Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

D&D II Act Two Scene I - The Tower

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,558 ✭✭✭✭Fourier

Necrominus wrote: »
    Sighing, Vrakrash heads for the shore closest to the direction of the gateways.

He puts the runestone in his pack and looks out at the murky waters.

'Hey, Jaws.'

He kicks the water a little bit.

'You wanna come for a chat?'
    A plesiosaur surfaces next to beach near Vrakrash.

PTxJeF.jpg

Iuric trots down to Vrakrash from the other side of the island.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,800 ✭✭✭Evade

"Greetings Vrakrash, is this the beast I outswam?"

Banjo wrote: »
    "****ed if I know, coukd be Gondrimp for all I know but that's why I'm not a big dumb ghostface trying to talk people to death. oh wait, there's a ladder? Ok later babes! Say hi to me for me!"

**Dude I know you're not a hawk, but come on!**

She climbs up.
    Hetyaro grabs her and Karinth and carries them to the islands with the gateways. One the way he spots Sarric and makes a note to return to him.

The portals are to the 11th-19th floors. Ursula's research projects necessary to build her new plane.

The names of the floors can be seen on signs visible through the portal.

11th - Scriptomantic studies
    12th - Applied Mythology
    13th - Thanotology
    14th - Beasts of perplexing powers
    15th - Anomalies
    16th - Studies in planar formation
    17th - Devilry and Demonology, nascent Hells
    18th - Singular beings
    19th - The Hall of Worlds

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,993 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Fourier wrote: »
    A plesiosaur surfaces next to beach near Vrakrash.

PTxJeF.jpg

'Yo dude - why you wanna eat me? If you give me and my friends a lift over to that island (points), I promise you can eat the next person that comes up the ladder that isn't bald, wearing plate armour or a vampire.'

He shrugs.

'I mean, there's bound to be tonnes of bigger meals out there than little old me, right?'

He takes out the runestone.

'Tell you what - when I get to the island, I'll give you this bad boy. Then you have total control over this place. Who goes in, comes out - waddya say?'

• Advertisement

sKeith wrote: »
    Sarric scans the horizon for anything that looks like it could be exiting to a higer level.
    Ser Boros lays down next to Sarric for a snooze, not waking when Hetyaro lifts them both.

Evade wrote: »
    "Greetings Vrakrash, is this the beast I outswam?"

'Oh, hey Iuric! Yeah, I'd say it is. I'm trying to strike up a deal with him..her.. it...'

'Yo dude - why you wanna eat me? If you give me and my friends a lift over to that island (points), I promise you can eat the next person that comes up the ladder that isn't bald, wearing plate armour or a vampire.'

He shrugs.

'I mean, there's bound to be tonnes of bigger meals out there than little old me, right?'

He takes out the runestone.

'Tell you what - when I get to the island, I'll give you this bad boy. Then you have total control over this place. Who goes in, comes out - waddya say?'
    "You better head for the portals fast then, for the Queen of the worms pursues you. We have a pact, but I won't defend you from her. The stone, yes I desire it"

He turns to Iuric.

"Artful swimming"

"You better head for the portals fast then, for the Queen of the worms pursues you. We have a pact, but I won't defend you from her. The stone, yes I desire it"

He turns to Iuric.

"Artful swimming"

Vrakrash shrugs.

'A lift for myself and my friend then? And the stone is yours. Just... don't go opening up that portal too fast for the worm queen - say you misplaced it or something. Sound fair?'

'Oh, hey Iuric! Yeah, I'd say it is. I'm trying to strike up a deal with him..her.. it...'
    "A wise idea. Once you and it have concluded your business we must speak on a matter of great import." Iuric turns to the beast "Vrakrash's offer is the best outcome for you."

• Advertisement

"Artful swimming"
    "I was well motivated"

Vrakrash shrugs.

'A lift for myself and my friend then? And the stone is yours. Just... don't go opening up that portal too fast for the worm queen - say you misplaced it or something. Sound fair?'
    "Cross over fast enough and it won't matter, they'll close on their own and I can't really open them"

He lowers his neck for Vrakrash to climb on.

Evade wrote: »
    "A wise idea. Once you and it have concluded your business we must speak on a matter of great import." Iuric turns to the beast "Vrakrash's offer is the best outcome for you."

'Sure... I think... it .... is amicable. Also thanks for that potion you sent... at least I think it was you. It helped me quite a bit!'

Vrakrash hops on board and extends his hand to help Iuric on the beast.

