Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Illness benefit problems since new form

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 616 ✭✭✭hawthorne

I was at my doctor 2 weeks ago and got a duplicate of my cert originally issued on the 19th of September. It was a copy of the usual 6 month cert and he used a copy of the old version cert. He has no new ones, never got them at all.
    I sent off the cert last week with a nice letter. No bad language in it. Pointing out that I did not receive any money at all for some weeks now. PPS number, phone,email,etc. supplied with it.No reply.
    I used to get my money always on a Wednesday morning at around 6am.
    Nothing on the account this morning.
    I slowly get the feeling I am stuck in a different universe....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

198 received today on time.

Not a sign of missing week, but other have it much worse so I will patiently wait.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,218 ✭✭✭✭Bannasidhe

Made the trip to the CWO this morning.

She checked my details - system said I was due a payment on the 22nd but nothing had been processed.

So we started the whole palaver for an emergency payment, while she was doing that she was saying they used not, and really shouldn't, be seeing people on IB unless an emergency has arisen but since August not a day goes by where she doesn't have at least 2 people a day who either haven't gotten a payment or gotten a partial payment. She said they have been told they may issue emergency payments in these cases but does fear it then causes a backlog while IB section works out who got what, when, and from whom.

Just before she wrote the cheque she decided to check again and lo and behold suddenly my payment plus arrears was in the system as processed yesterday.
    So I should get that tomorrow.
    Whether I do- or get anything else ever - remains to be seen.

I did cause a queue while paying for parking as I had to raid the old coin jar for the money. Parking paid in 10c coins :cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,420 ✭✭✭splinter65

So in my case I didn’t get an acknowledgement even. My next step is to have it reviewed by ‘another officer’

If it hasn’t been acknowledged then find out who is the manager of whoever you wrote to, write to that person, send them a copy of the letter you sent that went unanswered and ask that person to write back to you in five working days

• Registered Users Posts: 47 Man with a plan

Been trying again on the phone this morning, no joy again.
    Fired off a few emails to them over the last few days, no response or reply.
    Looks like we're heading into another month of it tomorrow :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 46 PoolBall

Yep same here, no response to emails, can't get through on the phone. I fired off a few emails to TD's this morning, it probably won't help, but at least I feel like I am doing something.

PoolBall wrote: »
    Yep same here, no response to emails, can't get through on the phone. I fired off a few emails to TD's this morning, it probably won't help, but at least I feel like I am doing something.

I firmly believe my claim would still be on the back burner if Mick Barry's office hadn't contacted IB on my behalf.
    Or perhaps it's a coinkydinks that the system reads my payment was processed* the day his office rang them... after 5 weeks of sweet FA happening...

*no dosh actually received but hopefully tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭nicrob08

I have an update guys. I got a call from illness benefit section. The guy is spoke with was speaking about dates certified to etc, but then told me he has certified me up to the 8th November on the system, I still do not think they have my cert covering from the 25th for the coming week, as he mentioned a backlog, I feel the staff are getting the go ahead to take what we say at face value, as in that we have sent certs in and get us certified on the system. I did go on to say to him i could only imagine that he is getting the head ate off him left right and centre, he said well thats my job, and I said to him no its not, its not your fault and then he said well it most certainly isnt your fault and at the end of the day its your money. Jesus I came off the phone feeling terrible for him. Told me id have all my arrears by Friday but Im not holding my breath. Im thinking the system is f****d, the staff are trying to work through a backlog manually, others probably being dedicated to calling some customers back and getting their claims back on the certified system

• Registered Users Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭Flippyfloppy

nicrob08 wrote: »
    I have an update guys. I got a call from illness benefit section. The guy is spoke with was speaking about dates certified to etc, but then told me he has certified me up to the 8th November on the system, I still do not think they have my cert covering from the 25th for the coming week, as he mentioned a backlog, I feel the staff are getting the go ahead to take what we say at face value, as in that we have sent certs in and get us certified on the system. I did go on to say to him i could only imagine that he is getting the head ate off him left right and centre, he said well thats my job, and I said to him no its not, its not your fault and then he said well it most certainly isnt your fault and at the end of the day its your money. Jesus I came off the phone feeling terrible for him. Told me id have all my arrears by Friday but Im not holding my breath. Im thinking the system is f****d, the staff are trying to work through a backlog manually, others probably being dedicated to calling some customers back and getting their claims back on the certified system
    Glad it’s being sorted for you. Do you mind telling me what way you contacted them initially in order to get a callback?

