Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

D&D II Act Two Scene I - The Tower

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,807 ✭✭✭Evade

Necrominus wrote: »
    'Yeah, that's the chap. How would you get in contact with a fella like that - give Rettie's wanting sacrifices in return for devotion to her... typical Gods, take take take, never any giving. Anyways, I suppose we should think about heading for the tower.'
    "I um... I had but one avenue of contact" Iuric shudders at the thought of trying to summon Ramiel, he was a pain before but now... "It may not be wise to pursue it"

OOC: I might not be around tonight, if there's any decisions to be made Iuric will side with Vrakrash. Can't break another oath.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,558 ✭✭✭✭Fourier

OldGoat wrote: »
    Mags seeks out and cautiously approaches one (isolated) townie. If perceiving that all is well engages in conversation.
    "Hi there. I'm looking for an inn or a tavern, somewhere a weary traveller and a master entertainer might refresh, seek news, meet interesting people. Could you point me in the right direction please.
    That tower over there is magnificent, can you tell me anything about it perchance?"
    One of the mannequin like beings looks up at the tower. It's massive base floating above the town square.

"Yes, it is wonderful. I am sorry to say we have little in the way of entertainment or taverns. We require no sustenance aside from a stream of magical energy from the tower. Entertainment, well, I suppose we do have a form, but other races would find it boring. Simple conversation, tower maintenance, keeping up with tower events and so on"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,637 ✭✭✭✭OldGoat

Fourier wrote: »
    One of the mannequin like beings looks up at the tower. It's massive base floating above the town square.

"Yes, it is wonderful. I am sorry to say we have little in the way of entertainment or taverns. We require no sustenance aside from a stream of magical energy from the tower. Entertainment, well, I suppose we do have a form, but other races would find it boring. Simple conversation, tower maintenance, keeping up with tower events and so on"

"Tower maintenance and tower events are fascinating. Are there maintenance doorways and passages or do you enter through the main entrance?"
    Mags looks up at the tower then back and forth between the townie and the tower.
    "So, how do you manage to get up there?"
    As he points he casts the 'True Strike' cantrip in the hopes of discovering any weakness these strange beings might have.

I'm older than Minecraft goats.

"Tower maintenance and tower events are fascinating. Are there maintenance doorways and passages or do you enter through the main entrance?"
    Mags looks up at the tower then back and forth between the townie and the tower.
    "So, how do you manage to get up there?"
    As he points he casts the 'True Strike' cantrip in the hopes of discovering any weakness these strange beings might have.
    "We are summoned to where we are needed, we simply become aware of it. As for entering, we and the tower are of the same being, the walls simply absorb us, we are part of its immune system you might say. You are foreign bodies, it might be dangerous for you in there"

Mags plays a light tune that reverberates back of the mannequin's body, should he need to strike him he senses a weakness in the substances forming his lower back.

"That's rely interesting and thanks for the warning. Hypothetically speaking, if we had a key that grants access would we still be considered 'foreign' and therefore dangerous?"

"That's rely interesting and thanks for the warning. Hypothetically speaking, if we had a key that grants access would we still be considered 'foreign' and therefore dangerous?"
    "No, you'd be fine...well fine to enter. The tower's internal geometry, the defensive traps, the inhabitants and the still functioning spell experiments are all quite dangerous. Add in the inhabitants fighting over the experiments and so on. Well I don't think I'll see you again.

If I do though, you'll have power you can only imagine now"

"Thank you." Mags waves as he walk on.
    "You've been a credit to your, errrr, tower."

"Thank you." Mags waves as he walk on.
    "You've been a credit to your, errrr, tower."
    As Mags walks on he reaches the center of the town with small residential homes and a single domed building out of which rises column that stretches up into the towers base.

The domed building has a large emerald green door.

Mags sits by the door and waits for the keyholder. He takes out JoePaz and noodles a tune, just for practice.

• Advertisement

'Yeah, that's the chap. How would you get in contact with a fella like that - give Rettie's wanting sacrifices in return for devotion to her... typical Gods, take take take, never any giving. Anyways, I suppose we should think about heading for the tower.'

Vrakrash starts up the path towards the tower, taking out the key and examining it closely on the way.
    The key slowly cycles through the colours of the rainbow as Vrakrash walks forward. Looking closely at the key he can see magical energy inside.

He arrives at the domed building, whose emerald door is now blue, as is the key.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 52,303 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

The key slowly cycles through the colours of the rainbow as Vrakrash walks forward. Looking closely at the key he can see magical energy inside.

He arrives at the domed building, whose emerald door is now blue, as is the key.

