Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

D&D II Act Two Scene I - The Tower

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,800 ✭✭✭Evade

Fourier wrote: »
    Once more the rune glows, this time yellow.

Iuric feels a presence watching him, though looking around nobody is there.
    "Yellow, as I thought. But what are would rainbow coloured runes doing underground?" Iuric makes his way back to the surface and stops at his new horse. "You can swim, can you not? We're off to the next island... You'll need a name, Scinfaxi would suit." Iuric starts towards the next island.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,993 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Drokrash deactivates the traps as he ascends.

"I haven't gone up this way in eight years, but the training remains"

He guides Vrakrash along the fortresses upper levels. The walls are a cold stone, with the corpses of young women impaled through the eye lining them. Several doors are open, bedrooms, from which the scent of lavender escapes. From brief glances Vrakrash can see that the women who lived here had a strict training regime.

Even more strangely, some rooms contain images of the party. Sometimes Vrakrash is present, sometimes not. Sometimes Therai, sometimes not. Iuric is rare enough. Wade and Jeremy are both present in the odd image.

However there is always Retula, but never Sarric or Karinth.

'Weird, huh Drokrash. Why is it do you think that Sarric or Karinth are never present... and Retula always is....?'

He glances up to see can he see Retula at the top yet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,558 ✭✭✭✭Fourier

sKeith wrote: »
    Sarric quickly searches some skeletons on his way to the dried up fountain. Once arriveing at the fountain he will check it for traps then get in the fountain. He'll search for exits from the fountain and if none are found, he'll then head onwards towards the fortress, at catch up pace.
    Searching the bodies Sarric finds many are Vrakrash and other party members, though most are not. On one of the Vrakrashs he finds a magically sealed notebook.

Approaching the fountain, after he climbs in he finds a hidden lever.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

Retula hears a conversation coming from the stairs behind her and sees Vrakrash approach with his brother.

Out the windows she can see Karinth and Ser Boros have reached the fortress.

Shouting over her shoulder - "You guys took long enough. Wait here!" - she dives out the window, merges with Hetyaro and flies down to Karinth. Decoupling, she asks that Ser Boros get into Karinth's "pocket", then re-merges and lifts Karinth up to the window.

OOC : Hetyaro was able to carry both her and Mags at the same time so should be within her capability

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,404 ✭✭✭✭sKeith

Searching the bodies Sarric finds many are Vrakrash and other party members, though most are not. On one of the Vrakrashs he finds a magically sealed notebook.

Approaching the fountain, after he climbs in he finds a hidden lever.

Sarric takes the notebook.

Sarric pulls the lever.

• Advertisement

Evade wrote: »
    "Yellow, as I thought. But what are would rainbow coloured runes doing underground?" Iuric makes his way back to the surface and stops at his new horse. "You can swim, can you not? We're off to the next island... You'll need a name, Scinfaxi would suit." Iuric starts towards the next island.
    The horse threads the waters, though as a summoned being it seems the beast beneath has no interest in it, though Iuric can see its shadowy form moving searching for the summoner.

They reach they next island after ten minutes or so.

The island itself is larger than the others, the dolmen lies on top of a hill, rising from the beach they climb out onto.

Necrominus wrote: »
    'Weird, huh Drokrash. Why is it do you think that Sarric or Karinth are never present... and Retula always is....?'

He glances up to see can he see Retula at the top yet.
    "I am not sure. The sisters of repulsion, the group here, were trained to fight her. Though their numbers have dwindled over the centuries"

Vrakrash spots Retula as they turn the corner.

Behind her a set of stairs going up.

"I am not sure. The sisters of repulsion, the group here, were trained to fight her. Though their numbers have dwindled over the centuries"

Vrakrash spots Retula as they turn the corner.

Behind her a set of stairs going up.

Vrakrash turns to his brother.

'You seem to be a dab hand at disarming these...traps. Care to lead, lest any harm befall me before we face our destiny?'

Sarric takes the notebook.

Sarric pulls the lever.
    Sarric hears a ominous clicking sound.

Then the courtyard begins to rumble...

Vrakrash turns to his brother.

'You seem to be a dab hand at disarming these...traps. Care to lead, lest any harm befall me before we face our destiny?'
    "I think that would be..."

The walls of the fortress shake.

"...brother, I love you"

Drokrash leaps from the window...

• Advertisement

Banjo wrote: »
    Shouting over her shoulder - "You guys took long enough. Wait here!" - she dives out the window, merges with Hetyaro and flies down to Karinth. Decoupling, she asks that Ser Boros get into Karinth's "pocket", then re-merges and lifts Karinth up to the window.

OOC : Hetyaro was able to carry both her and Mags at the same time so should be within her capability
    Karinth and Ser Boros look around as the fortress trembles.

"I would say Sarric, your bet Ser Boros?"

"I would also say Sarric"

Sarric sees the ground erupt upward in front of him as the queen of the worm infestation rises from her underground lair.

The shriek pierces the air.

II0owv.jpg

Vrakrash's brother races up behind Sarric.

