Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

D&D II Act Two Scene I - The Tower

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,558 ✭✭✭✭Fourier

Necrominus wrote: »
    Vrakrash looks around the room, before down to his damaged leg.

'Thank you Mags. No song to bring back my leg, no?'

He looks at Ser Boros.

'I'll live, for now anyways. Glad to see you are ok, that ocean I fell into looked... tasking for someone in armour such as yours.'

He rummages in his pack and pulls out the azure potion.

'Iuric... but how? Thank you anyways, wherever you may be.'

He drains the potion.
    "I am glad you are still living friend.

I trained for such a task, knights have to know how to swim...dragon you are glowing!"

A golden glow shines from Vrakrash's body, his leg regenerating instantly. The hooded dragon near pillar 9 calls him over.

"Come forth Vrakrash of the blood of Citra"

Banjo wrote: »
    "This? It's like a religious sex toy I think. Figured it might work with all this lube.

I... Uh... Wait how do I know you're *our* Karinth?"
    She puts her hands behind her back.
    " How many fingers am I holding up?"
    "How would that tell you if I am the real one?" Karinth laughs.

"No I'm afraid the others have no mind, base templates for my creation. The council paid no small sum to obtain them"

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Fourier wrote: »
    "I am glad you are still living friend.

I trained for such a task, knights have to know how to swim...dragon you are glowing!"

A golden glow shines from Vrakrash's body, his leg regenerating instantly. The hooded dragon near pillar 9 calls him over.

"Come forth Vrakrash of the blood of Citra"

Vrakrash rises to his feet and tentatively tests out his regrown leg. He approaches the hooded dragon, with a look behind him to Mags and Ser Boros.

'Maybe stay back guys - not sure if this is meant for either of you... but be on guard.'

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,637 ✭✭✭✭OldGoat

Vrakrash looks around the room, before down to his damaged leg.

'Thank you Mags. No song to bring back my leg, no?'
    OOC: I forgot that I used JoePaz so healing word is amplified by 1.5 so you get 13 hit points rather than 9.

"Nope, sorry. If you have the pox I can relieve you of that particularly nasty rash but regrowing limbs is beyond my meager skills. And I have only one potion but it's rainbow and made from Retula-juice so you probably won't like it.
    If I die in the next few minutes you are welcome to try it."

He walks over to the 12th column and jams his hand in the gap.

I'm older than Minecraft goats.

OldGoat wrote: »
    OOC: I forgot that I used JoePaz so healing word is amplified by 1.5 so you get 13 hit points rather than 9.

"Nope, sorry. If you have the pox I can relieve you of that particularly nasty rash but regrowing limbs is beyond my meager skills. And I have only one potion but it's rainbow and made from Retula-juice so you probably won't like it.
    If I die in the next few minutes you are welcome to try it."

He walks over to the 12th column and jams his hand in the gap.
    Even before the column completely opens Mags gets a sense of something wonderful.

Floating within the shielding energies is a single sheet from the symphony of creation. The fundamental song of this plane.

The shield flickers and deactivates and the page floats in midair.

• Advertisement

Vrakrash rises to his feet and tentatively tests out his regrown leg. He approaches the hooded dragon, with a look behind him to Mags and Ser Boros.

'Maybe stay back guys - not sure if this is meant for either of you... but be on guard.'
    "Do you remember me brother?"

The figure pulls back his hood revealing a golden dragon similar in appearance to Vrakrash himself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,637 ✭✭✭✭OldGoat

Even before the column completely opens Mags gets a sense of something wonderful.

Floating within the shielding energies is a single sheet from the symphony of creation. The fundamental song of this plane.

The shield flickers and deactivates and the page floats in midair.
    He snatches the paper and reads it swiftly finding the main themes before he crams it into a pocket.
    If the book and the worm are still about he examines those too while the dragons chat.

I'm older than Minecraft goats.

"Do you remember me brother?"

The figure pulls back his hood revealing a golden dragon similar in appearance to Vrakrash himself.

'But... it's impossible.... I was told you were dead!'

Vrakrash examines his...brother... carefully.

'This isn't the tower playing tricks on me as usual... is it?'

OldGoat wrote: »
    He snatches the paper and reads it swiftly finding the main themes before he crams it into a pocket.
    If the book and the worm are still about he examines those too while the dragons chat.
    The book is hard to decipher much more about. The song eminating from it is powerful, but of the bizarre structured kind associated with a Wizard's magic.

The worm moves slightly, wriggling every now and then. Great power lies within it, that much is certain, the shield containing it could hold a volcano from erupting.

'But... it's impossible.... I was told you were dead!'

Vrakrash examines his...brother... carefully.

'This isn't the tower playing tricks on me as usual... is it?'
    "No brother...I have waited a long time to meet you. To give you that which you were born to posses"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

"How would that tell you if I am the real one?" Karinth laughs.

"No I'm afraid the others have no mind, base templates for my creation. The council paid no small sum to obtain them"

She returns her hands to the fore, both middle fingers raised.
    "I mean it's not like it was a difficult one, bro. But you definitely sound like our guy?

I have little to no vivimantic skill, dude. That **** takes time, and since finding these books I can barely find time to go shopping, let alone ... Wait a sec.... hey, biro!" She calls, holding open her book on Retula history, "Remember the 16 or 1700 years I spent honing my vivimantic craft?"
    ...then waits for the flashback...

"No brother...I have waited a long time to meet you. To give you that which you were born to posses"

'But... but.. how? He killed you all, leaving me alive to torment... I do not understand!'

Vrakrash looks at his brother.

'What is it that I am born to possess? I came here with Mother, you know... but Retula... she sent her to her death. I am sorry you could not meet her.'

