Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

1080Ti Bundle

Options
  • 15-08-2018 10:29am
    Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭

https://eu.evga.com/products/featured-bundles.aspx

€ 750 for EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti FTW3 GAMING + EVGA SuperNOVA 850 G2 Power Supply (UK Cable Set) + EVGA Powerlink

Am I missing something here. Seems like a very good deal. I understand new cards are due to be announced on the 20th. Maybe its a sign they will be for sale sooner rather than later.

Oh and im looking at a build after Nvidia and Intel come out with their new products but I could be swayed to bite the bullet earlier.... no patience :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,682 ✭✭✭Inviere

Buttros wrote: »
    Am I missing something here.

Some value there compared to how things were only a few months back. Those PSU's are quality pieces of kit too. I must say, it's a nice feeling seeing the prices of the 10xx's coming down, even if it is to make way for the 20xx's.

That 1080ti is on my Amazon wishlist. I'll pull the trigger if i can't get my hands on a 2080.

• Registered Users Posts: 655 ✭✭✭L

Buttros wrote: »
    I understand new cards are due to be announced on the 20th. Maybe its a sign they will be for sale sooner rather than later.

Latest rumours have the launch event on the 20th and the card releases as 2080 at month's end, 2070 at the end of September and the 2060 at the end of October.

The falling price of high end Nvidia and AMD GPUs, and the raytracing hardware they displayed in the new Quadro RTX a day or two ago, strongly suggests the new lineup will be a significant jump.

2080 = 50% faster than a 1080
    2070 = 40% faster then a 1070

• Registered Users Posts: 7,682 ✭✭✭Inviere

2080 = 50% faster than a 1080
    2070 = 40% faster then a 1070

How will a 2080 compare against a 1080Ti (obviously it's all guesswork, but perhaps educated guesses)?

• Advertisement

I think i read somewhere it's about a 17% increase. No idea how the cards will overclock though.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Damn it.
    If my mate hadn't taken us to an expensive holiday area (in fecking Portugal!) and caused me to lose my glasses, I'd buy that 1080 in a heartbeat.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,435 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

The 1080ti is a fantastic jump over the 1080.
    I had both and I reckon at least 30% in games.
    Battlefront 2 I’m getting over 170fps at 1440p.
    The Witcher 3 has serious gains going from the 1080 to the ti. At least 50% increase I found in fps.
    Hell of a card.
    The 2080 will probably only be a 10% jump at most of a ti.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,724 ✭✭✭Metric Tensor

If you don't have glasses anymore maybe the 1080 would be wasted on you anyway! ;)

Blazer wrote: »
    The 1080ti is a fantastic jump over the 1080.
    I had both and I reckon at least 30% in games.
    Battlefront 2 I’m getting over 170fps at 1440p.
    The Witcher 3 has serious gains going from the 1080 to the ti. At least 50% increase I found in fps.
    Hell of a card.
    The 2080 will probably only be a 10% jump at most of a ti.

How quiet does it run under load?

• Advertisement

Would you order the UK or EU cable kit? I presume the UK?

Would you order the UK or EU cable kit? I presume the UK?

UK

It's a bog-standard 3-pin PSU cable anyway.

How quiet does it run under load?

I haven’t found it any louder and it’s using the vanilla oem cooling.
    My 1080 was an MSi Armour Oc version with dual fan cooling and both cards ran about the same.
    Now it’s not a quiet card by any means. But with headphones on I barely hear it.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

Blazer wrote: »

The 2080 will probably only be a 10% jump at most of a 1080ti.

but would they be comparable/cheaper in price or will the 1080Ti drop?

Skerries wrote: »
    but would they be comparable/cheaper in price or will the 1080Ti drop?

The 1080ti might drop but might not. And it’s a 11gb cars. Not sure what the 2080 will be although I think newer versions of the 1080 were 11gb also?

Realistically, i'd be surprised you'd get your hands on one of the new GPU's until the New Year. So close to buying the above. I'll decide before i finish work today.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Great prices. The new cards will probably be way overpriced, just like the new GTX cards were ridiculous when they were released....what was the RRP, $349? And then we got them for closer to €500.

1080 with the PSU and Powerlink for €530 is particularly great. I literally just bought a Vega 64 the other day for €530 delivered. I know it's faster than GTX1080 but the model I got is not particularly quiet and obviously consumes a good whack more power as well.

Re-sale value of EVGA cards is also very good as their warranty terms are excellent.

Went ahead and ordered the FTW3. Was in the market for a new PSU too so the deal was too good to pass up. I know the new 20 series is out very soon but the percentage difference that it will more than likely be won't give me buyers remorse i don't think. I play at 4K on my PS4 Pro and it just hasn't wowed me at all so i'll stick at 1440p with high refresh rates.

I'll also recoup some of the cost when i sell my 1070.

Ended up having to cancel the order. Just realised that my car tax is up next month. Hopefully the prices keep the same or lower a bit next month.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭Buttros

I bought it this morning. Now going through the rest of the build buying parts as per the other thread :)

• Registered Users Posts: 811 ✭✭✭yoshiktk

Wouldn't be surprised that we will start getting more deals like that.
    On caseking.de there was 1070 for around 400€.
    In overall after s###y last few months now its a good time to build a new pc.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,766 ✭✭✭farna_boy

yoshiktk wrote: »
    Wouldn't be surprised that we will start getting more deals like that.
    On caseking.de there was 1070 for around 400€.
    In overall after s###y last few months now its a good time to build a new pc.

Overclockers.co.uk have two types of 1070 for €400 and one 1070 for €370 (ex shipping)

• Registered Users Posts: 535 ✭✭✭Saadyst

Was holding off on buying anything until next gen landed! How does a ti compare against a radeon fury, especially in vr (elite dangerous)? Would I be better waiting?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

The Fury is still a good card but it's around 980ti performance. The gap between it and a 1070 would be relatively small but a 1080ti crushes it....and the fury x too.

The Fury is still a good card but it's around 980ti performance. The gap between it and a 1070 would be relatively small but a 1080ti crushes it....and the fury x too.
    I think people should keep in mind that, overclocked, a 980 Ti is on-par with a GTX 1070 Ti.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,915 ✭✭✭cursai

K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    I think people should keep in mind that, overclocked, a 980 Ti is on-par with a GTX 1070 Ti.

True. My strix 980ti is better than my two sibling 1070s in scores.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,684 ✭✭✭✭Samuel T. Cogley

Missed the bundle with the FTW3 but got the 1300W PSU and an SC2 for €800 (Delivered and Irish VAT). Assuming the current PSU holds up (520W XFX Fanless) I'll flog the 1300W beastie for a few quid to claw some of that back. If I get €150 for it and the powerlink it's cheaper than a secondhand one!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,684 ✭✭✭✭Samuel T. Cogley

Upto 30 days for delivery! :eek: Anyone know what sort of time frame deliveries take?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 655 ✭✭✭L

Upto 30 days for delivery! :eek: Anyone know what sort of time frame deliveries take?

Mine took 5 days.

Advertisement