Glad it’s being sorted for you. Do you mind telling me what way you contacted them initially in order to get a callback?

Had to literally tweet after tweet on twitter. Never used twitter but had to create am account in order to make contact

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32 mags4k

Just had an email acknowledging my complaint. If everyone floods them with complaints surely this will get sorted/never happen again. Either way, I kind of feel like I’m getting somewhere now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Noolzy

mags4k wrote: »
    Just had an email acknowledging my complaint. If everyone floods them with complaints surely this will get sorted/never happen again. Either way, I kind of feel like I’m getting somewhere now.

Out of curiosity when did you send in complaint?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,091 ✭✭✭hattoncracker

Nearly 4 weeks with no money and can't get through to anyone... sent the message through Twitter twice and no one has contacted me back.

Why is this not on the news?! This is scandalous!

Noolzy wrote: »
    Out of curiosity when did you send in complaint?

Last Wednesday, they do state they’ll respond within 3 working days although mine took 4 I can’t complain too much about that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭ash23

Anyone else get paid for themselves but not dependents?
    I sent in week one and got a letter saying I was allowed the 198 but was meant to be more as I was claiming for dependents.
    For week two I received 198 in week three. I sent in final cert do hopefully next week will get payment for this week.

But I'd be still down the amount for the children.

Swamp them with complaints. Even if you got your payment but it was a day late then complain anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,104 ✭✭✭Whiplashy

I’m on illness benefit long term so all my savings are wiped out. Today I had to go to the GP and go on medication for anxiety because of all this nonsense. I do suffer from anxiety but it’s been years since I’ve had to be medicated. So the illness benefit has actually added to my medical issues. I’m due to get bloods done, I can’t afford it. Next week I’ll be due to get my prescription filled, I can’t afford it. My emails have been ignored, calls go unanswered and tweets have had no reply. I give up.

Whiplashy wrote: »
    I’m on illness benefit long term so all my savings are wiped out. Today I had to go to the GP and go on medication for anxiety because of all this nonsense. I do suffer from anxiety but it’s been years since I’ve had to be medicated. So the illness benefit has actually added to my medical issues. I’m due to get bloods done, I can’t afford it. Next week I’ll be due to get my prescription filled, I can’t afford it. My emails have been ignored, calls go unanswered and tweets have had no reply. I give up.

Please don’t despair. If you can’t manage to go to your CWO then ring your local office and tell them what’s happened.

• Registered Users Posts: 47 Man with a plan

I know it probably doesn't mean much but hang in there buddy.
    There is always always light at the end of the tunnel.
    This sh*tstorm will blow over soon enough.
    As splinter says head for the nearest CWO office in the morning and explain your situation and they should sort you out.
    I'd love to help you out myself but I'm also down to my last nickel and dime.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 798 ✭✭✭Plascebo

Hi there, asking for a friend who is not on boards.

They have been on long-term illness benefit and have to submit a 6-monthly illness benefit cert for a number of years now.

Their payments have not been affected over the years but suddenly, with the new certificate in place (which they posted last Friday to the correct PO Box in a stamped envelope), this week they have been paid only €33.

Anyone else on the 6-monthly cert had similar issues as the previous posts only refer to weekly/monthly certs?

Thanks in advance.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,584 ✭✭✭BohsCeltic

Same as me. Suffering with anxiety and depression and this crap does not help one bit.
    That's why I am up awake at nearly 2.30am with my mind racing.
    We are being treated like animals.
    Need to get bloods done too but gp had to refer me to hospital to get them done as I couldn't afford it.
    Another long wait with the HSE.
    Just so tired of this now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38 TattooedLady

I’ve been following this thread for a while now and just thought I would share what’s happening with me.

