Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

D&D II Act Two Scene I - The Tower

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,800 ✭✭✭Evade

Fourier wrote: »
    "You mean explaining the theory behind the magic. Fourth one across. She's a tough read lad. It's entirely in Common, but you'd need strong magical talent to make use of it.

It's the reason we have 'ready to fire' copies in the scrolls here. Just read out the Common, the scroll ignites and the spell works. Kastern a few floors up has the spells in his noggin but I know nobody else who does. Save Ursula I suppose"
    "That would be wasted on me, I struggled with the easier tome, however," Iuric looks to Vrakrash "Vrakrash there's a tome on magical theory that is beyond my understanding, perhaps you would have more success?"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,558 ✭✭✭✭Fourier

sKeith wrote: »
    Sarric looks around to see where Retula went.
    He finds her standing outside the R labelled room.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

"I wouldn't go in there. I'm grieving. "

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,637 ✭✭✭✭OldGoat

Evade wrote: »
    Iuric offers the time travel scroll to mags. "You are right, perhaps it is best you hold onto this"
    As Mags contemplates the doors and any possible codes in the lettering he remember the conversation he had with Iuric.
    "No, I don't want it. You might use it when you find a willing blood donor. You might need it when I'm dead, when my song is sung, when my vibration is stilled and I am at one with the worldsong. Then you might use your scroll."
    As Mags backs out he finds himself standing, not in the landing with the crystal staircase, but in a large wooden hut with a ladder going up through the ceiling.

The hut has five wooden doors. A, G, L, O, Y.

He hears no response to his question.
    OOC: Are the doors on separate levels and up the ladder?

Mags walks straight through the 'Y' door cos 'Y' is the first letter of the word yellow and that is one of the colours that Mags likes.

I'm older than Minecraft goats.

OldGoat wrote: »
    OOC: Are the doors on separate levels and up the ladder?
    OOC: Ah sorry, the doors are all on the same level. The ladder is the center of the hut, going up through the roof.
    Mags walks straight through the 'Y' door cos 'Y' is the first letter of the word yellow and that is one of the colours that Mags likes.
    Opening the Y door, he enters what seems to be a lab of some sort.

A dragon, a beholder, a mind-flayer and a yuan ti are each chained to their own metallic slab unconcious, with needles of various sorts connecting them to a large tesla coil in the center of the room.

Above the tesla coil is a glass window, through which Mags can see a large ringed planet taking up over half the sky.

• Advertisement

Mags ignores the livestock and the view and heads straight to the coil. Without touching it he examines it closely trying to discern what it does.

OOC: What colour dragon? To my bardic knowledge would I recognisance it as a friend or a fiend?

Mags ignores the livestock and the view and heads straight to the coil. Without touching it he examines it closely trying to discern what it does.

OOC: What colour dragon? To my bardic knowledge would I recognisance it as a friend or a fiend?
    The dragon looks to be a black dragon, tinged slightly purple from the reflected light of the planet above.

The coil doesn't seem to be extracting anything from the creatures, but more a way of delivering something into them. Capacitors on the roof suggest whatever it is is delivered from above.

Very carefully examine the creatures. Are they real or constructs.
    If he manages to do so without bringing them to consciousness he heads up to see where the power for the coil is coming from, what the capacitors are delivering.

Very carefully examine the creatures. Are they real or constructs.
    If he manages to do so without bringing them to consciousness he heads up to see where the power for the coil is coming from, what the capacitors are delivering.
    The creatures are very definitely real and breathing, though subdued.

The capacitors seem to be inactive at the moment, though they rotate about the roof. Mags looks up...

OOC: Perception check

The creatures are very definitely real and breathing, though subdued.

The capacitors seem to be inactive at the moment, though they rotate about the roof. Mags looks up...

OOC: Perception check
    OOC: I perceived a 15

• Advertisement

OOC: I perceived a 15
    Looking upward Mags focuses as hard as he can, closing his ears off to other sounds.
    The world above has a current of magic in its atmosphere, he can hear it singing down into the chamber. He can hear one strong current in particular gathering in the upper clouds. Already the capacitors are in tune with it.

Like a lightening strike, the energy bursts from the planet toward the lab. He can't see it with his eyes, but he hears it in his soul. Some ten minutes until it reaches the lab's ceiling window.

Mags cantrips 'True Strike' on each of the beasties so that if the **** hits the fan or the magic hits the tesla he'll have a little insight into each.
    He then tries to unhook the needles from the creatures, starting with the yuan ti.

Mags cantrips 'True Strike' on each of the beasties so that if the **** hits the fan or the magic hits the tesla he'll have a little insight into each.
    He then tries to unhook the needles from the creatures, starting with the yuan ti.
    The needles are unhooked relatively easily. The Yuan-Ti wakes slowly.

"An Orc...you are not from this place...how long has it been?"

The needles are unhooked relatively easily. The Yuan-Ti wakes slowly.

"An Orc...you are not from this place...how long has it been?"
    "Shushhh, it's not time to wake yet. Go back to sleep for a while."
    Mags plays a lullaby softly.

"Shushhh, it's not time to wake yet. Go back to sleep for a while."
    Mags plays a lullaby softly.
    The Yuan-Ti begins to protest

"What's that...song...zzzzzzzzzzz"

He nods off to sleep.

Mags manages to disconnect all of them without another one stirring.

