Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

D&D II Act Two Scene I - The Tower

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 52,303 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Fourier wrote: »
    He climbs the stairs safely.

In front of him is a long corridor with glass walls. A sea full of large whales and sharks lies overhead.

"Incredible!" Ser Boros gasps.

The tunnel is long, but leads to a vault door.

Vrakrash gestures to the tunnel.

'Shall we? Ser Boros, Sora- follow my steps and check for danger as we travel.'

Vrakrash waits till the three are lined up then proceeds slowly down the tunnel, checking for any pressure pads or tripwires and moving slowly towards the vault doors.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,404 ✭✭✭✭sKeith

ooc: yeah, your pal ran on ahead. so, retula was going to fly over you as you walked over, but now there is a pocket thing :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,807 ✭✭✭Evade

OOC: Yep
    OOC: I assume Retula chooses to fly, I thought there were more people around
    Banjo wrote: »
    If Iuric pulls that off, Retula to fly over using him as a shield
    Iuric picks up Kanrith and tries to carry him, crossing the threshold style, to the other side.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

Ooc : while the pocket seems the safer option, Retula will avoid being beholden to the vivipiric construct.

If you say "save : athletics" I'm going to save athletics by running the marathon for Rwanda in the next Olympics, but Retula makes it across.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,637 ✭✭✭✭OldGoat

The body collapses to the ground, shaking the room. A few vases are heard shattering. Karinth begins looking at the body.

Beneath, Mags hears the impact, it causes a new crack to form in the roof. He sees the door of the K room implode into the room, some sort of black hole forming with the K room, then starts to pull on the walls and floors around him.
    Mags talks with the tower crystal(or the entity that controls the forces within the tower) again.
    "You are in danger of complete destruction. Worse still you will lose me and you know you need my skills. Seal these ruptures and stop dicking around. Then take me directly to the sixth floor."

I'm older than Minecraft goats.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,558 ✭✭✭✭Fourier

OldGoat wrote: »
    Mags talks with the tower crystal(or the entity that controls the forces within the tower) again.
    "You are in danger of complete destruction. Worse still you will lose me and you know you need my skills. Seal these ruptures and stop dicking around. Then take me directly to the sixth floor."
    "This floor is about to be quarantined, I can't stop that...I have to obey Ursula's commands...but I can take you to the floor you want"

Just as the floor is consumed by the black hole Mags vanishes.

He appears in a forum with a map of the world on the floor (Inner and Outer Worlds) and hundreds of seats for various attendants. Currently all that occupies them are skeletons.

To the South, a set of large white marble stairs going up.

To the east a massive sandstone door. Above the door is the phrase "Hall of Treasures"

Mags looks at the large number of skellies, then at his cursed sword, then back at the skellies.
    "Bollocks."

He hollers back down the stairs on the off chance that some of the others might hear him.
    "I FOUND STUFF!"

Turning back to check his path into the room he chats with the tower entity.
    "So, tower, tell me this, why is Ursula allowing her own tower to be destroyed? That's a bit messed up right? Also, why would you the tower and the snake denizen of the ground floor be at odds with Ursula?

I'm also guessing that these are the doors the snake wants me to open. I want to get this Gaes off me as quickly as possible. Any last words of encouragement?"

He starts walking towards the doors.

Turning back to check his path into the room he chats with the tower entity.
    "So, tower, tell me this, why is Ursula allowing her own tower to be destroyed? That's a bit messed up right? Also, why would you the tower and the snake denizen of the ground floor be at odds with Ursula?

I'm also guessing that these are the doors the snake wants me to open. I want to get this Gaes off me as quickly as possible. Any last words of encouragement?"

He starts walking towards the doors.
    "Floors are often compromised by entering adventurers, at least once a decade. The tower has long had protocols in place to deal with such events. The snake and myself were given our own agendas as part of a living experiment.

Oh and yes, these are the doors"

Mags now stands before the doors. Four sand men form from the sandstone at the door. Made to look like Mags, they simply stand watching him.

Mags nods to one, waves at another, points to the third and gives a thumbs up to the fourth.
    As he points to the third one he cantrips True Strike.
    "Wow! Just think of how awesome a band we could make guys. 'The Identicles'. Or perhaps 'The Sameies'. Can you do this?", he strikes a chord on JoePaz, nothing aggressive or threatening, just a chord.

Mags nods to one, waves at another, points to the third and gives a thumbs up to the fourth.
    As he points to the third one he cantrips True Strike.
    "Wow! Just think of how awesome a band we could make guys. 'The Identicles'. Or perhaps 'The Sameies'. Can you do this?", he strikes a chord on JoePaz, nothing aggressive or threatening, just a chord.
    The sand clones play a tune to exactly cancel out Mags. Though it seems to come at great effort. The divine tunes made by Joepaz are not easy to cancel out.

