Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

D&D II Act Two Scene I - The Tower

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,404 ✭✭✭✭sKeith

Banjo wrote: »
    "Prithee, sirrah, grant me your pardon. And stuff. "
    She turns to Karinth

"Ok deadite, lead on!"

"Retula, do you think its possible that we are dead? I always had the notion that if I was dead, then i'd know about it, but that goblin told me of this golem upstairs who can tell if you are dead or not, and won't let you into the bar if you are dead. Isn't that fascinating, I just have to see this Golem."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

sKeith wrote: »
    "Retula, do you think its possible that we are dead? I always had the notion that if I was dead, then i'd know about it, but that goblin told me of this golem upstairs who can tell if you are dead or not, and won't let you into the bar if you are dead. Isn't that fascinating, I just have to see this Golem."

"...Are you sure you haven't already been in the tavern on the 10th floor? For, like, a very long time? You sound wasted.

I'm pretty sure if I was dead I'd know because...uh.... well there'd be signs, wouldn't there? Like my bird....and my familiar... would.... disappear...? Oh ****! And I'd probably return to Osinzir and get my powers back!"
    She looks over her shoulder at the biro and book following her.
    "Oh no... I can't be dead, I just can't! I'm owed money! I had things I was gonna do! I have dogs to walk! No no no no no..."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,637 ✭✭✭✭OldGoat

Fourier wrote: »
    The tower opens a gate and the snake crawls through. It then speaks.

"I can send you to the 20th, but it will be at great risk to your person"
    "First, you own me a better weapon. Then, you mentined earlier that there was something of interest to me as a bard on the twentieth floor. Give me more details before I risk my friends or myself."
    Necrominus wrote: »
    Vrakrash steps forward and greets the snake.

'20th Floor? Praytell Mags, why would you wish to go there? I would accompany you, along with Ser Boros, you will allow us.'
    "Hold for a moment if you will. There is no gain, no profit in this for you and probably not for me either. Lets hear what the snake has to offer."

I'm older than Minecraft goats.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,558 ✭✭✭✭Fourier

OldGoat wrote: »
    "First, you own me a better weapon. Then, you mentined earlier that there was something of interest to me as a bard on the twentieth floor. Give me more details before I risk my friends or myself."
    The snake smiles and replies immediately.

"All the riches you'll ever need for the rest of your life and if you pull it off a chance at this music festival of yours"

The snake smiles and replies immediately.

"All the riches you'll ever need for the rest of your life and if you pull it off a chance at this music festival of yours"
    "Well that sounds safe enough for me." Mags says in his usual jovial carefree attitude. "Can you tell me about this wormy thing or the contents of this blue book?"
    He then becomes a little more menacing as his voice lowers into a rumbling whisper and he demands of the snake,
    "And for the third time asking, weapon please."

• Advertisement

"Well that sounds safe enough for me." Mags says in his usual jovial carefree attitude. "Can you tell me about this wormy thing or the contents of this blue book?"
    He then becomes a little more menacing as his voice lowers into a rumbling whisper and he demands of the snake,
    "And for the third time asking, weapon please."
    "No worries..."

He produces a Rapier from seemingly nowhere.

"...will that do? No that gateway...hold on..."

The snake produces a key.

"Here this'll open a door that otherwise you'll have a hard time opening. Though I'm warning you for your own sake, it'll be hard to survive"

He is shocked to see the worm still on Mags's person. The book has reappeared in the pillar field out of Mags's possession.

"What relationship do you have to worm? It shouldn't accept you"

"No worries..."

He produces a Rapier from seemingly nowhere.

"...will that do? No that gateway...hold on..."

The snake produces a key.

"Here this'll open a door that otherwise you'll have a hard time opening. Though I'm warning you for your own sake, it'll be hard to survive"

He is shocked to see the worm still on Mags's person. The book has reappeared in the pillar field out of Mags's possession.

