morning before 365 works itself out. It’s a nightmare. We keep a manual spreadsheet as well it’s so bad

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Tara

I regularly buy with a supplier similar products. I bought two different products 10 minutes between the two as i regularly do. Both initially appear in my account as pending and money is credited out. After a few days one goes from pending to actual, while the second disappears for a couple of days (money then debited back into my account with no statement of this occurring) and then crediting out of my account after a few more days out of the blue.

Can you please explain why it disappears and reappears with no warning? Myself and my family are getting frustrated as this is happening to all of us regularly only with BOI.

Hi moloner4,

As mentioned in our first response, the card transaction will move to completed transactions after the retailer fully processes the payment. If the retailer takes a bit longer to process a card payment, it can cause it to be removed from your account and it will then reappear when the retailer does fully process it. We'd be unaware of why a particular retailer is not fully processing both payments at the same time.

Just to clarify, we can only answer in general terms here as we don't have access to your account. If you have a specific transaction query, please contact customer service who can check it further.

Thanks,
    Tara

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,564 ✭✭✭bennyl10

Hi moloner4,

As mentioned in our first response, the card transaction will move to completed transactions after the retailer fully processes the payment. If the retailer takes a bit longer to process a card payment, it can cause it to be removed from your account and it will then reappear when the retailer does fully process it. We'd be unaware of why a particular retailer is not fully processing both payments at the same time.

Just to clarify, we can only answer in general terms here as we don't have access to your account. If you have a specific transaction query, please contact customer service who can check it further.

Thanks,
    Tara
    Can you explain why aib and UB are all able to do it straight away? but you can't?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,707 ✭✭✭✭Ally Dick

bennyl10 wrote: »

Hi moloner4,

Thanks,
    Tara
    Can you explain why aib and UB are all able to do it straight away? but you can't?
    They use a different system. BOI will be changing to a new process when their new computer system goes in.  

Hi BOI,

To update the previous issue I had a friend transfer money to me. The transfer also came up as two lines and their account was credited twice for the same amount while mine was debited for the equivalent, but as two transactions.

Two days later the two lines magically turned into one line and the extra payment just disappeared again. 

Could you please comment why this is regularly occurring?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 423 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Lorna

Hi Moloner4,

Thank you for getting back to us with your query.

A transfer would be a different type of transaction to a card payment.

As my colleague Tara stated previously, we cannot access or view your account here but if you contact our customer service team through the Ask A Question in the Service Desk menu option on your 365online, our team can investigate any specific transaction for you.

You can also contact our customer service team on 0818365365.

Thanks,

Lorna

• Registered Users Posts: 407 ✭✭n!ghtmancometh

You aren't going to get any satisfaction moaning about this to some powerless boards boi rep. If this is a regular occurrence, which it obviously is, then switch to UB/AIB/PTSB etc and leave boi's crappy system for good.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 briegegem1

I've been having similar issues recently and it's so frustrating, 365 online banking does not seem to be giving me accurate information on my account at all these past few weeks. I've also been told that it's retailers and when they make their deposits. I've been keeping a very close eye on my account this past week and once again, I make a transaction, it comes up as a pending transaction and then sometimes that pending transaction disappears. It's not a very reliable service, and I've been chatting with family and friends who do online banking with other banks, and this is not a common thing with their banks. 

• Registered Users Posts: 4,485 ✭✭✭harr

briegegem1 wrote: »
    I've been having similar issues recently and it's so frustrating, 365 online banking does not seem to be giving me accurate information on my account at all these past few weeks. I've also been told that it's retailers and when they make their deposits. I've been keeping a very close eye on my account this past week and once again, I make a transaction, it comes up as a pending transaction and then sometimes that pending transaction disappears. It's not a very reliable service, and I've been chatting with family and friends who do online banking with other banks, and this is not a common thing with their banks. 

Ahh same excuse as always blaming the retailer..Same reasons for the last few years even though I proved to them it’s not always the retailers fault. I still bank with BOI but increasingly using KBC and any transaction from KBC is almost instantaneous while with BOI you could see same transaction leave and reappear several times .. and that’s with using the same garage to purchase Diesel .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 490 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Jennifer

briegegem1 wrote: »

Hi briegegem1,

Thanks for getting in touch with us here today.

When you make a purchase, the retailer may take a "pre-authorised" payment which means they will debit the account straight away to ensure there are enough funds to cover your payment, the "pre-authorised" transaction will then disappear from the account and readjust your balance.

Within 3 to 5 working days after the transaction is made, the retailer will then take the funds out of your account successfully, if you have a certain amount of funds in your account and then spend any funds in between this time it may leave you overdrawn.

I hope this helps to clarify things for you.

Thanks Jen

Advertisement