Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

D&D II Act Two Scene I - The Tower

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,558 ✭✭✭✭Fourier

sKeith wrote: »
    Sarric heeds the words of the speaker and stay clear of any cell bars. "Who are you?"
    "Vrakrash's brother. I've worked here for three centuries..." as they walk a voice suddenly cries out from a cell behind them, down one of the turns.

"SARRIC?!"

Evade wrote: »
    "Odd" Iuric has a look around the rest of the room and if ther's nothing out of the ordinary swims to the nearest island,
    Treading the water again, he enters the next Dolmen and finds a similar rune.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,800 ✭✭✭Evade

Fourier wrote: »
    Treading the water again, he enters the next Dolmen and finds a similar rune.
    Iuric touches the rune and has a look around the room.

Iuric touches the rune and has a look around the room.
    This one lights up green. Within the room there is an identical ochre drawing, but also a chest padlocked.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,404 ✭✭✭✭sKeith

"Vrakrash's brother. I've worked here for three centuries..." as they walk a voice suddenly cries out from a cell behind them, down one of the turns.

"SARRIC?!"

Sarric stops and remaining clear from the cell bars, investigates the source of the call. "Hello, I am Sarric...."

• Advertisement

This one lights up green. Within the room there is an identical ochre drawing, but also a chest padlocked.
    "First red, now green. If there is some meaning I cannot discern it yet." On seeing the chest Iuric pulls out his crowbar and tries to prise the padlock.

Sarric stops and remaining clear from the cell bars, investigates the source of the call. "Hello, I am Sarric...."
    "Sarric, it's I Danjin"

Sarric recalls Danjin as a young boy being one of the next generation that entered the monastery several decades after he had joined. His master Kolm never figured him for great potential, it being possible he never would sense or feel Ki (OOC: This is the in world version of going from Level 0 to a Level 1 Monk)

"Hi Danjin, what are you doing here, do you work here?"

"First red, now green. If there is some meaning I cannot discern it yet." On seeing the chest Iuric pulls out his crowbar and tries to prise the padlock.
    The padlock comes free, within is a note.

"This is Salmar Costwin. I have been sent by the governor of Noroth to the East to investigate this tower and retrieve our queen's soul. It seems Ursula has a private afterlife on the upper levels.

Reaching them directly is too dangerous due to the intervening levels, however these Dolmens provide some bypass I do not understand.

I am mortally wounded, the lake creature is not something to be faced, I lost twelve good men to it. I do not know if the tower staff will come to heal me and put me in that prison on the floor below or if I will die and enter that afterlife on the floors above.

If I do, please find our queen and myself. The kingdom will reward you beyond measure"

"Hi Danjin, what are you doing here, do you work here?"
    "I learned the arts Sarric, I finally sensed Ki and foolishly headed out to live a life of exploration. My group were mostly killed here and I was taken should a 'moderate monk', as they told me, be needed for experiments above.

I have been here four years"

He whispers.

"Could you loosen the bars?"

• Advertisement

"YO GOLDIES BROTHER, WHAT IS YOUR JOB HERE, CAN YOU FREE MY COMPADRIATE FROM BEHIND THESE BARS, I SHALL BE RESPONSEABLE FOR HIM."

The padlock comes free, within is a note.

"This is Salmar Costwin. I have been sent by the governor of Noroth to the East to investigate this tower and retrieve our queen's soul. It seems Ursula has a private afterlife on the upper levels.

Reaching them directly is too dangerous due to the intervening levels, however these Dolmens provide some bypass I do not understand.

I am mortally wounded, the lake creature is not something to be faced, I lost twelve good men to it. I do not know if the tower staff will come to heal me and put me in that prison on the floor below or if I will die and enter that afterlife on the floors above.

If I do, please find our queen and myself. The kingdom will reward you beyond measure"
    "A Queen in need of rescue, I wonder if she's blonde" Iuric packs away the note and his crowbar and swims on to the next island.

"YO GOLDIES BROTHER, WHAT IS YOUR JOB HERE, CAN YOU FREE MY COMPADRIATE FROM BEHIND THESE BARS, I SHALL BE RESPONSEABLE FOR HIM."
    "I can, I have the spell. However I'd only do so when ordered. Otherwise I'd be in serious trouble"

"A Queen in need of rescue, I wonder if she's blonde" Iuric packs away the note and his crowbar and swims on to the next island.
    The next dolmen is identical, but contains the corpse of a gnome missing his legs and a rusted sword.