Vrakrash looks for a keyhole, and if he finds one, checks it carefully before inserting the key.

OOC: You'd hardly kill us just entering the tower... would you :p

Vrakrash looks for a keyhole, and if he finds one, checks it carefully before inserting the key.

OOC: You'd hardly kill us just entering the tower... would you :p
    The keyhole courses with energies similar to that of the key.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

**Pati-kake, we're heading inside, you dug that grave up for me yet?**

Vrakrash looks around him, shrugs and turns the key.

OOC: Dex save

• Advertisement

OOC: Dex save

OOC: 18

A pulse of energy rushes down the tower, through the column and gathers in the key hole.

Vrakrash jumps backward as the entire sixteen foot region about the dome turns purple and the soil and key vanish.

Vrakrash stands slightly back from the newly created moat. Across it, the emerald door is now open.

Karinth investigates the ground, feeling and smelling the soil.

"Hellaportation...you would have been in a higher demon's slave pits or worse my friend. Close"

Vrakrash wipes the sweat from his brow and nods at Karinth.

'Could have been another tale to tell the grand-dragons though, ha....'

He looks at the moat. OOC: five metres, yeah?

'I wonder could we jump this safely? Oh well, no harm in trying.'

Vrakrash jumps across the moat towards the door...

Ooc : 5m? Citra has bigger toenails!

• Advertisement

OOC: Sorry I usually try to give Imperial inline with the D&D books. That should be 16 feet.
    Vrakrash jumps across the moat towards the door...
    He lands safely on the other side. He can see within the domed building there is a spiral staircase leading upward.

The rest of the room is empty except for a spherical gem in the center of the floor.

OOC: Of course there's a gem :pac:

Vrakrash looks to Karinth.

'Probably best to leave the gem, would you say Karinth?'

Vrakrash checks the stairs for traps and proceeds slowly upwards.

OOC: Of course there's a gem :pac:

Vrakrash looks to Karinth.

'Probably best to leave the gem, would you say Karinth?'

Vrakrash checks the stairs for traps and proceeds slowly upwards.
    "Yes" nods Karinth "I doubt it simply comes free and is purely decorative"

The stairs seem to have no traps. Vrakrash ascends with Karinth and Ser Boros following.

Retula whistles tunelessly, cocking her head at Citra and Formerly Naked Dude

"So are you two going in or was this whole tower thing just about keeping Jnr busy while you eviscerate me?"

Eventually they come to the top of the stairs. A large brown wooden door stands before them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,404 ✭✭✭✭sKeith

Sarric looks at the trench that has been excavavted and if its any deeper than 5 foot he'll jump across it but if its less than five foot deep then he'll hop down and climb out the other side.

Banjo wrote: »
    Retula whistles tunelessly, cocking her head at Citra and Formerly Naked Dude

"So are you two going in or was this whole tower thing just about keeping Jnr busy while you eviscerate me?"
    "You're out here too little miss god" Stroupy teases, as he then walks past her toward the tower.

Citra follows.

sKeith wrote: »
    Sarric looks at the trench that has been excavavted and if its any deeper than 5 foot he'll jump across it but if its less than five foot deep then he'll hop down and climb out the other side.
    Sarric climbs down, hops up and catches up with Vrakrash and the rest at the top of the stairs.

"You're out here too little miss god" Stroupy teases, as he then walks past her toward the tower.

Citra follows.

"I have dependents. When you have kids of your own - and I don't mean for dinner, or to sell into slavery to run Choo choos - you'll understand. That's not an offer, Stroup."

**Dude, check in or I'm returning you. You're making me look bad! I still have warranty**

"I have dependents. When you have kids of your own - and I don't mean for dinner, or to sell into slavery to run Choo choos - you'll understand. That's not an offer, Stroup."

**Dude, check in or I'm returning you. You're making me look bad! I still have warranty**
    Patinkin responds slowly.

**An...ancient...bird...wizard of some kind**

Hetyaro nods at Retula.

• Advertisement

Sarric gives the door a quick couple of knocks, "Hello...", and waits.

Sarric gives the door a quick couple of knocks, "Hello...", and waits.
    "YES?"

A deep voice, though clearly female.

Something large can be heard moving behind the door.

******! One of those Kenku wannabe losers? Couldn't even be bothered with a coffin. Unless he has something awesome sticking out of his beak, fill it in and drop a Thultanthar Steamer on the grave, I'll catch you up.

H, fly me across**

"You have visitors, be rude to leave us standing outside all day."