• Advertisement

The sand clones play a tune to exactly cancel out Mags. Though it seems to come at great effort. The divine tunes made by Joepaz are not easy to cancel out.
    "Noise cancelling Mags. Interesting concept."
    Mags play a tune seeking to reinforce the sandmen, to strengthen the bonds between their individual sand grains, to enhance their cohesion. He taps this out using his two light hammers on his armour, not using Joepaz. He watches closely to see if they are just cancelling out his work or are they actually playing the opposite of it.

"Noise cancelling Mags. Interesting concept."
    Mags play a tune seeking to reinforce the sandmen, to strengthen the bonds between their individual sand grains, to enhance their cohesion. He taps this out using his two light hammers on his armour, not using Joepaz. He watches closely to see if they are just cancelling out his work or are they actually playing the opposite of it.
    The sandmen begin to play to destructively interfere with Mags's tune and play right into his trap, for the tune the play is the exact vibrations of the magical weave which manifest as the spell that cancels the summoning spell that gives them form.

They disintegrate and the locks release from the door.

Mags thinks on the tune he has just played for a while, something about the way the weave responded interests him.

OOC: Free extra cantrip, great solution!

Evade wrote: »
    OOC: I assume Retula chooses to fly, I thought there were more people around

Iuric picks up Kanrith and tries to carry him, crossing the threshold style, to the other side.
    Retula flies over gracefully, displaying the strength of an athlete in her initial leap.

Karinth is swept of his feet by Iuric, who then races forward the goo pulling out of his way to avoid him.

All three then arrive safely next to Sarric on the other side.

Necrominus wrote: »
    Vrakrash gestures to the tunnel.

'Shall we? Ser Boros, Sora- follow my steps and check for danger as we travel.'

Vrakrash waits till the three are lined up then proceeds slowly down the tunnel, checking for any pressure pads or tripwires and moving slowly towards the vault doors.
    About halfway along the corridor Ser Boros hears a click beneath his feet, but stops before stepping off.

"I'm familiar with pressure traps, but...it seems I am in trouble noble dragon"

Vrakrash turns back to help Ser Boros.

'Sora, can you do anything about this?'

He examines the trap if he has time.

Vrakrash turns back to help Ser Boros.

'Sora, can you do anything about this?'

He examines the trap if he has time.
    The trap is mechanical in construction. Vrakrash can see it consists of a piece of the flooring compressed and pushing against a magical hex. Should Ser Boros step off, the Hex will activate.

Vrakrash feels himself weaken...

OOC: CON check

Retula flies over gracefully, displaying the strength of an athlete in her initial leap.

Karinth is swept of his feet by Iuric, who then races forward the goo pulling out of his way to avoid him.

All three then arrive safely next to Sarric on the other side.
    Iuric, happy that his feet didn't melt, holds Karinth in his arms for an awkwardly long time before realising he's still carrying him and puts him down. "Shall we proceed?" Iuric asks as he follows after the Salty Stranger.

As Sarric leaps the green fluid attempts to grab him, but he jumps just a bit too high for it.

He lands on the other side safe and sound.

The green fluid shudders and contracts slightly shortly afterward (OOC: Iuric's Dreadful aspect), it returns to its normal shape, but doesn't move as much.

Up the stairs Sarric sees a laboratory with several victims chained to metal slabs. A beholder tends to them. A skeletal figure, 10 foot tall, in a floral dress sits spinning a fabric between its hands. Occasionally pulling more fabric from one of the victim's skulls.

Retula sends her shadow ahead to scout. Remembering Mr S's warning, she does not say a word. But she does have a good look at the victims to see if she recognises anyone.
    Then she looks for a way forward

Retula sends her shadow ahead to scout. Remembering Mr S's warning, she does not say a word. But she does have a good look at the victims to see if she recognises anyone.
    Then she looks for a way forward
    Two of the victims look exactly like Karinth.

Mr.S sits between these two waving at Retula's shadow.

The trap is mechanical in construction. Vrakrash can see it consists of a piece of the flooring compressed and pushing against a magical hex. Should Ser Boros step off, the Hex will activate.

Vrakrash feels himself weaken...

OOC: CON check

OOC: 6:(

• Advertisement

Sarric checks the stairs for traps then cautiously climbs.

Two of the victims look exactly like Karinth.

Mr.S sits between these two waving at Retula's shadow.

**Scaleyface, where the hell did you go? We just found death's grandma and could use a big dumb blade swinging maniac round about now. Vrak-vrak? You there? I'm sensing even less brain activity than normal and that shouldn't be possible. I've owned smarter chairs.... Big V?**

OOC: 6:(
    Vrakrash collapses to the ground, his strength leaving him.

Sora stands over him and kicks him in the face (OOC: 4HP lost).

