Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

D&D II Act Two Scene I - The Tower

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,558 ✭✭✭✭Fourier

Stroupy enters the room with Vrakrash and Ser Boros.

He stops, his mouth wide open.

"Is this truly the fabled Hall of Treasures...then the third column..."

He approaches slowly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,404 ✭✭✭✭sKeith

"okay mini mes, if you are hungry, help yourselves to the bio from those biomechanical organs, eat you fill."

Necrominus wrote: »
    Vrakrash looks sadly at the small bone.

'I wish she had been here to present herself, brother... but this will have to suffice. Goodbye, mother.'

He hands the bone to him.
    "You may approach and claim what is yours"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,800 ✭✭✭Evade

Fourier wrote: »
    Iuric wanders into the garden in a contemplative mood, before hitting a biomechanical liver five time his size.

At that point he hears a rumbling and a giant crab like creature emerges from the ground.

"Who are you?" it asks.
    Iuric looks around stunned "Iuric Mercutius, and you are?"

sKeith wrote: »
    "okay mini mes, if you are hungry, help yourselves to the bio from those biomechanical organs, eat you fill."
    The Sarric's rush in and begin munching on the biomechanical organs.

The crustacean immediately wallops one with a pincer, though not hard enough to kill it.

"STOP! I have one job and I'm not failing it"

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,993 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

"You may approach and claim what is yours"

Vrakrash approaches the axe and grasps it with both hands.

OOC:

tenor.gif?itemid=3468832

Evade wrote: »
    Iuric looks around stunned "Iuric Mercutius, and you are?"
    "Gliomy. I tend the garden. Something Ursula has on order from a very high paying client. Custom grown god. It takes a long time though.

If you're headed up to the Hall, I've got no problem. From there on, things get dangerous though. I'm warning you, as I've warned many others. Though I suppose there's no way out on these lower levels, you kind of have to go up"

The Sarric's rush in and begin munching on the biomechanical organs.

The crustacean immediately wallops one with a pincer, though not hard enough to kill it.

"STOP! I have one job and I'm not failing it"

"whats your job dude, hitting people then saying stop? you should say stop first, then if they don't comply, hit them, you will find you may live a bit longer that way."

Necrominus wrote: »
    Vrakrash approaches the axe and grasps it with both hands.

OOC:

tenor.gif?itemid=3468832
    The axe shakes in his hand. Vrakrash can feel its incredible power and yet it does not fully accept him. Drokrash spits.

"You claim our Father's axe and yet do so in armour given to you by the world out there. If our father thought us anything it is to be ourselves. Cast off the armour the world has given you and have on you only the raiment given to you at birth, for that is your true armour"

"Gliomy. I tend the garden. Something Ursula has on order from a very high paying client. Custom grown god. It takes a long time though.

If you're headed up to the Hall, I've got no problem. From there on, things get dangerous though. I'm warning you, as I've warned many others. Though I suppose there's no way out on these lower levels, you kind of have to go up"
    "Gods can be grown!? Were they not always... gods?"

• Advertisement

"whats your job dude, hitting people then saying stop? you should say stop first, then if they don't comply, hit them, you will find you may live a bit longer that way."
    "You know that makes a lot of sense. A word of friendly advice in return. A very powerful dude is on the floor above the Hall, in the lake. Avoid"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

In the doorway, Retula snickers at this involuntarily, then returns her attention to Karinth.
    "No, seriously, why?"

"You know that makes a lot of sense. A word of friendly advice in return. A very powerful dude is on the floor above the Hall, in the lake. Avoid"

"Avoid the lake, thank you. Yo, 3 Stooges, leave the dudes organs along, we'll find you something else to eat soon enough." Sarric looks for exits.

"Well there are lots of different types of Gods. Ones that developed from and embody principles foundational to the plain, can't grow them. Ones that developed from mortal belief, with a tissue sample from similar such gods and some liquid faith, they can be grown.

Then of course there are mortal who underwent apotheosis, they can also be grown, but usually not worth the effort"

"Avoid the lake, thank you. Yo, 3 Stooges, leave the dudes organs along, we'll find you something else to eat soon enough." Sarric looks for exits.
    The waterfall flowing upward seems to be the only way out.

Banjo wrote: »
    In the doorway, Retula snickers at this involuntarily, then returns her attention to Karinth.
    "No, seriously, why?"
    "I need you to implant something in me"

Sarric's clones snigger.

