Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Illness benefit problems since new form

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,947 ✭✭✭✭banie01

Got paid this morning, a day short again.
    On the brightside the other 8 days owed were paid over the weekend, So I am only a day down at this point.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭Flippyfloppy

Update on my situation. I resent a copy of my unanswered letter of complaint into the illness benefit. I asked for a response in five working days, as the first time I didn’t actually ask for a response, so I wanted to cross my t’s and dot my i’s so I could complain to the ombudsman.

I got my response today, in the form of an illness benefit review- apparently I have been selected for one!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,420 ✭✭✭splinter65

Update on my situation. I resent a copy of my unanswered letter of complaint into the illness benefit. I asked for a response in five working days, as the first time I didn’t actually ask for a response, so I wanted to cross my t’s and dot my i’s so I could complain to the ombudsman.

I got my response today, in the form of an illness benefit review- apparently I have been selected for one!

Ok move on to the next stage of complaint pointing out that you got no response to your initial complaint and indeed, were singled out for a review, you feel, as a result of said complaint.
    Once again ask for a response in 5 working days.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,780 ✭✭✭alie

Whiplashy wrote: »
    I’m on illness benefit long term so all my savings are wiped out. Today I had to go to the GP and go on medication for anxiety because of all this nonsense. I do suffer from anxiety but it’s been years since I’ve had to be medicated. So the illness benefit has actually added to my medical issues. I’m due to get bloods done, I can’t afford it. Next week I’ll be due to get my prescription filled, I can’t afford it. My emails have been ignored, calls go unanswered and tweets have had no reply. I give up.
    I'm out sick since the end of July. My application is pending. That is all I keep hearing. After many emails written letters. Phone calls promising to sort it out. I went into local office this morning and saw someone who said hopefully it will be sorted. I'm giving it till the end of the week. Keep in at them.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 cakefor4

Hi , Looking for a bit of advice . Has anyone applied for illness benefit recently, that has had their claim disallowed ?
    I applied for illness benefit on 16th October , being the last day of my maternity leave , having suffered from pnd and stress felt unable to return to work as yet . I went to local social welfare office today to see if there was anything on the system regarding my application , only to be told my application has been disallowed . I have worked on a continuous basis for the past 4 years and all my prsi contributions are up to date . I've had no correspondence from the department whatsoever.
    I've been able to manage financially up to now , but was told to make contact with the community welfare officer. Having spoke to her this afternoon , even she was baffled as to why my application was disallowed . If anyone has any insight or advice on this , I'd really appreciate it .

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭Debs91

Hi all,

I was off work due to an ankle injury for one week only, what pay am I entitled to for this if any?

Moreover, I've already sent in an Illness Benefit form and was told that you're not due payment for the first week off sick.

I appreciate any help on this.

Debs

• Registered Users Posts: 1,584 ✭✭✭BohsCeltic

Debs91 wrote: »
    Hi all,

I was off work due to an ankle injury for one week only, what pay am I entitled to for this if any?

Moreover, I've already sent in an Illness Benefit form and was told that you're not due payment for the first week off sick.

I appreciate any help on this.

Debs

You don't get paid for the first 6 days so you won't get any payment.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 335 ✭✭NickD

Did anyone get payment today? I thought my payment came in on Wednesday but there's nothing there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

I get paid every wednesday and mine wasnt in either this morning

• Advertisement

Nothing again today

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭Sunshine lollipop

How long did it take for your arrears to come through after phoning to get the issue fixed?

I’m told they will be in my bank Thursday, however, I’m not holding out much hope as I’ve been told lots of fibs since it started.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 616 ✭✭✭hawthorne

As stated above I got all my missing payments last week.
    Today I got my weekly payment on my account as always on a Wednesday before the DoSP f.cked up everything.
    I am on a 6 month cert and will probably face no further problems until next March when a new cert is due.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,625 ✭✭✭Lefty Bicek

I have been back at work since October 1st. My Final Cert payment, has still not been paid to me.

Since returning to work, my income tax has increased by ~70 per week.

Reason for that, as explained to me by Revenue on 25/10 when I queried it- Illness Benefit people have not informed them that I have returned to work.