******! One of those Kenku wannabe losers? Couldn't even be bothered with a coffin. Unless he has something awesome sticking out of his beak, fill it in and drop a Thultanthar Steamer on the grave, I'll catch you up.

H, fly me across**
    Hetayro flies Retula across the gap and they reach the top of the stairs quite quickly.

"You have visitors, be rude to leave us standing outside all day."
    The door is opened by a massive minotaur female standing in a room with an open fire.

Beside the fire a polar bear skin rug and a table set with five meals.

On the South wall another wooden door.

"Nice setup you have here. Are we intruding, looks like you are just about to have dinner."

"Nice setup you have here. Are we intruding, looks like you are just about to have dinner."
    "Yes, I was. Come in I suppose. No reason to stop you"

She stomps away and sits at the table, digging into the meat.

Sarric enters and goes over to warm his hands on the fire.
    "Hi I'm Sarric,
    been told that those who enter here never leave.
    Now that we have entered, I'd really not like to follow that trend.
    Can you us any hints about the tower? shortcuts, maps, anything that could assist us.

Would you be interested in being our guide?

or do you know anyone who would like to guide us?"

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 778 ✭✭✭Jack Moore

I follow in the dark so stealth you didn’t know I was here

Sarric enters and goes over to warm his hands on the fire.
    "Hi I'm Sarric,
    been told that those who enter here never leave.
    Now that we have entered, I'd really not like to follow that trend.
    Can you us any hints about the tower? shortcuts, maps, anything that could assist us.

Would you be interested in being our guide?

or do you know anyone who would like to guide us?"
    "Some might, not me. I'm just supposed to keep the experiments on these lower three levels going and fill in the reports for Ursula.

Keep your hands of anything weird would be my main advice and get to the soul chamber one floor up"

"reports for Ursula?

She's still alive?"

Retula looks at Stroupy and Citra, counting on her fingers.

"Oh for crying out loud..... So, can you tell me anything about this soul chamber?"

"reports for Ursula?

She's still alive?"

Retula looks at Stroupy and Citra, counting on her fingers.

"Oh for crying out loud..... So, can you tell me anything about this soul chamber?"
    "Stores your soul, like a back up copy...alive isn't the word I'd use, but she can get the reports"

"Stores your soul, like a back up copy...alive isn't the word I'd use, but she can get the reports"

"No but I bet I can think of someone who would!"
    She turns to the Raven.
    "The dragon, the naked dude and whatevers left of the bystanders in Bandysia. Anything else is overtime, paid up front. Might as well die happy.

Hey Karinth - don't pretend this soul chamber thing doesn't ring a bell, it's got vivimagicky written all over it. Spill!"

"No but I bet I can think of someone who would!"
    She turns to the Raven.
    "The dragon, the naked dude and whatevers left of the bystanders in Bandysia. Anything else is overtime, paid up front. Might as well die happy.

Hey Karinth - don't pretend this soul chamber thing doesn't ring a bell, it's got vivimagicky written all over it. Spill!"
    The Raven indicates she has no interest in Ursula.

"Vivimantic certainly, the elites in Othegregrad have similar devices"

• Advertisement

Fourier wrote:
    The door is opened by a massive minotaur female standing in a room with an open fire.

Vrakrash admires the minotaur and examines her.

'My lady, such beauty! I had heard of your kind but never before had I witnessed one in the flesh.

Tell me, are you spoken for? If I ever happen back this way, would you be interested in a courtship?

Dragontaurs would make for excellent examining. I suspect Ursula herself would approve!'

Vrakrash admires the minotaur and examines her.

'My lady, such beauty! I had heard of your kind but never before had I witnessed one in the flesh.

Tell me, are you spoken for? If I ever happen back this way, would you be interested in a courtship?

Dragontaurs would make for excellent examining. I suspect Ursula herself would approve!'
    She looks up and cringes.

"Interspecies interests you dragon? Is this from your mother or father's side?" Karinth asks.

Fourier wrote:
    "Interspecies interests you dragon? Is this from your mother or father's side?" Karinth asks.

He looks at Karinth. 'Apparently both, as I have recently learned.'

Retula moves to block Vrakrashs's view of the polar bear rug lest an incident occur.

When his dander settles, she goes to check out the southern door.
    "If we're heading on, anyone you want us to call for dinner?"

Retula moves to block Vrakrashs's view of the polar bear rug lest an incident occur.

When his dander settles, she goes to check out the southern door.
    "If we're heading on, anyone you want us to call for dinner?"
    "The nervous guy, you'll know him when you see him"

• Advertisement
Advertisement