Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

D&D II Act Two Scene I - The Tower

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,558 ✭✭✭✭Fourier

Banjo wrote: »
    Ooc : giant size or normal size?
    OOC: Giant ripped Hetyaro

Hetyaro lets go of the hug.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,993 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

'Karinth.... what are you doing....?'

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

"Kakraaaw!"

Necrominus wrote: »
    'Karinth.... what are you doing....?'
    "Completion of my design, the last component of my being the council intended me to have. They couldn't manufacture one themselves, that kind of vivimantic skill is long lost. Ursula probably took the organ to reverse engineer the understanding"

Retula totters over, clearing some space with a flutter of her wings, then turns her head sideways and eyeballs the jar, examining the organ.

Ooc : any insight available based on arcane, vivimanual ,1800 years of existing or dare I say my slightly closer bond with TRQ?

• Advertisement

"Kakraaaw!"
    Hetyaro joins her in flying about the place.

"Pretty cool huh?" he says in Raven speech.

Karinth looks up.

"Retula is really a bird?"

Ser Boros shrugs.

"Who knows. Vrakrash is half dwarven divinity, Mags is Orc-Human-Octopus. Once again, Iuric is semi-divine, at least Sarric is just an elf"

Ooc : to be clear, at l6 I can merge with the raven. I keep forgetting that I only need to remember about 5% of one class and one subrace and assume everyone knows - sorry

Retula totters over, clearing some space with a flutter of her wings, then turns her head sideways and eyeballs the jar, examining the organ.

Ooc : any insight available based on arcane, vivimanual ,1800 years of existing or dare I say my slightly closer bond with TRQ?
    Retula looks at the organ. Even with her knowledge of Vivimancy, she can't tell exactly what it is, only that it is expertly crafted, the detail in the organ is far beyond any natural one, designed down to cellular level, from a new type of cell.

The Raven Queen intimates she knows the answer, but wishes to alter the pact in return for it.

Fourier wrote: »
    Retula looks at the organ. Even with her knowledge of Vivimancy, she can't tell exactly what it is, only that it is expertly crafted, the detail in the organ is far beyond any natural one, designed down to cellular level, from a new type of cell.

The Raven Queen intimates she knows the answer, but wishes to alter the pact in return for it.

**Ma'am, it doesn't matter what it is, it only matters if you want it or don't want him to have it. I have nothing left to trade you.

**** off Dragonborn, this is private**

**I ALLOW IT**

The Queen does not so much say the words as Retula suddenly remembers having heard them. It leaves her with a strong headache.

• Advertisement

'Did someone say ale? I'm on my way! Ser Boros, Drokrash - coming with for a sing song?'

**Gotcha, Rettie - gonna take my bro here too so he doesn't butt in. I don't wanna speak to she who wished my mother dead anyways**

Vrakrash heads for the door Karinth and Retula entered through.

She slumps out of the raven, struggling to stand on her flabby legs with their tiny toes. She grabs the organ, winks at Karinth and says "keep me alive, when I get what *she* wants, you get what you want

what does it do anyway?"

She slumps out of the raven, struggling to stand on her flabby legs with their tiny toes. She grabs the organ, winks at Karinth and says "keep me alive, when I get what *she* wants, you get what you want

what does it do anyway?"
    "Many things, though the one the council is most interested in is the ability to shut off vivimantic powers at will.

The organ was designed for a more powerful being than I, a humanoid form cannot perform some of its abilities at will, but with rest and time I can prepare them. Almost like a wizard's spells in a sense"

He lifts his hair.

"It needs to be implanted at the base of the spine"

Retula puts it on her bag.
    "Like I said, when I get what I want you get what you want, and until then you may call me Ma'am. Now, you reckon there's something in one of these for.me?" She begins inspecting pillars again

Retula puts it on her bag.
    "Like I said, when I get what I want you get what you want, and until then you may call me Ma'am. Now, you reckon there's something in one of these for.me?" She begins inspecting pillars again
    "Seems fair. I only know the contents of three of them and none would suit you. I promise to keep you alive until you find something worthwhile or we exit the tower. Then will you implant the organ?"