'But... but.. how? He killed you all, leaving me alive to torment... I do not understand!'

Vrakrash looks at his brother.

'What is it that I am born to possess? I came here with Mother, you know... but Retula... she sent her to her death. I am sorry you could not meet her.'
    "I knew I never would, I accepted that a long time ago. Place your hand in the receptacle, then you will know your birth right"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,800 ✭✭✭Evade

"Has Vrakrash survived or... or have I failed another oath?" Iuric ask Mr. S impatiently.

"I knew I never would, I accepted that a long time ago. Place your hand in the receptacle, then you will know your birth right"

Vrakrash bows his head.

'Whatever I am due to accept, I do so wilfully. I hope this doesn't end with another amputation though... I have a strange feeling that it was a regular occurrence for my father.'

He places his hand in the receptacle.

Banjo wrote: »
    She returns her hands to the fore, both middle fingers raised.
    "I mean it's not like it was a difficult one, bro. But you definitely sound like our guy?

I have little to no vivimantic skill, dude. That **** takes time, and since finding these books I can barely find time to go shopping, let alone ... Wait a sec.... hey, biro!" She calls, holding open her book on Retula history, "Remember the 16 or 1700 years I spent honing my vivimantic craft?"
    ...then waits for the flashback...
    Retula casts her mind back to her eternal self. Not the one born in the Shadowfell, but the one raised from Osinzirite dust and bone to shepherd the dead. The two converge at the recent meeting with the Oni, Retula the mortal having come on a boat and meeting him at the graveyard. Retula the eternal having been summoned once more to do his bidding.

Her time as a psychopomp had taught her a bit of the workings of mortal bodies, combined with her mortal self's acquisition of the proper vats. She had all she needed.

OOC: Like a Level Three Vivimancer

Evade wrote: »
    "Has Vrakrash survived or... or have I failed another oath?" Iuric ask Mr. S impatiently.
    Mr.S smiles.

"He lives, he lives. We might win this time"

Vrakrash bows his head.

'Whatever I am due to accept, I do so wilfully. I hope this doesn't end with another amputation though... I have a strange feeling that it was a regular occurrence for my father.'

He places his hand in the receptacle.
    The stone retracts slowly. Within lies an almighty glow. All in the room shield their eyes at its glory.

As his eyes adjust and the glow fades Vrakrash sees a mighty double-headed axe, bearing the symbols of his father and the dwarven god Vergadain.

"Behold our father's axe, I Drokrash grant thee access in return for the bones of the dragon that bore us"

Mr.S smiles.

"He lives, he lives. We might win this time"
    "You speak as if this has happened before, are some form of diviner?"

"You speak as if this has happened before, are some form of diviner?"
    "It's memory, not precognition. Yes, before. Many times"

He stands.

"Let's get going, I need to see how the other two are doing"

• Advertisement

The stone retracts slowly. Within lies an almighty glow. All in the room shield their eyes at its glory.

As his eyes adjust and the glow fades Vrakrash sees a mighty double-headed axe, bearing the symbols of his father and the dwarven god Vergadain.

"Behold our father's axe, I Drokrash grant thee access in return for the bones of the dragon that bore us"

Vrakrash looks at Ser Boros.

'You wouldn't mind helping me out here would you? Check that witch for the bones of mother. I have need for them.'

He looks at Drokash.

'All of the bones? Cos she isn't really that small you know.'

Vrakrash looks at Ser Boros.

'You wouldn't mind helping me out here would you? Check that witch for the bones of mother. I have need for them.'

He looks at Drokash.

'All of the bones? Cos she isn't really that small you know.'
    He smiles a sad smile.

"It is merely symbolic"

Ser Boros takes a small bone of Citra's from Sora's headless corpse and tosses it to Vrakrash.

"It's memory, not precognition. Yes, before. Many times"

He stands.

"Let's get going, I need to see how the other two are doing"
    Iuric follows Mr. S in confused silence trying to get his head around how that could be possible and if it is possible for a mortal* why have the gods not done so as well to improve the world or have they and this the best possible world the gods can create.

OOC: *Assuming he's not himself a god.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,404 ✭✭✭✭sKeith

Sarric casts a firebolt at the sap to see if it will ignite.

He smiles a sad smile.

"It is merely symbolic"

Ser Boros takes a small bone of Citra's from Sora's headless corpse and tosses it to Vrakrash.

Vrakrash looks sadly at the small bone.

'I wish she had been here to present herself, brother... but this will have to suffice. Goodbye, mother.'

He hands the bone to him.

Iuric and Mr.S arrive behing Sarric and the others near the sap covered entrance to the next chamber.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

OOC: Like a Level Three Vivimancer

"So...like...I'm not too bad actually."
    She twirls the biro.
    " Why?"

Then leaps back as a fire bolt flies at the sap.

"Dude, chill, the vibrator melted it and made that cool axe picture."

sKeith wrote: »
    Sarrid casts a firebolt at the sap to see if it will ignite.
    The firebolt incinerates the remaining sap in short order.

Within they see a large garden growing enormous biomechanical organs. In total it must be about two miles squared.

At its center is a waterfall flowing upward.

Iuric still distracted by his thoughts doesn't notice Mr. S stopping and keeps walking until he bumps into something.

• Advertisement

Iuric still distracted by his thoughts doesn't notice Mr. S stopping and keeps walking until he bumps into something.
    Iuric wanders into the garden in a contemplative mood, before hitting a biomechanical liver five time his size.

At that point he hears a rumbling and a giant crab like creature emerges from the ground.

"Who are you?" it asks.

Advertisement