Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Attending mediation and I need to find out from others about costs

Options
  • 15-08-2018 9:04am
    Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭

Hi all,
    Not the nicest of topics, but I'll be attending mediation soon, and ahead of doing so I want to ask others what they would determine to be average costs of raising a child (in my case a young child in primary school).

I've been trying to outline what my money contributions have been over the years, and to date I've contributed way over what most people consider to be fair (at least from who I've spoken to, which has been a broad enough spectrum).

The issue is I'm dealing with a total lack of transparency around costs. The other party has outright refused to give me numbers on what they consider to be fair/standard. Furthermore they claim that they've contributed way, way more than what I have, which if true would put the figures in a range that I think would be a bit ridiculous, but maybe not, hence my wish to find out from others.

So I wanted to ask, what would you consider (I guess if you could detail if it does/doesn't include childcare that would be brilliant)?

Thank you very much

Comments

• Administrators Posts: 14,034 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Big Bag of Chips

www.solo.ie is a good website to look up.

The links on the left of the page include one about maintenance, and if you follow that link there is then a link to a weekly expenditure spreadsheet. If you go to mediation then this should all be discussed and talked through and agreed on. She won't be allowed just pluck a figure from the air.

Have a look at that site, and maybe bring a couple of copies of the spreadsheet with you so that you can both fill it in and know where you stand.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭2xj3hplqgsbkym

Also she should have receipts, if for example it's dentist fees, summer camp , book lists etc. so you both should keep receipts

Advertisement