The belt of energy is about four minutes away at this point, now visible as an arc of white flame in the sky, emanating from a storm spot on the planet.

Mags whispers a suggestion to the dragon,
    "Don't trust the beholder, it's under the influence of the Illiad and that Yang-Ti said something disgraceful about your mother".

He spends a few minutes looking around for a portal to use to return to the tower. If he can't find the emergency exit he holds the needles that were linked into the creatures against the capacitors to create a feedback loop and looks up at the incoming arc.
    "This could be fun."

Mags whispers a suggestion to the dragon,
    "Don't trust the beholder, it's under the influence of the Illiad and that Yang-Ti said something disgraceful about your mother".

He spends a few minutes looking around for a portal to use to return to the tower. If he can't find the emergency exit he holds the needles that were linked into the creatures against the capacitors to create a feedback loop and looks up at the incoming arc.
    "This could be fun."
    When the arc strikes the feedback instantly overloads the capacitors and the coils, blowing out the roof. As the air begins to be vacuumed from the room, strange shadowy beings begin to pour through from space in a stream extending back to the planet.

Mags sees the feedback energy run along the roof, cracking the ceiling and collapsing a wall, exposing a gap through which he can see Retula.

OOC: STR(Atheltics) to dive out of the room in time to not be pulled out into space

Retula and Sarric, standing near the crystal staircases begin to feel a sudden breeze and a crack opens in midair next to them.

When the arc strikes the feedback instantly overloads the capacitors and the coils, blowing out the roof. As the air begins to be vacuumed from the room, strange shadowy beings begin to pour through from space in a stream extending back to the planet.

Mags sees the feedback energy run along the roof, cracking the ceiling and collapsing a wall, exposing a gap through which he can see Retula.

OOC: STR(Atheltics) to dive out of the room in time to not be pulled out into space
    OOC: I strength'ed a 23

OOC: I strength'ed a 23
    Mags leaps from the room just as it is pulled apart behind him. He rolls onto the floor in front of Retula.

A large number of the shadow beings can be seen pulling the dragon and the other creatures apart, before turning their attention to the gap to which the slowly advance curiously.

Through the gap, with the room out of the way, Mags can see the room stood on a moon of the ringed planet. The top room of a small tower. This other tower is no collapsing under the strain of having its upper room ripped off.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,404 ✭✭✭✭sKeith

Retula and Sarric, standing near the crystal staircases begin to feel a sudden breeze and a crack opens in midair next to them.
    Sarric examines the crack..

"The **** did you do, calindir?"
    Retula looks down at Mags, then back up at the crack and the shadowy figures beyond.

"All things considered, I think I'm really going to regret not having that sit down.

Mags, what does the wall on the other side of that crack look like?"

Based on his description, she casts Minor Illusion to cover the crack over.

Mags leaps from the room just as it is pulled apart behind him. He rolls onto the floor in front of Retula.

A large number of the shadow beings can be seen pulling the dragon and the other creatures apart, before turning their attention to the gap to which the slowly advance curiously.

Through the gap, with the room out of the way, Mags can see the room stood on a moon of the ringed planet. The top room of a small tower. This other tower is no collapsing under the strain of having its upper room ripped off.
    "Errrr, I think I might have killed a beastie or two...and opened a pathway to something bad. On the plus side, I destroyed a tower so, woohoo, right?"

Mags starts to play JoePaz, harsh loud discordant sounds, destructive, sharp and concussive in an attempt to seal the gap before the shadow beings come through.

As Sarric bends over a peers into Mags's crack he sees the the shadowy beings in their multitudes, over a hundred he would guess.

Though Retula's minor illusion works and Joepaz begins to seal the hole, the beings begin to force their way through.

OOC: Init

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,993 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

OOC: Can I join or am I too far away?

Necrominus wrote: »
    OOC: Can I join or am I too far away?
    OOC: You can join. There's plenty pouring out of OG's newly open crack for all to hop in

As the first wave of shadow beings pour through, Karinth darts out from the library and aids the others in attacking them.

Mags's song begins to seal the portal as the others combat the shades. Strangely the beings seem to do no damage on a strike, only embedding their shadowy fists within their targets chests and retracting them. Retula blasts, as Vrakrash and Karinth slice the beings to ribbons. Some attempt to flow over the three attackers to reach Mags, but the majority are stopped by Sarric, who dismisses them with decapitating kicks and spear thrusts.

Mags seals the gateway then with his final note.

Suddenly the tower shakes. Fault lines appear along the walls, the result of this level attempting to support the energy discharge Mags had redirected. Spatial distortions begin to ripple along landing. In the library Iuric feels a shake.

"Nice fist work on that crack Sarric" Karinth says patting his friends shoulder "All of you, I fear we may have set something terrible in motion..." he smiles an evil grin "...on the plus side, I'd wager some of the tower's defenses are down"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,800 ✭✭✭Evade

Iuric reading a tome he doesn't quite understand notices the shaking "What was that?" He looks around and notices his companions are gone and asks the librarian "Is that supposed to happen?"

"well we can't open that door, thats where Mags went with Iuric, whose presumably dead now. And I set a pig on fire through there. The K door is the only way forward. Unless one of you wants to kill Stroupy for me and then the way out is the way forward, am I right?"

Ooc : Is there another stairs or just the 3 doors?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,993 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Vrakrash looks to the others.

'Point me in the direction of something to kill and let's go.'

Advertisement