Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

D&D II Act Two Scene I - The Tower

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,558 ✭✭✭✭Fourier

Banjo wrote: »
    If he makes a move to point it, or generally hold it in a Harry Potter-esque manner, yes. But ideally with a bit of momentum to roll him through a window.
    OOC: He does neither, you are headed for the courtyard or up the stairs?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,800 ✭✭✭Evade

Fourier wrote: »
    Iuric's heart skips a beat.

The dolmen's interior is covered in Mesharum's symbolism. Eight waterwheels concentric about a central figure holding a flaming sword.

A rune tablet is once more present.
    In an attempt to stave off a panic attack, or unpleasant flashback, Iuric tries to make it to the runestone while avoiding looking directly at any of the Mesharumic imagery repeating "To the stone, ignore the images" as he does.

sKeith wrote: »
    "Dragonman, Why must I make it to the 8th floor? If you release my monk friend Danjin, I may consider following your request."
    "I would, but I may not live to do so"

The queen is currently ripping into some prison cells.

"That will keep her until she senses the greater energy in us"

Evade wrote: »
    In an attempt to stave off a panic attack, or unpleasant flashback, Iuric tries to make it to the runestone while avoiding looking directly at any of the Mesharumic imagery repeating "To the stone, ignore the images" as he does.
    "Iuric?"

A voice speaks from the stone.

"My paladin. Why have you left the path?"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

OOC: He does neither, you are headed for the courtyard or up the stairs?

OOC : The Window I jumped out of in the first place

• Advertisement

The bald woman speaks to the figure.

"...this iteration is different, there is a construct present..."

"WHAT?!" the figure shouts, a female voice, deep and authoritative. She turns and looks at Vrakrash, before vanishing.

The bald women turns to fight.

OOC: Init
    Vrakrash simply barrels for the ladder, taking out his axe and sword and decapitating her in one go.

As her body falls to the ground the figure appears once more.

"Vrakrash, listen to me. I can stop the beast downstairs and save the others. You need only stop your advance. Kill Retula and Karinth and leave the tower. I will give you Flagg, sapped of all strength"

"Iuric?"

A voice speaks from the stone.

"My paladin. Why have you left the path?"
    "Who... who said that?" Iuric asks meekly knowing full well who it is.

OOC : The Window I jumped out of in the first place
    Retula flies out of the upstairs window.

The queen immediately rears her head and turns in the direction of this new massive source of magic.

"Who... who said that?" Iuric asks meekly knowing full well who it is.
    "It is I Iuric..."

The dolmen begins to fill with water, the lapping of a mill wheel fills his senses, before a light engulfs him.

He stands in his original armour on a wooden platform, floating in the void.

"What do you have to say for yourself Iuric. He who is descended from mine own creations"

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,993 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Vrakrash simply barrels for the ladder, taking out his axe and sword and decapitating her in one go.

As her body falls to the ground the figure appears once more.

"Vrakrash, listen to me. I can stop the beast downstairs and save the others. You need only stop your advance. Kill Retula and Karinth and leave the tower. I will give you Flagg, sapped of all strength"

'Kill two of my party to save others? You must be crazy, maybe being locked up here does that to you.

Flagg will be mine regardless of his strength - in fact him weeping and powerless does not appeal to me.

No deal.'

Vrakrash checks the ladder for traps and proceeds upwards.

• Advertisement

OCC I'm clearly confused. I was in a building. Karinth and Ser Boros had just reached the courtyard below. I flew down to get them and bring them back up to where I started. Which was inside a building.... I don't think I see what you see :D I had Prison - Courtyard with fountain - Fortress. Should that be Prison - Courtyard with fountain - Fortress Wall - Inner Courtyard that I have just left to get eaten by a worm? Or have I misunderstood where the worm is?

OCC I'm clearly confused. I was in a building. Karinth and Ser Boros had just reached the courtyard below. I flew down to get them and bring them back up to where I started. Which was inside a building.... I don't think I see what you see :D I had Prison - Courtyard with fountain - Fortress. Should that be Prison - Courtyard with fountain - Fortress Wall - Inner Courtyard that I have just left to get eaten by a worm? Or have I misunderstood where the worm is?
    OOC: My understanding is that you are flying out the window you lifted them through (a window in the fortress) and hence out of the fortress and into the courtyard again

Necrominus wrote: »
    'Kill two of my party to save others? You must be crazy, maybe being locked up here does that to you.

Flagg will be mine regardless of his strength - in fact him weeping and powerless does not appeal to me.

No deal.'

Vrakrash checks the ladder for traps and proceeds upwards.
    Vrakrash climbs the ladder and emerges inside a chamber with a glowing purple rune inside it.

A skeleton lies on the ground beside him.

Stairs lead out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,404 ✭✭✭✭sKeith

"I don't believe a word you say dragonman", He turns to the others, "Come on Sarrics, lets get outta here". As they run towards the fortress, Sarric says to the other sarrics, "direct route for me, you'll have to find you own way up", and flaps his arm and takes off and maneuvers as much as necessary to facilitate scanning the fortress top floor windows for any open windows and for lining up said window to fly into it.