'Sure... I think... it .... is amicable. Also thanks for that potion you sent... at least I think it was you. It helped me quite a bit!'
    "It was indeed. I was not certain if Mr.S was being truthful about your situation" Iuric dismounts Scinfaxi "Come" and tries to lead him onto the beast.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

11th - Scriptomantic studies
    12th - Applied Mythology
    13th - Thanotology
    14th - Beasts of perplexing powers
    15th - Anomalies
    16th - Studies in planar formation
    17th - Devilry and Demonology, nascent Hells
    18th - Singular beings
    19th - The Hall of Worlds

"Look, I know it's a bad idea, but if she's the god, aren't you curious just how bad the demons are?"

Iuric and Vrakrash are carried to the islands, connected to each other by a bridge with the nine portals on them.

"The stone?" the plesiosaur asks.

Iuric and Vrakrash are carried to the islands, connected to each other by a bridge with the nine portals on them.

"The stone?" the plesiosaur asks.

Vrakrash gauges the distance to the portals and backs up a little bit.

'Sure - now it's in your domain - I'm sure you'll find it!'

He hurls the runestone as far as he can out into the depths of the lake and starts running.

'Sorry Jaws, but that was for trying to eat me - and I can't let that worm queen just wander on through these gates. Iuric, we can talk when we reach the other side of the portals!'

Iuric jumps on Scifaxi and takes off after Vrakrash

The pleisosaur dives after the stone.

On the far island the Worm Queen bursts through the mound and quickly slides into the sea toward the portal islands.

Vrakrash and Iuric reach the portals.

Karinth turns.

"Dragon, where to?"

• Advertisement

"Look, I know it's a bad idea, but if she's the god, aren't you curious just how bad the demons are?"
    Hetyaro shakes his head.

The pleisosaur dives after the stone.

On the far island the Worm Queen bursts through the mound and quickly slides into the sea toward the portal islands.

Vrakrash and Iuric reach the portals.

Karinth turns.

"Dragon, where to?"

'Anywhere that she (cocks thumb over his shoulder) isn't!'

Vrakrash dives through the nearest portal.

"Greetings Karinth" Iuric nods to Karinth and then he and Scinfaxi follow Vrakrash

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

Hetyaro shakes his head.

"Well if I go to the thanatology level I'll meet probably myself... Beasts maybe? What about you, Karinth? Anything calling you?

(Edit)
    Karinth? Ah ****"

"Well if I go to the thanatology level I'll meet probably myself... Beasts maybe? What about you, Karinth? Anything calling you?"
    She turns to see Karinth standing halfway into the portal that Vrakrash went through.

"Pretty crazy place this one Retula..." he says popping his head out "...but not immediately lethal I think"

Back in the prison:

Stroupy turns to Mags.

"I think they've escaped up that fortress. Well at least the millipede thing isn't after you and I! Shall we?"

He extends his arm out toward the ruined fortress, trashed from the millipede rummaging through it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,637 ✭✭✭✭OldGoat

Back in the prison:

Stroupy turns to Mags.

"I think they've escaped up that fortress. Well at least the millipede thing isn't after you and I! Shall we?"

He extends his arm out toward the ruined fortress, trashed from the millipede rummaging through it.
    Like the tinman and the scarecrow Mags & Stroupy link arms and highstep it along the yellowbrick road after the others.

ScarecrowPerks1.jpg

I'm older than Minecraft goats.

OldGoat wrote: »
    Like the tinman and the scarecrow Mags & Stroupy link arms and highstep it along the yellowbrick road after the others.
    Slipping along they quickly proceed to the fortress, casually stopping every so often to look at the corpses strewn about the courtyard.

Quite a few match Mags's build, the odd few even having the octopus features. Stroupy is rare, but even he is present here and there.

"Seems we've been through this a few times"

They skip into the fortress, where the stairs are climbable, but damaged.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,637 ✭✭✭✭OldGoat

Slipping along they quickly proceed to the fortress, casually stopping every so often to look at the corpses strewn about the courtyard.

Quite a few match Mags's build, the odd few even having the octopus features. Stroupy is rare, but even he is present here and there.

"Seems we've been through this a few times"

They skip into the fortress, where the stairs are climbable, but damaged.
    "It's rather disconcerting to see oneself dead." Mags nonetheless loots any of his own bodies he passes as he heads up the stairs, carefully chasing after the rest of the gang.

I'm older than Minecraft goats.

Advertisement