I was signed off sick 10th October, sent my forms in and all and got a payment on 18th October of €33. A few days later received a letter saying I had been awarded the €198 a week. Continued to send my certs in every Wednesday to the address on the certs as my doctors receptionist told me the local office weren’t accepting them anymore.

Since the €33 on the 18th October I have received absolutely nothing. I’m currently nearly 35 weeks pregnant and this is obviously something I could do without having to deal with but at least reading all these comments I know I’m not alone.

Contacted a local TD yesterday and she said they have a direct email to the illness benefit section and she would see if she could get a move on with the claim or see what the hold up is. Unfortunately my husband works so I’ve been told I won’t be entitled to anything from the CWO and even if I did get something it would hold my claim up anyway!

Guys twitter and contacting TDs seems to be the best route. After speaking with the gentleman in the IB section yesterday, every single cent I am owed was in my account this morning. I had to hound on twitter and contacted TDs, in order to get in contact with someone. Im not in anyway political but lets just say the TDs offices who actually took the time to help out surprised me.

One independant TD sent this email he received after contacting the minister. Still no actual accountability and its clearly not a timing issue as people havent been paid in weeks.

To: Regina Doherty/Members/Oireachtas@HOUSES,
    Date: 18/10/2018 12:53
    Subject: Update on Ilness Benefit
    Sent by: John Dollard

Dear TD/Senator,

UPDATE ON ILLNESS BENEFIT

The Department of Employment Affairs and Social Protection is currently experiencing difficulties arising from the changeover to a new IT system for illness benefit.
    The Department has recently moved from a payment in arrears system to a real-time payment system for illness Benefit. The new system has been introduced to speed up initial payments on new claims and provide a more efficient service to customers.

The transition from the old to the new model has involved moving from a system of payment one week in arrears to payment during the current week for claims and certificates received during that week. Arising from this change a payment timing issue has arisen for a number of customers leading to higher than expected payments in some weeks followed by lower than expected payments being made in other weeks.

The Department has assured customers that – where issues have arisen – that these are issues of timing and that all illness benefit customers will be paid the correct amount for the period of their certified illness. The Department has acknowledged that these issues have caused difficulties for some customers, leading to a large volume of calls to its helpline and long delays in responding to calls. In order to address this, the Department is taking urgent action to deploy additional staff to manage customer calls.

If customers have any further queries with regard to their own payments, they can call 1890 928 400 or email illnessbenefit@welfare.ie and we will endeavour to reply as soon as possible.

Finally any customers who have financial concerns arising from the move to the new system can apply to the Department’s Community Welfare Services to receive an interim payment.

For further information, please see FAQs attached.

(See attached file: Illness Benefit FAQs.doc)

Regina Doherty TD
    Minister for Employment & Social Protection

Tel: 01-8257204
    6A Millview,
    Fairyhouse Road,
    Ratoath,
    Co. Meath

• Registered Users Posts: 9 GameOfMahomes

Folks it's getting ridiculous - check this out

Been on Illness Benefit since start of September - first 4 weeks were grand - payment went into bank account every week right on time without fail.

First week of October my payment was short about 60 quid - was assured it would be backdated and I would get it

Next week, no payment at all - I go to the CWO - writes me a cheque, no complaints, payment issue will be rectified soon.

Third week - again, no payment, trip to CWO, another cheque for 196, not a major inconvenience to me so I don't mind

Last week, no payment, venture to CWO, cheque, sorted, happy as can be.

THEN -

Wake up yesterday after the bank holiday weekend and cheque my mobile banking - 650 quid payment from Illness Benefit - obviously the 3 weeks plus the 50 quid arrears - guessing there is no liaising between CWO and IB at the moment and it looks like a free for all

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭swpb

I am literally getting chest pains now from the stress and anxiety this is causing me . Someone needs to be held accountable for the mess i cannot believe how long it is going on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 335 ✭✭NickD

Today I got €102 into my account. I have no idea what is happening or where the rest of my money is

I finally got payment up to last week - so all arrears nothing for this week.
    Let's see if I get anymore.
    At least it meant that my direct debits were paid and if I don't eat* (and get one more payment this month) I can juuust about pay this months mortgage.

*my elderly mother, bless her, buys me things "to keep me going" in M&S when she's doing her shopping. This week I will be living on Eve's Pudding and some strange looking sausages called Posh Dogs.