"Oh I could do something about this, quite easily, but why would I? Do you know how long I was sealed in that valley? A long time. I could have never escaped without your aide and now you lead me straight to the tower and its famous Hall of Treasures..."

She grabs Vrakrash by the nose and drags him onto the square of flooring Ser Boros has pressed down.

"Now, you get to choose who gets killed..."

She reaches into Vrakrash's clothing and removes Citra's bones.

"...I'll need these to get past the Hall's defenses. You mother died for you, pity it was for nothing"

She heads down the corridor and stops at a point about a quarter mile away, opens a hatch and dives into the ocean. Vrakrash sees her swim up, and vanish magically after a only ascending some twenty to thirty feet.

The corridor begins to flood with the released water.

"Dragon?" Ser Boros begins "Are you alright?"

sKeith wrote: »
    Sarric checks the stairs for traps then cautiously climbs.
    The steps contain none and he enters the strange laboratory without a problem. The beholder floats over.

"Here for backup? A high elf might take longer, but I think I can do it"

Vrakrash collapses to the ground, his strength leaving him.

Sora stands over him and kicks him in the face (OOC: 4HP lost).

"Oh I could do something about this, quite easily, but why would I? Do you know how long I was sealed in that valley? A long time. I could have never escaped without your aide and now you lead me straight to the tower and its famous Hall of Treasures..."

She grabs Vrakrash by the nose and drags him onto the square of flooring Ser Boros has pressed down.

"Now, you get to choose who gets killed..."

She reaches into Vrakrash's clothing and removes Citra's bones.

"...I'll need these to get past the Hall's defenses. You mother died for you, pity it was for nothing"

She heads down the corridor and stops at a point about a quarter mile away, opens a hatch and dives into the ocean. Vrakrash sees her swim up, and vanish magically after a only ascending some twenty to thirty feet.

The corridor begins to flood with the released water.

"Dragon?" Ser Boros begins "Are you alright?"

Vrakrash looks up at Ser Boros.

He smiles wanly.

'Yes friend. Now go, kill that witch for me.'

He kicks out at Ser Boros and aims to push him off the square.

Iuric, happy that his feet didn't melt, holds Karinth in his arms for an awkwardly long time before realising he's still carrying him and puts him down. "Shall we proceed?" Iuric asks as he follows after the Salty Stranger.
    Ascending the stairs with Karinth, Iuric suddenly sees the beholder gather red energy in his eye and turn it at Iuric. He does so without aggression however.

OOC: Dex check if you wish to dodge

The steps contain none and he enters the strange laboratory without a problem. The beholder floats over.

"Here for backup? A high elf might take longer, but I think I can do it"

"Thank you, what do I call you?"

Ascending the stairs with Karinth, Iuric suddenly sees the beholder gather red energy in his eye and turn it at Iuric. He does so without aggression however.

OOC: Dex check if you wish to dodge
    OOC: 18

Vrakrash looks up at Ser Boros.

He smiles wanly.

'Yes friend. Now go, kill that witch for me.'

He kicks out at Ser Boros and aims to push him off the square.
    The kick connects and Ser Boros is knocked off the square.

"But...why dragon?" he stammers, feeling conlicted.

"I once hunted for your kind on my father's lands...I don't deserve your mercy and...a knight is meant to die for others...dragon..."

Ser Boros seems near tears.

• Advertisement

OOC: That was instant death if failed
    OOC: 18
    Iuric tilts his head just in time, the beam flying past him and disintegrating one of the slab victims.

"I require a day to recharge that" the beholder sighs "Your biology is semidivine, would have made a good addition to the collection, but no matter"

The kick connects and Ser Boros is knocked off the square.

"But...why dragon?" he stammers, feeling conlicted.

"I once hunted for your kind on my father's lands...I don't deserve your mercy and...a knight is meant to die for others...dragon..."

Ser Boros seems near tears.

'Because you are my friend, and I will not condemn you to death. I only ask that you kill Sora and smear this... Treasure Hall... she seeks with her lifeblood. It is her who has done this, not you.'

Retula climbs the stairs, poking her beholder hand around the jamb to double check whether Sarric is in any danger before stepping out. It's at this moment she realises that she's never tried to see through the eye before. For that matter, she checks her fingernails to see if they've grown, it's been at least a month. Hang on, weren't we doing something importa- ****! "Uh..Iuric, to might wanna.." kerzapp! "...never mind!"

She walks out behind the paladin, sheepishly but quietly.

OOC: That was instant death if failed

Iuric tilts his head just in time, the beam flying past him and disintegrating one of the slab victims.

"I require a day to recharge that" the beholder sighs "Your biology is semidivine, would have made a good addition to the collection, but no matter"
    "To attack without warning is... is..." cough "I trust that is the end of this or" Iuric draws Durandal.

