Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

D&D II Act Two Scene I - The Tower

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,558 ✭✭✭✭Fourier

sKeith wrote: »
    Sarric looks around, the pulls out the notebook and examines it.
    If he cant make heads nor tails of it, he shows it to karinth to see what he can make of it.
    Karinth takes the notepad.

"A complex seal...I shall undo it"

He begins to channel energy into the lock.

"This may take some time"

Banjo wrote: »
    After a few seconds swinging from her ankles, thinking "zap! Zap! Zap!" with no visible effect Retula realises she's maybe misjudged the complexity of the Tower's defences.
    "Turn us around!" She shouts, slipping one hand through the crown so she can wear it like a bangle while she casts.
    If there are prominent stalactites in the roof that might land on the worm queen, she tries casting Shatter at their base. Otherwise EBs to the face while hightailing it for the window
    OOC: Roll for EBs to hit

Necrominus wrote: »
    Vrakrash shields his eyes as best he can with his axe and heads for the dolmen.
    A giant mill wheel appears in the air in front of Vrakrash.

"DRAGON. I AM MESHARUM, GOD OF LAW AND ORDER. DISTURB YE NOT MY CLERIC. ACTIVATE THE REMAINING RUINS. IT IS THE KEY TO YOUR VENGENCE AND TO RESTORING BALANCE"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

Retula's Eldritch Blast [ d20+7 =8 ] Force dmg [ d10+4 = 9 ]
    Retula's Eldritch Blast [ d20+7 = 13 ] Force dmg [ d10+4 = 5 ]

:(

Edit : btw, how tall is the worm?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,993 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Fourier wrote: »
    A giant mill wheel appears in the air in front of Vrakrash.

"DRAGON. I AM MESHARUM, GOD OF LAW AND ORDER. DISTURB YE NOT MY CLERIC. ACTIVATE THE REMAINING RUINS. IT IS THE KEY TO YOUR VENGENCE AND TO RESTORING BALANCE"

'Mesha-what now? Whatever dude - I just want to get to the next floor. Tell me what to do and how to do it and I'll leave you to... whatever you're up to.'

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,800 ✭✭✭Evade

"And why did you swing your blade my servant?"
    "Anger in defence of your honour. But Jeremy he... he did not deserve to die"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,404 ✭✭✭✭sKeith

Sarric takes out his scroll case full of notes from the monastry and puruses the notes while Karinth works on the notebooks lock.

Evade wrote: »
    "Anger in defence of your honour. But Jeremy he... he did not deserve to die"
    "Mayhap not my loyal servant..."

The room grows dark, only Durandal is visible.

"That blade in your hand was once wielded by one with absolute confidence in himself. You cannot wield it as you have lost your spirit.

You have made mistakes Iuric...but you have learned a lot. You have seen that even a god like I is but another being. Greater in power and understanding yes, but I can make mistakes.

Forgive yourself my servant, so that you may aid others again.

There is one last great task I would have you perform"

'Mesha-what now? Whatever dude - I just want to get to the next floor. Tell me what to do and how to do it and I'll leave you to... whatever you're up to.'
    "Go to the island over there..."

He shines a light East.

"...and activate the rune"

Vrakrash shrugs.

'Cool beans Mesha-wotsit. Have fun with your cleric!'

He heads east towards where the light has been shone.

• Advertisement

Sarric takes out his scroll case full of notes from the monastry and puruses the notes while Karinth works on the notebooks lock.
    OOC: Anything in particular you are looking for in the monastery notes?

"Sarric I have it...it says...'Don't trust my mother'..."

He looks up at Sarric.

Vrakrash shrugs.

'Cool beans Mesha-wotsit. Have fun with your cleric!'

He heads east towards where the light has been shone.
    Vrakrash must traverse the waters again to reach this next dolmen.

OOC: STR(Athletics check)

Vrakrash must traverse the waters again to reach this next dolmen.

OOC: STR(Athletics check)

OOC: 10 :/

Retula's Eldritch Blast [ d20+7 =8 ] Force dmg [ d10+4 = 9 ]
    Retula's Eldritch Blast [ d20+7 = 13 ] Force dmg [ d10+4 = 5 ]

:(

Edit : btw, how tall is the worm?
    OOC: Several times human height, about 25 foot tall

The Eldritch blasts make little impact on the beast, the energy simply flowing over its skin.

As it charges, Retula makes it back to the window where Karinth sits with the notebook.

"Retula...Vrakrash's diary here has something about you"

OOC: not really, he's just killing time.

"Heh, why would one of the vrakrashs magically seal that mesage up?"

"Mayhap not my loyal servant..."

