Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Low flying large aircraft over Tralee 23.20

Options
  • 14-08-2018 11:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,609 ✭✭✭

Hi guys

Bit very familiar with fr24 but just now a low aircraft flying over Tralee. Any idea what it is and why

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 68,761 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

• Registered Users Posts: 1,609 ✭✭✭adam88

Cheers. Why would it have flown south over kerry before turning for the Atlantic

• Registered Users Posts: 2,008 ✭✭✭bilbot79

adam88 wrote: »
    Cheers. Why would it have flown south over kerry before turning for the Atlantic

Maybe it didn't want to crash into the Norwegian to London

• Registered Users Posts: 17,705 ✭✭✭✭LXFlyer

Presumably to take a track that would avoid the jetstream and the eastbound traffic that it would othewise meet further west?

NAT tracks(google) earlier in the day were split both north and south indicate a weather system in the middle of the North Atlantic. So he was routing south of the winds.

By the way 17000-19000ft isn’t low. For me low flying is below 1000ft.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,950 ✭✭✭EchoIndia

The oceanic route taken (see below) was quite far south of the typical daytime westbound tracks and the domestic section from Shannon to 49n20w took the aircraft over Kerry.

4900N/02000W 4800N/03000W 4700N/04000W 4500N/05000W RAFIN N82A KANNI PLYMM PARCH3

• Registered Users Posts: 1,609 ✭✭✭adam88

NAT tracks(google) earlier in the day were split both north and south indicate a weather system in the middle of the North Atlantic. So he was routing south of the winds.

It was low enough that I could hear it from my bedroom with the windows closed. It was quiet late in the nite too

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 14,397 Mod ✭✭✭✭marno21

Those of us in Kerry aren't used to hearing much below 30,000ft after dark when Kerry Airport closes

Advertisement