The lady I spoke to at Revenue was most helpful, and I was issued a new Tax Credit Certificate, same day.

Still, between the 'emergency tax' and the payment I'm waiting for, (not allowing for lower tax credits now), I'd say I'm down about 400, since returning to work.

Anyone else experiencing similar ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

wonski wrote: »
    Received missing week payment today :)

Now I hope the Wednesday payment comes through as normal, not like last time.

Surprise surprise. No money received today :(

No idea if the extra payment last week was the missing payment from weeks ago or the payment that I should have received today.

They probably don't know either...

Forced to take at least one more week off from work and not knowing when and how much you get is annoying.

I have been back at work since October 1st. My Final Cert payment, has still not been paid to me.

Since returning to work, my income tax has increased by ~70 per week.

Reason for that, as explained to me by Revenue on 25/10 when I queried it- Illness Benefit people have not informed them that I have returned to work.

The lady I spoke to at Revenue was most helpful, and I was issued a new Tax Credit Certificate, same day.

Still, between the 'emergency tax' and the payment I'm waiting for, (not allowing for lower tax credits now), I'd say I'm down about 400, since returning to work.

Anyone else experiencing similar ?

I was told by the CWO that you can still apply for SWA to cover you untill you get your wages once back working.

• Advertisement

BohsCeltic wrote: »
    I was told by the CWO that you can still apply for SWA to cover you untill you get your wages once back working.

Thanks, good info for someone.

We have enough to manage until it gets sorted, but it's for sure others are not so fortunate.

An absolute disgrace of a situation.

I got a call from Leinster house. It was from Jack Chambers office.
    They wanted my pps number to investigate my claim but I said I wasn't doing this for myself, I was doing it for everyone to see how people who work are being treated like animals.

He was quite surprised but also very sympathetic that I wasn't just raising this shambles for my own benefit.
    He said he has been on the phone all day to people in the same position as all of us.
    We will see what happens.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,104 ✭✭✭Whiplashy

€165 into my account this morning. I really don’t know where they’re getting these random numbers from. Two payments in one week though so I’m not going to complain! Only another €280 to go until I’m paid up to date.

• Registered Users Posts: 538 ✭✭✭colmufc

€99 today, I'm really at the end of my wick now I just can't understand how they have arrived at this number and I've to travel 35mins this morning to my dentist and then 50mins the other way to see if I can get to my cwo so I can get something to pay the bills
    I actually feel sick with the stress

Finally, I am after getting through to 01-7043300, and I'm sorted! So anyone still waiting on payments should try phoning today. Best of luck!

• Advertisement

Third payment this week gone in...€495. Back to being overpaid. What on earth are they doing?!

Not a penny this week. Again

NickD wrote: »
    Not a penny this week. Again

Have you tried contacting your local TD to see will they help? I was going to give that a try this week but I didn’t end up needing to. I really hope you get sorted soon.

Have you tried contacting your local TD to see will they help? I was going to give that a try this week but I didn’t end up needing to. I really hope you get sorted soon.

Yeah I did, he sent me a copy of the letter they sent everyone. That was helpful. I'm generally getting a week sorted then two/ three weeks of nothing and on and on it goes

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33 Vermelho

Third payment this week gone in...€495. Back to being overpaid. What on earth are they doing?!

I got three payments this week also, so could be back to being overpaid but it’s hard to tell, I can’t quite figure out how they are calculating it these days.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,218 ✭✭✭✭Bannasidhe

So last week I got 5 weeks arrears on Thursday and last weeks payment on Friday - this week nothing so far. :mad:

Vermelho wrote: »
    I got three payments this week also, so could be back to being overpaid but it’s hard to tell, I can’t quite figure out how they are calculating it these days.

Neither can they.

wonski wrote: »
    Surprise surprise. No money received today :(

No idea if the extra payment last week was the missing payment from weeks ago or the payment that I should have received today.

They probably don't know either...

Forced to take at least one more week off from work and not knowing when and how much you get is annoying.

Well I got 198 today, so looks like my payment day changed perhaps.

I don't even know any more. Glad to see the money.

No contact regarding my earlier complaint, though.