The room grows dark, only Durandal is visible.

"That blade in your hand was once wielded by one with absolute confidence in himself. You cannot wield it as you have lost your spirit.

You have made mistakes Iuric...but you have learned a lot. You have seen that even a god like I is but another being. Greater in power and understanding yes, but I can make mistakes.

Forgive yourself my servant, so that you may aid others again.

There is one last great task I would have you perform"
    "I cannot forgive myself but I can endeavour to not repeat the grievous error. What its this task you would have me do?"

OOC: 10 :/
    Under the water the massive beast turns toward Vrakrash.

OOC: Chase rules. Basically it's like a fight, but instead of fighting you should probably take the dash action (double movement). You get to use the dash action 3+CON mod times, in your case 5 turns. Any turn after that you need to make a CON check to use it. You can of course not do dash and instead cast a spell

As it charges, Retula makes it back to the window where Karinth sits with the notebook.

"Retula...Vrakrash's diary here has something about you"

"If it's about my ass, he's right but it's still rude to think it, perv! We should go. I think I made it mad and I don't think the walls will slow it down!"

She runs for the stairs.

Under the water the massive beast turns toward Vrakrash.

OOC: Chase rules. Basically it's like a fight, but instead of fighting you should probably take the dash action (double movement). You get to use the dash action 3+CON mod times, in your case 5 turns. Any turn after that you need to make a CON check to use it. You can of course not do dash and instead cast a spell

OOC:

"If it's about my ass, he's right but it's still rude to think it, perv! We should go. I think I made it mad and I don't think the walls will slow it down!"

She runs for the stairs.
    Karinth stands.

"No, it says his mother did something to you. I fear we are part of a game that has been long in the playing.

I will scout ahead, ensure your safety"

He heads up the stairs and motions that the coast is clear.

• Advertisement

Sarric follows after Karinth.

Following, she muses "oooh a game. I wonder if it's *the* game. Zorver..sorgen..you know, dragon chess! But then who is the other dragon...? Unless they set their sights higher.... Oh featherplucker! But then this whole time I was just... Oh, that can't end well. Karinth, what are you supposed to do when you're whole? Honestly?"

Sarric follows after Karinth.
    Retula, Sarric and Karinth arrive in the room with the ladder where they can see another bald woman's head still bleeding on the floor.
    Following, she muses "oooh a game. I wonder if it's *the* game. Zorver..sorgen..you know, dragon chess! But then who is the other dragon...? Unless they set their sights higher.... Oh featherplucker! But then this whole time I was just... Oh, that can't end well. Karinth, what are you supposed to do when you're whole? Honestly?"
    "I am meant to..."

The room turns a dark blue as an image of Ursula forms in front of them. Nine feet tall she wears a white mask, a dragon on one cheek, a raven on another.

"He doesn't know, do you construct, but I do"

Karinth narrows his eyes.

"And you little goddess, I won't allow you to ruin everything I've worked for. Figured it all out have we?"

"I cannot forgive myself but I can endeavour to not repeat the grievous error. What its this task you would have me do?"
    "My loyal servant, I would have you help the construct known as Karinth be who he is, help him make the right choice when the time comes.

And protect Retula.

Will you do this for me?"

Sarric picks up the head.

Sarric picks up the head.
    The woman's tongue rolls out of her mouth when he does so.

"Who are you?" Ursula demands of Sarric.

"The construct isn't meant to be here...you have set events twirling from the path Citra and I designed"

"My loyal servant, I would have you help the construct known as Karinth be who he is, help him make the right choice when the time comes.

And protect Retula.

Will you do this for me?"
    Iuric looks puzzled at the mention of Retula and casually tries a divine sense.

Iuric looks puzzled at the mention of Retula and casually tries a divine sense.
    His divine sense tells him it is Mesharum.

"Wise my cleric. I have no time for the Raven Queen and her machinations, inscrutable even to me.

However if Ursula gets what she wants, it will throw the operations of this plane into chaos. I don't know what it is, but I know she cannot get Retula"

His divine sense tells him it is Mesharum.

"Wise my cleric. I have no time for the Raven Queen and her machinations, inscrutable even to me.

However if Ursula gets what she wants, it will throw the operations of this plane into chaos. I don't know what it is, but I know she cannot get Retula"
    "If that is my task, it will be done"

OOC: Is Iuric a cleric now?

• Advertisement

"If that is my task, it will be done"

OOC: Is Iuric a cleric now?
    The light fades and concentrates itself in to Durandal.

OOC: Paladin, unless you want to be a cleric.
    Full power of Durandal unlocked. 4d10

Advertisement