Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

4 month sleep regression, how long does it last?

• 15-08-2018 10:11am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 543 ✭✭✭

What are people’s experiences? My LO is 3 weeks in. Awake nearly every hour most nights. I’m up with him cuz husband is working and I’m absolutely exhausted. If I could see an end in sight at least I could focus on that

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,514 ✭✭✭bee06

Cerocco wrote: »
    What are people’s experiences? My LO is 3 weeks in. Awake nearly every hour most nights. I’m up with him cuz husband is working and I’m absolutely exhausted. If I could see an end in sight at least I could focus on that

For us it was a month. He never went back to sleeping as long as he did before though. Before hand he was waking twice a night (once the 2 nights before it started) and since he wakes at least 3 times.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,635 ✭✭✭✭fits

Everything is a phase. It will pass. It will get better and worse and better again. My twins are 19 months now and sometimes they wake once ( between 11 and 6) and sometimes one or other is wide awake for two hours. Having low expectations and going to bed early helps me. ( and co sleeping).

• Registered Users Posts: 793 ✭✭✭jaja321

I think it was about a month. People's experiences of the aftermath varies - our little girl went back to waking once a night after that, but I know others whose babies continued to wake regularly. I think its a bit of a luck of the draw.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,914 Mod ✭✭✭✭shesty

3-4 weeks.If you get up and take them up it will probably stretch longer.
    As fits says, expect them to wake at night.It will continue for a couple of years.How you deal with it is the key thing.

Advertisement