Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

speculation as to my identity

Options
  • 15-08-2018 9:55am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,035 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    There are sub-forum moderators available on the forum but to this point they have not deleted the posts which speculate as to my identity.
    Please delete these posts as the Moderators on that forum apparently want people to speculate as to my identity although they would have satisfied themselves long ago that I wasn't an employee of the company in question.

see post and the post which it quotes
    https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=107791524&postcount=827

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,035 ✭✭✭rivegauche

Moderators have now that I have informed them of this ticket on the helpdesk partially redacted the offending post before the help desk act upon it but all this serves to prove is that the Moderators are not acting as moderators but active parties to the discussion who are guiding discussion toward their agenda.
    Throughout the thread they have been allowing others to make sarcastic comments and when forced to frame their moderation notes as censure on me rather than on others.

When you see a post like this you would think the moderation was directed at me
    https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=107791524&postcount=827
    Actually, the poster Billy Few Mates had not added any content to the thread other than belittling sarcastic comments for many pages.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 6,522 Mod ✭✭✭✭Irish Steve

The user seems to be under the misguided idea that there is a full time moderation presence just to deal with his (multiple) reports. That is not the reality. It's been dealt with.

Shore, if it was easy, everybody would be doin it.😁

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,290 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

You reported the post late last night. It was dealt with this morning

As Irish Steve pointed out the mods are not online 24/7, and I am seeing absolutely no issue with their actions

• Registered Users Posts: 1,035 ✭✭✭rivegauche

It was intentionally dealt with in a way which allowed the identity speculation to continue. Not only did they leave the post on thread, they actually quoted it to emphasize it.
    Only after I informed them that I had reported the post to a higher power did they delete the original post and then partially redacted the original post quote in the moderation note but phrased their moderation note in such a way as to insinuate I may be related to the company in question.

I would not say that I'm being ignored by the Moderators, I would say the Moderators are addressing my complaints in a most calculated manner and are anything but evenhanded.

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,290 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

I have seen the original wording. It did not speculate over your identity, but did over your possible employer.

I am entirely satisfied with the way this has been dealt with by the local mods. They dealt with your initial complaint and then dealt with your follow-up

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,700 ✭✭✭tricky D

Why have you started this thread 30 minutes after the post was actioned?

This is another example of you being a toxic influence and wasting our time with frivolous moans which has been going on for over a month now. Already you have reported posts something like a ridiculous 30 times for that thread with most being trite and thin-skinned, and only less than a handful worthy of any consideration or action.

I note your previous thread here which was another example of time sinking and is firmly in the realm of a conspiracy theory fantasy. https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057890127

As for your identity, as Beasty says, it was not your identity but possible employer. More accurately, it speculated that you work in the industry but implied working for Ryanair, which doesn't tally as your knowledge of their SOPs in areas is lacking to the detriment of your arguing positions. Ironically, you have engaged about other posters' employers and roles to a much greater extent than this case.

At this stage, we have had enough of your:

wasting our time
    abusing the reported posts function
    ad hominems
    speculating on others' roles
    being so bullheaded and wrongheaded that you have persistently dragged the thread off-topic

All of those have been repeated so many times that the fact you have only received a 3 day ban is a testament to the patience and tolerance of the mods. That stops now. It is clear that the problem is you, not us or other posters. So, from now on, you really need to think very hard before posting in the thread again as any problem post, no matter how slight, will result in a ban of at least 2 weeks and a permanent thread ban, due to the large accumulation of issues which we have let you go for previously now being aggregated.

Advertisement