Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

D&D II Act Two Scene I - The Tower

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,558 ✭✭✭✭Fourier

The Dumb Sarric agrees right away.

"Right away Sir!"

He runs toward the fountain, where upon a figure emerges to stand at one of the fortress's windows. She is bald with some sort of crown on her head.

Dumb Sarric gets about a quarter of the way to the fountain where upon he is nearly hit by a bolt. He hops out of the way and keeps running. At about halfway there he is not so lucky as another bolt hits him. The flash produced is near blinding, even at this distance.

When it clears there is simply a skeleton where Dumb Sarric once was.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,800 ✭✭✭Evade

Fourier wrote: »
    Iuric finds the odd twig and some bushes, enough to make a sizeable fire should he wish.
    OOC: Time for another overly elaborate plan involving fire that almost certainly has a simpler solution.

First Iuric tries to summon a Celestial Warhorse by casting find steed, hoping he's not too out of favour with all the celestials. Then he ties his rope around the stone and the horse and has him drag the stone out of the water.

Next Iuric digs a pit about twice the size of the stone in every dimension near where the stone is now and from the pit digs a channel towards the water leaving it just short of water entering it and flooding the pit.

Then Iuric gathers up enough flammable material to fill the pit, builds a fire filling about half the depth, and lights it. Once the fire is in full blaze he has the horse has the horse pull the stone into the fire. Iuric tends the fire until he thinks the stone is as hot as it can get and at that time he quickly finishes the channel so water rushes into the fire pit and hopefully rapidly cooling and shattering the stone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,637 ✭✭✭✭OldGoat

Banjo wrote: »
    "Ok, done. Hold on to your little orc socks, Mags, you won't believe what I'm about to say..."
    "Dammit, it's a dud right? My negotiating skills are as dull as the edge of this blade."
    Mags takes out his notebook and strikesthrough the snake on the list of greenroom VIP's.
    After watching Rets deftly dismiss the worm he whispers to Steerpike,
    "Hope that wasn't your ma."
    Mags goes after Retula to 'help' interrogate the prisoners in the cells.

I'm older than Minecraft goats.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

Looking over her shoulder, Retula cautions
    "Keep an ear out - I don't think that Dragonborn means us any harm but if he's turned invisible he might try to clock one of us."

With Hetyaro on watch duty (psychic warning to Retula if the worms try any further ****, a loud "ka-kaaw" and if necessary body-block on Mags if he's following) she addresses the cells.

"Listen up, Jailbirdarinos! I.... am Death. No, no I'm not here to open your cells and let you loose, what kind of guest would I be if I go messing up my host's cupboards? Now, most of you are probably not due to meet me for a while, I haven't checked my diary, but meet indeed we will, eventually. After you've spent a few decades rotting in that cell and a few more being experimented on upstairs, and who knows, maybe a few more after that running around trying to drown hapless adventurers in your slobbering drool which is also acid or some kind of crazy eye-watering organic micro-frog spawn **** that'll swim up their peepee hole and eat them from from the inside.

But why wait? Why sit there, miserable, while a minotaur watches you **** in a bucket for the rest of your life? (you do have a bucket dontcha? You don't???) Take your destiny in your own hands - Check out now! I'm offering you priority boarding for the Ever-After here. Come over to the bars and offer your throat, I can promise you a swift end and then an eternity in any one of 157 afterlives depending on your preferences and peccadilloes. Not only that! If you're a twisted piece of **** who doesn't want to be dead alone, I can hunt down your friends and family and bring them to join you! Parties every night, kite flying trips to the beach every day.

All I ask in return is no more than about 5 years in my service doing awesome **** and taking all your frustrations out on others. And that you let me kill you, but like, you're already dead, right? What say you? What do you want to be doing first thing tomorrow morning? Staring out these bars waiting to die, or be the blade that carves open the guts of those that keep you here?"

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,993 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

As he turns, Retula's eldritch bolt hits him. Though he is undamaged, he quickly grabs Vrakrash and he and his brother vanish from sight.

'Wha - Rettie - what are you...'

Vrakrash looks around at his brother and tries to gauge where they are.

'Why would Rettie attack you, brother?'

• Advertisement

OldGoat wrote: »
    "Dammit, it's a dud right? My negotiating skills are as dull as the edge of this blade."
    Mags takes out his notebook and strikesthrough the snake on the list of greenroom VIP's.
    After watching Rets deftly dismiss the worm he whispers to Steerpike,
    "Hope that wasn't your ma."
    Mags goes after Retula to 'help' interrogate the prisoners in the cells.
    The prisoners seem hesitant, though some clearly tempted by Retula's offer.

Mags spots four in particular who've crawled near their bars to get a closer look at the voice offering some kind of freedom.