"Thats fine... 'I order you to open this cell.' there, how was that, would you like me to say it louder and with more authtority?"

Iuric touches the rune and tries to estimate how long the gnome has been dead for.

Iuric touches the rune and tries to estimate how long the gnome has been dead for.
    The rune glows purple.

OOC: Wisdom(Medicine) check

"Thats fine... 'I order you to open this cell.' there, how was that, would you like me to say it louder and with more authtority?"
    "Very authoritative" he says frowning and walks on.

"Sarrics, bring him back here, we are not finished." "Danjin, why are you locked in here, whats your crime?"

The rune glows purple.

OOC: Wisdom(Medicine) check
    OOC: 20

• Advertisement

OOC: 20
    The skeleton has been here for about two centuries judging by the wear on the bone. It's also a little bigger than any gnome Iuric has seen.

The skeleton has been here for about two centuries judging by the wear on the bone. It's also a little bigger than any gnome Iuric has seen.
    "Hmm, about 200 years, would there even be a kingdom to return this princess to? There's but one way to find out." Iuric heads to the next island.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,637 ✭✭✭✭OldGoat

Mags wanders around with the gang pestering everyone with questions about the wormy thing he has and trying out his new sword to see if it has any properties he's unaware off.
    Mostly he sits on the staircase resting and eating and occasionally talking to Steerpike.

I'm older than Minecraft goats.

OldGoat wrote: »
    Mags wanders around with the gang pestering everyone with questions about the wormy thing he has and trying out his new sword to see if it has any properties he's unaware off.
    Mostly he sits on the staircase resting and eating and occasionally talking to Steerpike.
    The closest Mags gets to an answer is from Drokrash who says it is the infant form of some powerful beast, but knows no more.

Even before the column completely opens Mags gets a sense of something wonderful.

Floating within the shielding energies is a single sheet from the symphony of creation. The fundamental song of this plane.

Mags looks at Steerpike in it's sphere and wonders how it gets food. Setting the imponderable aside he takes out the new sheet of music and start to study it, noodling with JoePaz, framing it in his head, arranging it's harmonies, learning what it is.

OOC: As I now have a magical sphere with an entity in it, as a bard I'd like for this to be a Jigglypuff, the BEST of all the pokemon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

Munching on a ration, Retula offers to try and Identify the properties of the sword. Provided that is that after, Mags will play something mournful to put the prisoners in a depressed, hopeless kind of mood so she can offer them the opportunity to escape this miserable existence for a brief few decades adventuring as a bound spirit followed by an eternity in paradise.....

Banjo wrote: »
    Munching on a ration, Retula offers to try and Identify the properties of the sword. Provided that is that after, Mags will play something mournful to put the prisoners in a depressed, hopeless kind of mood so she can offer them the opportunity to escape this miserable existence for a brief few decades adventuring as a bound spirit followed by an eternity in paradise.....
    Mags willingly warms up JoePaz with a selection of ballads (the mournful one not the comedy ones) of the legendary Leonarrd Kohann

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

"I see you are familiar with the works of Kohann the Bardbarian! I always liked that one, how does it go - uh... Ahem!
    'What is best in life? To crush your enemies,
    What is best in life? Hear their woman wail,
    What is best in life? See them driven before you,
    but ultimately every humanoid endeavour's doomed to fail
    ooooooooh what is best in life.*'

Aaaanyway, hand me the rapier."

She sits down, paws through her tome, fishes her pearl out of her backpack and begins the ritual to get to the bottom of any of the Rapier's secrets.

(OOC : *To the tune of Everybody Knows, naturally, but skipping about 4 bars of the verse.)

"Sarrics, bring him back here, we are not finished." "Danjin, why are you locked in here, whats your crime?"
    "No crime Sarric I insist! I simply explored the tower as many others have, then fell victim to a foul spell guarding one of the rooms. When I awoke I was here"

Drokrash sees the Sarrics coming and knocks them back with a spell, they hit the prison walls, but are only a bit dazed.

• Advertisement

"Hmm, about 200 years, would there even be a kingdom to return this princess to? There's but one way to find out." Iuric heads to the next island.
    Walking the entrance of the next dolmen Iuric notices a red skinned being with no eyes and a horned frill on its skull inside dragging an axe the size of Iruic himself.

Advertisement