"You're not going to smack us if we drink from the water in here, are you?"

"You're not going to smack us if we drink from the water in here, are you?"
    "No, that's fine. Flows from the lake above"

OOC: Waterfall has two streams, one going up, another going down

"Well there are lots of different types of Gods. Ones that developed from and embody principles foundational to the plain, can't grow them. Ones that developed from mortal belief, with a tissue sample from similar such gods and some liquid faith, they can be grown.

Then of course there are mortal who underwent apotheosis, they can also be grown, but usually not worth the effort"
    "I was not aware there were grades of gods. Do gods have their own gods? Is it merely a vast hierarchy extending forever?"

"I need you to implant something in me"

Sarric's clones snigger.

"I have a dagger I can implant in your head if you don't get to the point, that do ya?"

• Advertisement

Sarric bores of the god talk and treks to the water near the water fall and drinks his fill. He then looks at how to go about climbing up the waterfall.

"I was not aware there were grades of gods. Do gods have their own gods? Is it merely a vast hierarchy extending forever?"
    "I'm not well versed theotaxonomy, but it goes up pretty high. Above the living principles of our plane stand gods who exist across planes. Confusingly some of these come from Mortal belief, such as many dwarf gods who span multiple plans given common tendencies in dwarven behaviour. Although more powerful, within a plane they must answer to that planes principles.

There are also Immortals. Mortals raised not to divinity, but something else, simply by their own will.

Above even them are the truly multiversal beings. Vast and incomprehensible. Present in all planes and who view a single one as we might a city or town.

Beyond that?

The Outsiders, the Old Ones, of which I know little"

Sarric bores of the god talk and treks to the water near the water fall and drinks his fill. He then looks at how to go about climbing up the waterfall.
    The stream flowing up seems powerful enough to carry him.

"I have a dagger I can implant in your head if you don't get to the point, that do ya?"
    "In the hall there is a tissue sample necessary to complete my design, but I cannot implant it in myself"

"Sure. But if it looks like a dick you can ask Ser Boros. I gave that **** up in my 50s." Retula wanders into the organ farm, and has a quick gander at the wares, specifically looking for any bits that fell off when the Sarric's were at them.

"I'm not well versed theotaxonomy, but it goes up pretty high. Above the living principles of our plane stand gods who exist across planes. Confusingly some of these come from Mortal belief, such as many dwarf gods who span multiple plans given common tendencies in dwarven behaviour. Although more powerful, within a plane they must answer to that planes principles.

There are also Immortals. Mortals raised not to divinity, but something else, simply by their own will.

Above even them are the truly multiversal beings. Vast and incomprehensible. Present in all planes and who view a single one as we might a city or town.

Beyond that?

The Outsiders, the Old Ones, of which I know little"
    Iuric's mind is blown "I had always believed gods were the be all and end all but if they are merely beings with power what gives them the right to dictate our lives and demand worship?" he says mostly to himself.

After a moment of thought "I have much to think about, I shall take my leave"

Iuric heads over to the water lifts and tries to figure out how to use it to get up to the next level.

"Sure. But if it looks like a dick you can ask Ser Boros. I gave that **** up in my 50s." Retula wanders into the organ farm, and has a quick gander at the wares, specifically looking for any bits that fell off when the Sarric's were at them.
    The organs are:
    A heart
    A liver
    Two lungs
    Two kidneys
    Gall bladder

All that came free was a bit of blood when they bit in.

Iuric's mind is blown "I had always believed gods were the be all and end all but if they are merely beings with power what gives them the right to dictate our lives and demand worship?" he says mostly to himself.

After a moment of thought "I have much to think about, I shall take my leave"

Iuric heads over to the water lifts and tries to figure out how to use it to get up to the next level.
    He quickly finds that unless he swims against it, the upward stream will easily carry him to the next level.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,993 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

The axe shakes in his hand. Vrakrash can feel its incredible power and yet it does not fully accept him. Drokrash spits.

"You claim our Father's axe and yet do so in armour given to you by the world out there. If our father thought us anything it is to be ourselves. Cast off the armour the world has given you and have on you only the raiment given to you at birth, for that is your true armour"

Vrakrash shrugs off his armour and stands as the world created him.

'No need for embarrassment folks.'

• Advertisement

He quickly finds that unless he swims against it, the upward stream will easily carry him to the next level.
    Iuric steps in and goes with the flow.

Advertisement