It's beyond a joke.

nicrob08 wrote: »
    One independant TD sent this email he received after contacting the minister. Still no actual accountability and its clearly not a timing issue as people havent been paid in weeks.

To: Regina Doherty/Members/Oireachtas@HOUSES,
    Date: 18/10/2018 12:53
    Subject: Update on Ilness Benefit
    Sent by: John Dollard

Dear TD/Senator,

UPDATE ON ILLNESS BENEFIT

The Department of Employment Affairs and Social Protection is currently experiencing difficulties arising from the changeover to a new IT system for illness benefit.
    The Department has recently moved from a payment in arrears system to a real-time payment system for illness Benefit. The new system has been introduced to speed up initial payments on new claims and provide a more efficient service to customers.

The transition from the old to the new model has involved moving from a system of payment one week in arrears to payment during the current week for claims and certificates received during that week. Arising from this change a payment timing issue has arisen for a number of customers leading to higher than expected payments in some weeks followed by lower than expected payments being made in other weeks.

The Department has assured customers that – where issues have arisen – that these are issues of timing and that all illness benefit customers will be paid the correct amount for the period of their certified illness. The Department has acknowledged that these issues have caused difficulties for some customers, leading to a large volume of calls to its helpline and long delays in responding to calls. In order to address this, the Department is taking urgent action to deploy additional staff to manage customer calls.

If customers have any further queries with regard to their own payments, they can call 1890 928 400 or email illnessbenefit@welfare.ie and we will endeavour to reply as soon as possible.

Finally any customers who have financial concerns arising from the move to the new system can apply to the Department’s Community Welfare Services to receive an interim payment.

For further information, please see FAQs attached.

(See attached file: Illness Benefit FAQs.doc)

Regina Doherty TD
    Minister for Employment & Social Protection

Tel: 01-8257204
    6A Millview,
    Fairyhouse Road,
    Ratoath,
    Co. Meath

Annnd what about the "missing certs" Minister?
    Mick Barry TD was told by DSP/IB that certs put into the dedicated box in Hanover St in Cork were "missing" - is that a timing issue too? :mad:

Plascebo wrote: »

They have been on long-term illness benefit and have to submit a 6-monthly illness benefit cert for a number of years now.

Their payments have not been affected over the years but suddenly, with the new certificate in place (which they posted last Friday to the correct PO Box in a stamped envelope), this week they have been paid only €33.

Anyone else on the 6-monthly cert had similar issues as the previous posts only refer to weekly/monthly certs?

Thanks in advance.

See my posts.
    I experienced the same.

• Advertisement

Just checked my account.
    Raining money here now.
    Got a huge lump of money thrown at me- all arrears paid.
    I hope I will be ok every week now.

hawthorne wrote: »
    Just checked my account.
    Raining money here now.
    Got a huge lump of money thrown at me- all arrears paid.
    I hope I will be ok every week now.

Delighted for you hopefully all will be sorted now. Please complain anyway as it was a totally unacceptable ****storm

Finally got through to someone after holding for 59 minutes, he asked for my pps no. I gave him the first 2 numbers and the phone mysteriously got cut off. What is actually going on!

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭Sunshine lollipop

I’ve been following this thread for a while now and just thought I would share what’s happening with me.

I was signed off sick 10th October, sent my forms in and all and got a payment on 18th October of €33. A few days later received a letter saying I had been awarded the €198 a week. Continued to send my certs in every Wednesday to the address on the certs as my doctors receptionist told me the local office weren’t accepting them anymore.

Since the €33 on the 18th October I have received absolutely nothing. I’m currently nearly 35 weeks pregnant and this is obviously something I could do without having to deal with but at least reading all these comments I know I’m not alone.

Contacted a local TD yesterday and she said they have a direct email to the illness benefit section and she would see if she could get a move on with the claim or see what the hold up is. Unfortunately my husband works so I’ve been told I won’t be entitled to anything from the CWO and even if I did get something it would hold my claim up anyway!

You should swap your claim to maternity benefit. You won’t experience delays on that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 604 ✭✭✭tempura

Plascebo wrote: »

Thanks in advance.