"What relationship do you have to worm? It shouldn't accept you"
    Mags sheaths the rapier.
    "Thank you for that. I seldom use blades but it's good to know that it's there when need it.
    And thanks for the key - and the warning. I think we should gather a larger force and after a bit o'a rest we can see how Vraks new armour works on the 20th floor.

As for Steerpike the wormey thing, perhaps it just like me. I've very personable don't ya know. What relationships does it usually go for? There is a lot of chaos in me though I favour the balance of neutrality, just like the magician of this tower. Perhaps that's the bond? Or perhaps it's that I've recently gotten a bit of demon in me."
    Mags flicks his hands to tentacles and back again for the snake to see.

"Or perhaps it's just a fan? I'm rather renowned in some circles."
    Mags takes Steerpike out of the bag again.
    "Like music? Do you play?"

As for Steerpike the wormey thing, perhaps it just like me. I've very personable don't ya know. What relationships does it usually go for? There is a lot of chaos in me though I favour the balance of neutrality, just like the magician of this tower. Perhaps that's the bond? Or perhaps it's that I've recently gotten a bit of demon in me."
    Mags flicks his hands to tentacles and back again for the snake to see.
    "Could be any of those...though I suspect a connection to Ursula I don't as yet comprehend.

Anyway the wheel is turning. I have my orders and must move on to the next stage..."

He molts his skin and becomes slightly larger.

"...I've to find witch on an island to the North. See you soon or you have seen me from your perspective I guess"

He slithers off.

"Could be any of those...though I suspect a connection to Ursula I don't as yet comprehend.

Anyway the wheel is turning. I have my orders and must move on to the next stage..."

He molts his skin and becomes slightly larger.

"...I've to find witch on an island to the North. See you soon or you have seen me from your perspective I guess"

He slithers off.
    "Bye snake. Come to the festival if you want - and you are not intent on killing everyone there."
    Mags examines the shed snakeskin to see if it might have any value.

"Bye snake. Come to the festival if you want - and you are not intent on killing everyone there."
    Mags examines the shed snakeskin to see if it might have any value.
    Valuable enough to the right buyer, you got make good leather out of it.

OOC: 50GP

• Advertisement

"Right!" Karinth stands. "I'm going to the hall, the sooner I get it over with the better"

He opens the door and heads out.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,993 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Vrakrash tests out his new axe, giving it a few swings and showing Ser Boros.

'What you make of this? Pretty cool, huh? Any pressing issues in the tower yourself, or should we attempt to find the others?'

He turns to his brother.

'What now, Drokash?'

Vrakrash tests out his new axe, giving it a few swings and showing Ser Boros.

'What you make of this? Pretty cool, huh? Any pressing issues in the tower yourself, or should we attempt to find the others?'

He turns to his brother.

'What now, Drokash?'
    Ser Boros feels the force of the air on his cheek as the blade is swung.

"Powerful without a doubt"

Drokrash responds very plainly.

"Now brother you must see if you can leave this tower alive"

'Care to help a brother out then and point me to an exit? The way I came in...'

Vrakrash looks down at his regrown leg and shudders.

'Yeah, I'm not going back that way. Also would you like to come with us? It must get pretty boring up here, especially now there aren't any treasures to guard....'

He gestures to the body of Sora.

'Unless that's the new treasure here.'

'Care to help a brother out then and point me to an exit? The way I came in...'

Vrakrash looks down at his regrown leg and shudders.

'Yeah, I'm not going back that way. Also would you like to come with us? It must get pretty boring up here, especially now there aren't any treasures to guard....'

He gestures to the body of Sora.

'Unless that's the new treasure here.'
    "Her, pfff, no. Simply another Monarch searching for power..." he looks over at Stroupy, who seems to still be gazing at the pillars "...the Judge's grandfather? How did you come by him?"

"Right!" Karinth stands. "I'm going to the hall, the sooner I get it over with the better"

He opens the door and heads out.

Retula follows meekly along, still contemplating her mortality

"Her, pfff, no. Simply another Monarch searching for power..." he looks over at Stroupy, who seems to still be gazing at the pillars "...the Judge's grandfather? How did you come by him?"