'Because you are my friend, and I will not condemn you to death. I only ask that you kill Sora and smear this... Treasure Hall... she seeks with her lifeblood. It is her who has done this, not you.'
    "Then I must not tarry..."

He clenches his fist.

"...for too long I have refused my birthright. I have not being willing to fully let go and show no mercy. My family are monster slayers. It may seem funny, but I was raised to earn my place by saving a princess in a nearby land from a dragon who held her captive. And yet now I see it is a princess who is the monster and a dragon who is my friend"

He hugs Vrakrash, then stands and places the helm of his armour shut over his face.

"I promise you she will die this day...may the immortals of Mystara watch over you, he who saved mine own life"

He pounds off down the corridor and leaps into the water, powerful muscles carrying him upward until he too disappears.

Vrakrash does not have long until the waters consume him.

"To attack without warning is... is..." cough "I trust that is the end of this or" Iuric draws Durandal.
    "It is...no need to worry" the beholder smirks.

"Backup?"

• Advertisement

"It is...no need to worry" the beholder smirks.

"Backup?"
    Iuric sheathes Durandal "Backup for what?"

Iuric sheathes Durandal "Backup for what?"
    "Your life...I clone your body, you take a crystal and should you die, well you wind up back here, the crystal will send your soul into the clone"

"Your life...I clone your body, you take a crystal and should you die, well you wind up back here, the crystal will send your soul into the clone"
    "With all my memories?"

If Retula's face weren't already, she would go white.
    She looks for a shadow to hide in, using her own and a series of minor illusions if necessary, and tries to get past this room.

"With all my memories?"
    "It's not 100%, no. Also I can only grow the clones with so much power, trying to give them all you have has a heavy risk of mutation. Although if it is a risk you are willing to take..." he says the last part high pitched, obviously hoping somebody is willing to take it.

• Advertisement

If Retula's face weren't already, she would go white.
    She looks for a shadow to hide in, using her own and a series of minor illusions if necessary, and tries to get past this room.
    She makes it past and reaches a small arch on the other side of the room. It leads down a pitch black tunnel.

"Then I must not tarry..."

He clenches his fist.

"...for too long I have refused my birthright. I have not being willing to fully let go and show no mercy. My family are monster slayers. It may seem funny, but I was raised to earn my place by saving a princess in a nearby land from a dragon who held her captive. And yet now I see it is a princess who is the monster and a dragon who is my friend"

He hugs Vrakrash, then stands and places the helm of his armour shut over his face.

"I promise you she will die this day...may the immortals of Mystara watch over you, he who saved mine own life"

He pounds off down the corridor and leaps into the water, powerful muscles carrying him upward until he too disappears.

Vrakrash does not have long until the waters consume him.

Vrakrash rolls over, not moving from the square and pulls the resurrection scroll from his pack.

OOC: The one the spider gave him, for clarity

As the waters begin to consume him, he reads the scroll. As he says the last word, he rolls off the square.

OOC: Jesus I hope this works!

"It's not 100%, no. Also I can only grow the clones with so much power, trying to give them all you have has a heavy risk of mutation. Although if it is a risk you are willing to take..." he says the last part high pitched, obviously hoping somebody is willing to take it.
    "One life is enough with these memories" Iuric looks up "And I need to face what's coming after, so I will do without your services"

"How many of mes can be, at once?"

Vrakrash rolls over, not moving from the square and pulls the resurrection scroll from his pack.

OOC: The one the spider gave him, for clarity

As the waters begin to consume him, he reads the scroll. As he says the last word, he rolls off the square.

OOC: Jesus I hope this works!
    The square super heats the entire corridor. Vrakrash is incinerated almost instantly. He feels no pain.

He wakes in field with Citra.

"My son, so soon? The tower is harsh...Ursula is somebody even I didn't go near for that reason. Good thing she wasn't evil, just bastard neutral!" she laughs.

"Anyway, you have your father's craftiness. Self resurrection..." she pats him on the head "...See you soon"

He reappears in the corridor, the water gone.

"How many of mes can be, at once?"
    "Well with nobody else taking the offer, I can offer you three extra..."

He scans Sarric with a blue beam.

"...Sarrics"

She makes it past and reaches a small arch on the other side of the room. It leads down a pitch black tunnel.

Ooc : My darkvision any good in that?

"Well with nobody else taking the offer, I can offer you three extra..."

He scans Sarric with a blue beam.

"...Sarrics"

"Excellent, how long will it take to make them, i want all three asap."

Ooc : My darkvision any good in that?
    OOC: It looks like dim lighting and you can't see colour. From where you stand it just looks like a boring stone corridor

"Excellent, how long will it take to make them, i want all three asap."
    "Only a minute or two...I'll need your blood"

• Advertisement
Advertisement