My husband is also on six month certs, posted new back dated new cert last Friday to usual PO Box address, He did sent a cover letter outlaying all missed payments etc and a polite request to address as soon as possible. Original old cert was posted in early September but that was lost ( apparently ) . Got three weeks arrears today which is a relief, however wonder will normal Friday payment go in tomorrow as is due on usual schedule . We wait and see. The arrears payment was however 33 Euro over, I don't know what this means ! Perhaps it will all go tits up again.

At this stage I'm just relieved that some reasonable living costs can be met, but it wouldn't surprise me if it all goes wrong again. There seems to be no consistency.

Don't mean to sound unappreciative as I'm aware there are people in far worse circumstances then us, its just a shambles really.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Stelmaka

Hi,my husband is on illness benefit since 27th September 2018. He had operation on his back 2 weeks ago. He has not received any sick payment yet after receiving letter about granting 198 per week. We try to call and contact by emal them and same no answers

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭Undercover

Finally got through to someone after holding for 59 minutes, he asked for my pps no. I gave him the first 2 numbers and the phone mysteriously got cut off. What is actually going on!

Apparently phone providers cut off calls after 60 mins automatically. That's what I've heard.

Stelmaka wrote: »
    Hi,my husband is on illness benefit since 27th September 2018. He had operation on his back 2 weeks ago. He has not received any sick payment yet after receiving letter about granting 198 per week. We try to call and contact by emal them and same no answers

My advice is to contact your TD.
    It seems to be the only way.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Robdrajv

My wife send a claim on 01 August, she was paid once in October (04/10) for only 3 weeks. Like you guys we spend a lot of time on phones, been told that she will be paid in 3 working days, we also send emails without any answer. 20 working days her complain was registered with case number, no answer. What else we can do ?

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Bukowski69

Sod this for a caper. Trying to take the time to write in a considered addition to this thread and keep being bloody well logged off for taking too long. So here's my contribution: I'm ****ing sick of this ****! I'm mad as Hell and I'm not gonna take it anymore! Scream it out of your windows, people: "I'm mad as Hell and I'm not gonna take it anymore!"

• Advertisement

Undercover wrote: »
    Apparently phone providers cut off calls after 60 mins automatically. That's what I've heard.

Usually the phone cuts off after 1 hr 2/3 mins, it’s like he hung up the phone. He wasn’t the most pleasant, but I definitely didn’t give him reason to hang up. I’d like to think the phone provider cut the phone call as it doesn’t say a lot for him if he did.

Just had Jack chambers canvassing my area. Not a ff man but i outlined this issue at my door to him.
    He said he was well aware of it. That's fine but something needs to be done about it.
    I wasn't just speaking for myself, I was speaking for everyone affected by this shambles.

Bukowski69 wrote: »
    Sod this for a caper. Trying to take the time to write in a considered addition to this thread and keep being bloody well logged off for taking too long. So here's my contribution: I'm ****ing sick of this ****! I'm mad as Hell and I'm not gonna take it anymore! Scream it out of your windows, people: "I'm mad as Hell and I'm not gonna take it anymore!"

I understand your frustration. But please be civilized when you deal with DoSP workers:
    https://www.irishtimes.com/news/health/civil-servants-get-abusive-calls-over-delayed-illness-benefit-payments-1.3610380

The fight is not only between the DoSP and the two doctors union, but also between the managment of the DoSP ( Regina Doherty and senior managment) and the lower clerks- means the "ordinary" desk workers dealing with the certs and customers.
    We are right in the middle of this mess.

hawthorne wrote: »
    I understand your frustration. But please be civilized when you deal with DoSP workers:
    https://www.irishtimes.com/news/health/civil-servants-get-abusive-calls-over-delayed-illness-benefit-payments-1.3610380

The fight is not only between the DoSP and the two doctors union, but also between the managment of the DoSP ( Regina Doherty and senior managment) and the lower clerks- means the "ordinary" desk workers dealing with the certs and customers.
    We are right in the middle of this mess.