'Grand...father....? When I resurrected mother, he also returned.'

Vrakrash shrugs.

'To be honest I thought he was The Judge himself, just didn't know how to tell him.'

Retula and Karinth enter the Hall.

"Ser Boros, Vrakrash, here before us I see. Though I don't understand how and..."

He looks down at Sora.

"...trap or one of you?"

Retula and Karinth enter the Hall.

"Ser Boros, Vrakrash, here before us I see. Though I don't understand how and..."

He looks down at Sora.

"...trap or one of you?"

Retula gasps!
    "It's not about the abs! Any one of us could be next! Poor Hetyaro..."

Vrakrash explains to the others how Sora first trapped him and Ser Boros.

He neglects to mention he resurrected himself in front of the emissary of the Raven Queen, but includes the rest of the details including losing his leg, receiving the Azure potion and it regenerating.

OOC: Hey, what Retula doesn't know won't kill her... or Vrakrash... right? :P

• Advertisement

OOC: Hey, what Retula doesn't know won't kill her... or Vrakrash... right? :P

**I can read your mind, dumbass! Who are you talking to? We're not on stage here. Look, youve bought yourself maybe 3 weeks extra the way you carry on. Even Stroupy over there was only going to last maybe 50, 60 years. The big RQ can wait that long, it's not a big deal. But dragons live for millennia, ain't no one got time for that. **

**You should try an Azure potion, by the way Rettie... have to say, they're pretty damn good**

**I AM THE AZURE POTION! Didn't you read the label?**

Ooc : on that note, I don't think either of us were in the room when it was checked but there was a mention of becoming weak as a kitten afterwards so watch out for the hangover

**Errrr... you mean I drank essence eau Retula? Nice! And I didn't even have to buy you dinner!**

**Excuse me, as Vrakrash's brother we are also linked, could the two of you keep it down?** Drokrash suddenly interjects.

Karinth looks at everybody seeing their facial expressions change without words and keeps looking at Sora, before looking to Ser Boros.

"It was simpler with just Sarric wasn't it"

"Yep" Ser Boros nods.

Retula has a wander around the room to look at the pillars.

She tries summoning Hetyaro again, just in case.

Hetyaro appears and gives Retula a feathery hug.

**Excuse me, as Vrakrash's brother we are also linked, could the two of you keep it down?** Drokrash suddenly interjects.

Karinth looks at everybody seeing their facial expressions change without words and keeps looking at Sora, before looking to Ser Boros.

"It was simpler with just Sarric wasn't it"

"Yep" Ser Boros nods.

Vrakrash looks up.

'Sorry folks. Private heart to heart. It appears I'm a vampire and drank some of Rettie's essence... totally by accident, I can assure you. She shouldn't put it in such a pretty bottle!'

He pauses.

'Anyways, where to next? Where are Iuric and Sarric?'

Ooc : giant size or normal size?

Retula feels a little bit weird, like the hug has gone on a bit too long and her arms have gone numb. She tries to release the bird but she's not there any more. And her hands feel... Wrong. "Uh... te... fwaaaaaark!" She croaks, her beak snapping closed awkwardly. Wait, what beak? What ****ing beak?
    She spreads her wings. Oh this is some grody bull**** right here.

She gives them a few experimental flaps and tries to take off.

• Advertisement

Vrakrash looks up.

'Sorry folks. Private heart to heart. It appears I'm a vampire and drank some of Rettie's essence... totally by accident, I can assure you. She shouldn't put it in such a pretty bottle!'

He pauses.

'Anyways, where to next? Where are Iuric and Sarric?'
    "Sarric bless him is on a quest for ale and Iuric..." Karinth thinks "...I saw him diverge from us, but I don't know why. Inscrutable fellow, I suspect he is a true adventurer though perhaps has cloaked that desire from himself in religious trappings. I am here for something else..."

He presses his hand into the fifth pilar, revealing a small scroll and a jar with a strange organ in it, black with green nodules.

"...now Retula, would you be so kind?"

Advertisement