'Did someone say ale? I'm on my way! Ser Boros, Drokrash - coming with for a sing song?'

**Gotcha, Rettie - gonna take my bro here too so he doesn't butt in. I don't wanna speak to she who wished my mother dead anyways**

Vrakrash heads for the door Karinth and Retula entered through.
    Drokrash begins speaking to Vrakrash.

"The closest way out of the tower lies on the 19th floor. Do not venture there brother. Remain and live out your days with me on the 10th"

"Seems fair. I only know the contents of three of them and none would suit you. I promise to keep you alive until you find something worthwhile or we exit the tower. Then will you implant the organ?"

"You make it sound so romantic. Between you and Vrakrash lately, I feel like a water bowl at a dog pound. I'm supposed to find something. A boy was it? I'll know it when I see it. So we find it and leave, I'll jam this organ in you so hard your neck will be like bubble gum, deal?"

Ok, if the pillars aren't calling, on we go

Drokrash begins speaking to Vrakrash.

"The closest way out of the tower lies on the 19th floor. Do not venture there brother. Remain and live out your days with me on the 10th"

'In a tavern, right? It's not me brother. I have to try. I wish for... him... to feel this axe split him in two. You should come with me, but I understand if you do not wish to.'

'In a tavern, right? It's not me brother. I have to try. I wish for... him... to feel this axe split him in two. You should come with me, but I understand if you do not wish to.'
    "I will as I was meant to..."

Retula and Karinth catch up.

"...I will tell you what I know of the tower.

The levels above us, seven to nine are storehouses for the tower. Be that store houses of water, food, monsters or people. All to fuel the experiments on the higher levels. I and the rest of the staff live on the 10th, which is a town of sorts. The experiments begin on the 11th and end on 19th. I know not what lies on the 20th and beyond"

"stores of people.... Living people?

Are they well defended? I mean looked after?

And do we have to walk the whole way up to 10?"

• Advertisement

"stores of people.... Living people?

Are they well defended? I mean looked after?

And do we have to walk the whole way up to 10?"
    "They're well guarded, it's a prison of sorts. A good portion are adventurers like yourselves, taken by the less lethal traps.

And yes we do..."

He guides them into the forum hall with the skeletons sitting in the pews, kneels and casts a spell. A set of stairs appear.

"...there we are, onto the 7th, though we shall not remain there long, simply pass straight on to the 9th as quick as possible"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,404 ✭✭✭✭sKeith

Sarric leaves the pool area thru the same door Karinth did.

sKeith wrote: »
    Sarric leaves the pool area thru the same door Karinth did.
    He quickly spots the others ascending the set of stairs.

The Sarrics skuttles after the others.

Evade wrote: »
    Iuric descends the stairs "This seems like a step backwards on my journey to the top"
    Within the dolmen is a room with a single rune etched on a large piece of stone.

Above it are images of a lake of souls whirling around painted with ochre.

sKeith wrote: »
    The Sarric's skuttles after the others.
    As they reach the top of the stairs, the group see a vast corridor stretched out before them lined with hundreds of cells. At several points other corridors intersect it, also containing prison cells.

"Over eight thousand people are kept here, until needed" Drokrash explains.

"Stairs to the eighth are past the cells. Don't get to close to bars, never know what kind of prisoner is inside"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,800 ✭✭✭Evade

Iuric examines the rune stone, including touching it.

Evade wrote: »
    Iuric examines the rune stone, including touching it.
    Upon touching it, it suddenly glows a deep red.

Nothing else seems to happen.

Sarric heeds the words of the speaker and stay clear of any cell bars. "Who are you?"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,800 ✭✭✭Evade

Upon touching it, it suddenly glows a deep red.

Nothing else seems to happen.
    "Odd" Iuric has a look around the rest of the room and if ther's nothing out of the ordinary swims to the nearest island,

Advertisement