OOC: My understanding is that you are flying out the window you lifted them through (a window in the fortress) and hence out of the fortress and into the courtyard again

OOC : ****, Sorry! I thought Karinth ignored me and started begging me to dildo his neck outside. Ah ****e! Oh well. Alea jacta est! Let me just see who else is out here. Any good meat needs a side dish.

Vrakrash searches the skeleton briefly and takes any items he finds.

He takes a longing look at the purple rune, but ignores it and proceeds upwards again, checking the stairs for any traps as he climbs.

Retula flies out of the upstairs window.

The queen immediately rears her head and turns in the direction of this new massive source of magic.

Retula un-merges on an upswing, having Hetyaro catch her by the feet, and holds the crown on to her head.
    Next she either gets eaten, zaps the worm with lightning, or looks like Goth Jesus on a trapeze, depending.

"It is I Iuric..."

The dolmen begins to fill with water, the lapping of a mill wheel fills his senses, before a light engulfs him.

He stands in his original armour on a wooden platform, floating in the void.

"What do you have to say for yourself Iuric. He who is descended from mine own creations"
    "I... I am a failure, ill suited to the task of bringing justice to the people. Always too quick to draw the sword, too rigid in what's right and wrong for such a grey world, too consumed with trying to be perceived as a hero. Do what must be done. My fate was sealed the moment I... I swung my sword at the innocent."

"I... I am a failure, ill suited to the task of bringing justice to the people. Always too quick to draw the sword, too rigid in what's right and wrong for such a grey world, too consumed with trying to be perceived as a hero. Do what must be done. My fate was sealed the moment I... I swung my sword at the innocent."
    "And why did you swing your blade my servant?"

Vrakrash searches the skeleton briefly and takes any items he finds.

He takes a longing look at the purple rune, but ignores it and proceeds upwards again, checking the stairs for any traps as he climbs.
    Climbing the stairs he walks out onto an island surface. A beach front lies about a quarter mile from where he stands.

He sees the island itself lies within a large enough lake, within which a large shadow looms. Some beast no doubt.

In the distance a light is glowing brightly from one of the dolmens, about six or so miles away.

• Advertisement

Sarric and Retula pass each other on the way in and out of the same window.

"Hey Sarric!" Ser Boros shouts as Sarric passes him.

The enormous worm advances toward Retula, mandibles wet with saliva for her potent energies.

Sarric lands into the corridor next to Karinth.

"Sarric...what are we to do?"

Vrakrash keeps as far away from the lake shore as is possible and heads towards the light. First at walking pace - if the shadow emerges he begins to sprint.

Vrakrash keeps as far away from the lake shore as is possible and heads towards the light. First at walking pace - if the shadow emerges he begins to sprint.
    He follows the light until he sees it lies on a distant dolmen sitting on land protruding from the lake, effectively forming another island. He will have to swim to reach it.

He follows the light until he sees it lies on a distant dolem effectively forming another island. He will have to swim to reach it.

Vrakrash looks at the murky surface before turning to another area of the lake.

He casts Firebolt at a far spot and as it lands on the lake he dives in and swims as fast as he can towards the other island.

OOC: Hoping the simultaneous splashes will be enough to distract the lake dwelling thing....

Vrakrash looks at the murky surface before turning to another area of the lake.

He casts Firebolt at a far spot and as it lands on the lake he dives in and swims as fast as he can towards the other island.

OOC: Hoping the simultaneous splashes will be enough to distract the lake dwelling thing....
    The large beast heads for the firebolt impact first.

OOC: STR(Atheltics) check, target 10

OOC: 19

After a few seconds swinging from her ankles, thinking "zap! Zap! Zap!" with no visible effect Retula realises she's maybe misjudged the complexity of the Tower's defences.
    "Turn us around!" She shouts, slipping one hand through the crown so she can wear it like a bangle while she casts.
    If there are prominent stalactites in the roof that might land on the worm queen, she tries casting Shatter at their base. Otherwise EBs to the face while hightailing it for the window

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,404 ✭✭✭✭sKeith

Sarric and Retula pass each other on the way in and out of the same window.

"Hey Sarric!" Ser Boros shouts as Sarric passes him.

The enormous worm advances toward Retula, mandibles wet with saliva for her potent energies.

Sarric lands into the corridor next to Karinth.

"Sarric...what are we to do?"

Sarric looks around, the pulls out the notebook and examines it.
    If he cant make heads nor tails of it, he shows it to karinth to see what he can make of it.

OOC: 19
    Vrakrash makes it to the island with no problems. The dolmen lies up a hill ahead of him. The bright light making it hard to see.

• Advertisement

Vrakrash shields his eyes as best he can with his axe and heads for the dolmen.

Advertisement