I agree with this. The people that get paid the least are getting all the abuse because the people upstairs don't care.
    I never abuse anyone because it really gets you nowhere.
    All these abusive calls are just ruining a normal persons day.
    I work a stressful job and the last thing you need is someone shouting down the phone to you.

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭Sunshine lollipop

How long were people waiting for release of payment when they received their letter to say illness benefit was awarded?

I’ve been on illness less than a year, I was given an underpayment on the 12th October & nothing since. I was told my credits had stopped.

I then received a letter yesterday telling me that I have been certified from that date to present & that my payment was due to stop early next year.

I can’t get through to illness themselves & the staff in general enquiries are unhelpful & rude.

They’ve caused me any amount of unnecessary stress. Not keen on spending hours on the phone to be cut off. It’s a phone bill I can’t afford to pay when I have no income.

How long were people waiting for release of payment when they received their letter to say illness benefit was awarded?

I’ve been on illness less than a year, I was given an underpayment on the 12th October & nothing since. I was told my credits had stopped.

I then received a letter yesterday telling me that I have been certified from that date to present & that my payment was due to stop early next year.

I can’t get through to illness themselves & the staff in general enquiries are unhelpful & rude.

They’ve caused me any amount of unnecessary stress. Not keen on spending hours on the phone to be cut off. It’s a phone bill I can’t afford to pay when I have no income.

I received a letter dated 16th October saying I had been awarded it. Since the 16th I’ve received €33 and that’s it, nothing else since.

I received a letter dated 16th October saying I had been awarded it. Since the 16th I’ve received €33 and that’s it, nothing else since.

I don't think I got a letter to say it was awarded. The only letter i got from them was to say they acknowledge that there have been delays due to the system change.

BohsCeltic wrote: »
    I don't think I got a letter to say it was awarded. The only letter i got from them was to say they acknowledge that there have been delays due to the system change.

I got the same letter and one saying it had been awarded, they came a few days apart. It’s shocking how they expect people to live on next to nothing. I’m not too bad because I’ll be moving to Maternity Pay at the end of this month but reading from some people on here it’s horrendous!

A miracle has occurred and my full payment for this week was in my a/c this morning.

I really would urge everyone experiencing problems to contact their TD. If enough TD's are getting complaints and demands that questions are asked in the Dail we might get some answers as well as people getting their money.
    When you write to your TD make sure you outline the exact issues you have been experiencing - nonpayment/missing certs/erratic payments/ partial payments/inability to contact IB etc, give them the evidence to blow the DSP's b.s. about it all being a "timing issue" out of the water.

So far Mick Barry and Roisin Shorthall have said they will be raising questions. We need this to be cross party, FF/FG/SF etc ALL need to be demanding answers too - to make that happen we need to bombard them with complaints.

I have to say I wasn't impressed with how Liveline handled it yesterday - although I didn't hear it all - the part I heard people were being very honest about the difficulties they are experiencing but all I was hearing from the presenter (not Joe, don't know his name, Phillip?) was platitudes and the DSP PR line.

• Advertisement

Bannasidhe wrote: »
    A miracle has occurred and my full payment for this week was in my a/c this morning.

I really would urge everyone experiencing problems to contact their TD. If enough TD's are getting complaints and demands that questions are asked in the Dail we might get some answers as well as people getting their money.
    When you write to your TD make sure you outline the exact issues you have been experiencing - nonpayment/missing certs/erratic payments/ partial payments/inability to contact IB etc, give them the evidence to blow the DSP's b.s. about it all being a "timing issue" out of the water.

So far Mick Barry and Roisin Shorthall have said they will be raising questions. We need this to be cross party, FF/FG/SF etc ALL need to be demanding answers too - to make that happen we need to bombard them with complaints.

I have to say I wasn't impressed with how Liveline handled it yesterday - although I didn't hear it all - the part I heard people were being very honest about the difficulties they are experiencing but all I was hearing from the presenter (not Joe, don't know his name, Phillip?) was platitudes and the DSP PR line.

I have already contacted SF and FG.
    Jack chambers was surprised when his canvasser called him over to my door and explaining everything.
    I was told I would get a call on Monday.
    I have to ring SF again today. Not going to bother anymore with FG as I just got the usual letter saying they are looking into it .

Advertisement