**Where did you go to, my scaley chum? Tell your bro to stop beating up the Sarrics! Those boys don't know any better**

(In contacting Vrakrash, Retula tries to gauge whether or not he's still in the room and hidden rather than teleported to another floor based on response latency, echoes, or him thinking "Holy crap, I'm invisible!")

Necrominus wrote: »
    'Wha - Rettie - what are you...'

Vrakrash looks around at his brother and tries to gauge where they are.

'Why would Rettie attack you, brother?'
    Looking around Vrakrash sees the room they were in, but everything wispy and blackened.

"I do not know, though I suspect merely as a cautionary warning for attacking those elves. Perhaps she was right and I was over zealous with them, so I shifted us here instead of attacking"

Evade wrote: »
    Then Iuric gathers up enough flammable material to fill the pit, builds a fire filling about half the depth, and lights it. Once the fire is in full blaze he has the horse has the horse pull the stone into the fire. Iuric tends the fire until he thinks the stone is as hot as it can get and at that time he quickly finishes the channel so water rushes into the fire pit and hopefully rapidly cooling and shattering the stone.
    The stone shatters just as Iuric had hoped. When it does so a small amount of magical energy is released, slightly rumbling the earth of the island, but nothing too severe.

Standing back from the bars, Retula asks
    "ok, you four. I know what I can do for you but what can you do for me?"

• Advertisement

Standing back from the bars, Retula asks
    "ok, you four. I know what I can do for you but what can you do for me?"
    "I was but a lowly warrior miss, but I yearn to be free" one responds.

The others do not answer.

"I have no use for a warrior. Or the weak, easily subdued silent type. Ah well. I guess I'll see you all on the top floor eventually.

Hey worms! Any of you fancy swapping head nibbling for catching fireballs with your teeth? No? Ok, never mind."

Retula jogs after Sarric

"I have no use for a warrior. Or the weak, easily subdued silent type. Ah well. I guess I'll see you all on the top floor eventually.

Hey worms! Any of you fancy swapping head nibbling for catching fireballs with your teeth? No? Ok, never mind."

Retula jogs after Sarric
    She soon finds herself at the courtyard with hundreds of skeletons.

She sends her shadow to keep an eye on the Sarrics.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,404 ✭✭✭✭sKeith

"Some bald woman over there in that fortress over there spots people moving through this courtyard and blasts them with some magic incenerator flash spell. I think we need to blind her vision of this courtyard in order to get across it. I was thinking some big illusion field or smoke from a big fire, any thoughts."

sKeith wrote: »
    "Some bald woman over there in that fortress over there spots people moving through this courtyard and blasts them with some magic incenerator flash spell. I think we need to blind her vision of this courtyard in order to get across it. I was thinking some big illusion field or smoke from a big fire, any thoughts."

"Better not be another me. I'm such a bitch. We don't stand a chance. Hmmm. I can make it dark, so she can't see us, but then we can't see either. And the suspicious black sphere creeping across the courtyard might be a bit of a giveaway. Hmmm. Oh wait, I have and idea!"

She runs back towards the cells. "Hey simple warrior! Good news!" And hits him with both barrels. If he dies, bind him as sight beyond sight, for seeing through magical darkness. If he doesn't... Legger!

Ooc sorry, missed dumb Sarric's fate earlier

"Better not be another me. I'm such a bitch. We don't stand a chance. Hmmm. I can make it dark, so she can't see us, but then we can't see either. And the suspicious black sphere creeping across the courtyard might be a bit of a giveaway. Hmmm. Oh wait, I have and idea!"

She runs back towards the cells. "Hey simple warrior! Good news!" And hits him with both barrels. If he dies, bind him as sight beyond sight, for seeing through magical darkness. If he doesn't... Legged!
    When Retula arrives, the warrior is gone from his cell.

"....and I'm back. Never mind." Retula laughs jogging up and reattaching her shadow.
    "Ok, new plan. I'm going to make myself invisible and fly across there really fast. And it was great meeting you, I wish you all the best in your future endeavours. "

Ooc : How big is the window.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,404 ✭✭✭✭sKeith

"Can you make a signal of a troop of elephants roaring to say its safe to cross the courtyard."

"....and I'm back. Never mind." Retula laughs jogging up and reattaching her shadow.
    "Ok, new plan. I'm going to make myself invisible and fly across there really fast. And it was great meeting you, I wish you all the best in your future endeavours. "

Ooc : How big is the window.
    Looking at the window from a distance Retula estimates it is twice the height of an elf.

• Advertisement

sKeith wrote: »
    "Can you make a signal of a troop of elephants roaring to say its safe to cross the courtyard."

"Safe? Why would it be safe? Dude, I'm not playing the hero, I'm abandoning you!"

Invisibility on self and merge / invisibility on raven and merge. Think it has to be the latter RAW. Then fly for the window. If she appears, she clearly knows I'm there so Darkness on her face. If not, through the window, unmerge and while she's wondering where the giant bird came from zap her and get that yoke off her head. (If bird is invisible and retula not, sub Peck for Blast.