"Elf, get to the others, I shall hold the beast at bay, make it to the 8th floor, you must!"

Karinth turns to Retula.

"That's a Remorhaz, it'll rip us to shreds. You must implant the organ now! Nobody has the strength to hold that thing off!"

Sarric sees the ground erupt upward in front of him as the queen of the worm infestation rises from her underground lair.

"Elf, get to the others, I shall hold the beast at bay, make it to the 8th floor, you must!"

Vrakrash looks out the window and calls to Drokrash.

'No, you must come with me brother! Karinth, Ser Boros - we should slay this demon!'

Vrakrash looks out the window and calls to Drokrash.

'No, you must come with me brother! Karinth, Ser Boros - we should slay this demon!'
    Karinth turns.

"It seems all of this happens again and again. Did you notice the bones outside Dragon. I did, many are yours.

But I feel this is the crucial flip of the coin..."

He kneels.

"...Retula, please...only you can do it. I will do whatever you wish"

Karinth turns to Retula.

"That's a Remorhaz, it'll rip us to shreds. You must implant the organ now! Nobody has the strength to hold that thing off!"

"Ah you're backed up, what do you care? Last call before I fly away home...."

II0owv.jpg

Sarric pulls the lever again.

Sarric pulls the lever again.
    Nothing happens.

"Ah you're backed up, what do you care? Last call before I fly away home...."
    "I'm not! Those entities are bodies used to construct me. The council was given them. It takes decades of growth to turn one of them into me"

Karinth is becoming desperate.

"Ser Boros...should this get worse..."

He hands him something.

Karinth turns.

"It seems all of this happens again and again. Did you notice the bones outside Dragon. I did, many are yours.

But I feel this is the crucial flip of the coin..."

He kneels.

"...Retula, please...only you can do it. I will do whatever you wish"

'Again... and again... as if some sort of time loop...'

Vrakrash sighs.

'Ok. Drokrash told me where the ladder to the 8th floor is. I'm going to make it there, and hopefully stop this madness once and for all.

Farewell brother... and thank you.'

Vrakrash races off up the stairs, checking for traps as he goes.

• Advertisement

Back near the prison cells Mags and Stroupy see the beast rise up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,800 ✭✭✭Evade

The horse threads the waters, though as a summoned being it seems the beast beneath has no interest in it, though Iuric can see its shadowy form moving searching for the summoner.

They reach they next island after ten minutes or so.

The island itself is larger than the others, the dolmen lies on top of a hill, rising from the beach they climb out onto.
    "Keep watch here Scinfaxi, I should be but a moment" Iuric enters the dolmen in search of another runestone.

'Again... and again... as if some sort of time loop...'

Vrakrash sighs.

'Ok. Drokrash told me where the ladder to the 8th floor is. I'm going to make it there, and hopefully stop this madness once and for all.

Farewell brother... and thank you.'

Vrakrash races off up the stairs, checking for traps as he goes.
    Vrakrash enters a room with a young bald woman speaking to a figure in long blue robe wearing a white mask with a Raven on one side and a dragon on the other.

The ladder lies behind her.

OOC: Wait and listen or rush on?

Evade wrote: »
    "Keep watch here Scinfaxi, I should be but a moment" Iuric enters the dolmen in search of another runestone.
    Iuric's heart skips a beat.

The dolmen's interior is covered in Mesharum's symbolism. Eight waterwheels concentric about a central figure holding a flaming sword.

A rune tablet is once more present.

"I'm not! Those entities are bodies used to construct me. The council was given them. It takes decades of growth to turn one of them into me"

Karinth is becoming desperate.

"Ser Boros...should this get worse..."

He hands him something.

Merge with Raven and carry Ser Boros to the window. Karinth had his chance. And was a very poor bodyguard all told :D If Boros resists, leave him. If Boros tries anything with whatever he was just passed, drop him.

Vrakrash enters a room with a young bald woman speaking to a figure in long blue robe wearing a white mask with a Raven on one side and a dragon on the other.

The ladder lies behind her.

OOC: Wait and listen or rush on?

OOC: Rush on, no time. Check ladder for traps if he can though

Merge with Raven and carry Ser Boros to the window. Karinth had his chance. And was a very poor bodyguard all told :D If Boros resists, leave him. If Boros tries anything with whatever he was just passed, drop him.
    OOC: He does take it out and look at it. It seems to be a wand. Do you drop him?

OOC: Rush on, no time. Check ladder for traps if he can though
    The bald woman speaks to the figure.

"...this iteration is different, there is a construct present..."

"WHAT?!" the figure shouts, a female voice, deep and authoritative. She turns and looks at Vrakrash, before vanishing.

The bald women turns to fight.

OOC: Init

OOC: He does take it out and look at it. It seems to be a wand. Do you drop him?

If he makes a move to point it, or generally hold it in a Harry Potter-esque manner, yes. But ideally with a bit of momentum to roll him through a window.

• Advertisement

"Dragonman, Why must I make it to the 8th floor? If you release my monk friend Danjin, I may consider following your request."

Advertisement