Edit : if it's not too late, give Sarric the fast shoes first

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,800 ✭✭✭Evade

The stone shatters just as Iuric had hoped. When it does so a small amount of magical energy is released, slightly rumbling the earth of the island, but nothing too severe.
    Iuric gathers up the bigger shards and tried to make stepping stones through the acid slime down to the runestone.

"Safe? Why would it be safe? Dude, I'm not playing the hero, I'm abandoning you!"

Invisibility on self and merge / invisibility on raven and merge. Think it has to be the latter RAW. Then fly for the window. If she appears, she clearly knows I'm there so Darkness on her face. If not, through the window, unmerge and while she's wondering where the giant bird came from zap her and get that yoke off her head. (If bird is invisible and retula not, sub Peck for Blast.

Edit : if it's not too late, give Sarric the fast shoes first
    Retula manages to get half way across the courtyard when the figure in the window suddenly looks in her direction and begins to cast the bolt, however Retulas darkness engulfs her face, which is swallowed in a blackened sphere.

She flails about desperately firing the bolts randomly about her. However she doesn't realise to cast a counterspell until Retula lands in the room.

The Eldritch blast knocks her into the wall and Retula takes the crown from her head.

She opens her eyes slowly.

"Retula? How?"

Looking around Vrakrash sees the room they were in, but everything wispy and blackened.

"I do not know, though I suspect merely as a cautionary warning for attacking those elves. Perhaps she was right and I was over zealous with them, so I shifted us here instead of attacking"

'It matters not, I'm beginning to think that retiring and joining you on level 10 might be a smarter option. Too much wilful aggression in the ranks, as you can see. If Flagg wants to find me, he can bloody well look for me - I'm not going rushing into battle with him.'

He shrugs.

'Take us back, and let us go and live a normal life. This adventuring malarkey gets tiresome after a while.'

'It matters not, I'm beginning to think that retiring and joining you on level 10 might be a smarter option. Too much wilful aggression in the ranks, as you can see. If Flagg wants to find me, he can bloody well look for me - I'm not going rushing into battle with him.'

He shrugs.

'Take us back, and let us go and live a normal life. This adventuring malarkey gets tiresome after a while.'
    "And here was I thinking that after father's axe was in your possession. I have had visions of Flagg brother...I know the upper floors have something to do with him. He's not there, but somehow related to finding him, but...like you I am tired and would like to just live out my days.

Perhaps best we leave that slaver and his pursuit of us behind. Most likely he will never brave the tower"

"And here was I thinking that after father's axe was in your possession. I have had visions of Flagg brother...I know the upper floors have something to do with him. He's not there, but somehow related to finding him, but...like you I am tired and would like to just live out my days.

Perhaps best we leave that slaver and his pursuit of us behind. Most likely he will never brave the tower"

Vrakrash's expression darkens.

'Perhaps... but if there is a way to find him, to end him - we should take it. Then we can rest easy. Let us continue, for now at least.'

She opens her eyes slowly.

"Retula? How?"

"Well, how can I put this? When daddy elf and mommy elf have no impulse control or sense of social responsibility they - oh wait, I see what you mean. Do over? Do over!

Ahem"

She mimics 'Retula? How?' in falsetto.

"The question isn't how.... but When!"

She raises where her eyebrow used to be.

"This is how it always begins. And how it ends. I mean everyone seems to know who I am, they must have told you something... oh, did they leave the violent bits out of the orientation pack? So like Ursula, always wants to keep the secrets for herself. Now, go to sleep."

Assuming this baldy lady is not clearly a Retula, and if possible, a Thorn Whip to her head to drag her eyeball towards a waiting dagger.

If it's another Retula, Hetyaro to clock her on the back of the head with the blunt of his beak.

Vrakrash's expression darkens.

'Perhaps... but if there is a way to find him, to end him - we should take it. Then we can rest easy. Let us continue, for now at least.'
    "Then we'll need the others..."

Drokrash shifts them back to the same plane of the tower as the others are in.

"Look brother, they seek to cross the courtyard"

Assuming this baldy lady is not clearly a Retula, and if possible, a Thorn Whip to her head to drag her eyeball towards a waiting dagger.
    The thorn whip grabs her by the feet and flings her toward the dagger.

"It's yours...." she begins.

The dagger drives its way into her skull, killing her stone dead almost immediately.

• Advertisement

"Then we'll need the others..."

Drokrash shifts them back to the same plane of the tower as the others are in.

"Look brother, they seek to cross the courtyard"

Vrakrash sighs.

**See Rettie, this is where mother would have come in handy. A quick wing flap and we'd all be across here in a jiffy. But never mind.**

'Sarric, you don't happen to have your flying contraption handy, no?'

Advertisement