• Registered Users Posts: 45 Bubabear

Can anyone tell me how it shows up in online banking?? I had been on illness benefit but subsequently had to have my baby 11 weeks early so moved to maternity benefit. I was told I was awarded my mat benefit on Wed back dates to day baby was born 3 weeks ago. A lodgement of 400 was put into my bank but can't figure if it's illness or maternity??

Bubabear wrote: »
    Can anyone tell me how it shows up in online banking?? I had been on illness benefit but subsequently had to have my baby 11 weeks early so moved to maternity benefit. I was told I was awarded my mat benefit on Wed back dates to day baby was born 3 weeks ago. A lodgement of 400 was put into my bank but can't figure if it's illness or maternity??

It will just say CT department of social on your statement. Illness benefit is 198 per week.
    But it's hard to know what you got because of all the irregular payments people have been getting.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭Hesthea

I returned to work 2 weeks ago and so far i have only received 1 week. 4 weeks are still missing.

Yeah just says CT dept of social welfare. I dunno what it is because it doesn't cover either payments due

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,218 ✭✭✭✭Bannasidhe

Bannasidhe wrote: »
    So last week I got 5 weeks arrears on Thursday and last weeks payment on Friday - this week nothing so far. :mad:

Payment came through this morning - and several house later I got my first ever text from the DSP telling me when my next cert was due :rolleyes:

At least now I have Nov's mortgage payment if there are any more "issues"... sure who needs food anyway...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,947 ✭✭✭✭banie01

So my GP issued my monthly cert today, on the old form and they have still yet to receive any of the "new" forms.
    Will be interesting to see how my payment due tmrw is handled.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 419 ✭✭channaigh

And wrong again 90 euros logged in
    2 weeks no problem

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Bukowski69

For recent Dail Questions and updates from The Minister for Social Protection, please paste Dail Committees November Illness Benefit onto a google page to search. The first two items on the page are from Thursday 8th November and Tuesday 13th November.

Bukowski69 wrote: »
    For recent Dail Questions and updates from The Minister for Social Protection, please paste Dail Committees November Illness Benefit onto a google page to search. The first two items on the page are from Thursday 8th November and Tuesday 13th November.

"All arrears have been paid. There may be cases in which arrears are still due"

This just sums it up.

All arrears paid hahaha I still havent received my payment due since July or the payment owed to me since October. Have been told numerous times it will be sorted but...... nothing

Is the address for certs free post?

P.O. Box 1650
    Dublin 1

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,047 ✭✭✭Clonmel1000

Is the address for certs free post?

P.O. Box 1650
    Dublin 1

Yes.

Yes.

I never knew it was free post, lol. I've been putting stamps on all mine, my own fault for not reading the whole new form :mad:

BohsCeltic wrote: »
    I never knew it was free post, lol. I've been putting stamps on all mine, my own fault for not reading the whole new form :mad:

It doesn't say freepost on the form, but they arrive. At your own risk, though.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭Flippyfloppy

Yes.

What?!?

Got paid but the bank took 175 again despite them saying they wouldn't. Another nightmare again.

Another question, can you apply for disability allowance whilst on illness before it runs out?

• Advertisement

Another question, can you apply for disability allowance whilst on illness before it runs out?

Yes you can. I’ve just sent off an application for invalidity. It’s probably the best option as it takes ages to get the applications processed.

Yes of course but if your on Illness Benefit then you should apply for both invalidity pension and da and see what happens. The invalidity pension is much better then DA

splinter65 wrote: »
    Yes of course but if your on Illness Benefit then you should apply for both invalidity pension and da and see what happens. The invalidity pension is much better then DA

I can’t as invalidity requires I have the necessary credits. Mine are due to run out & the doctor has deemed me unfit to go back to work so I can’t work the 13 weeks before reapplying.

I can’t as invalidity requires I have the necessary credits. Mine are due to run out & the doctor has deemed me unfit to go back to work so I can’t work the 13 weeks before reapplying.

I don’t think you are understanding the PRSI requirements.
    What were you doing in 2016? Were you working? Were you on Illness Benefit ?were you working for some of the year and on IB for the rest? Just 2016 now or 2015. I’ll tell you if you have the PRSI or not.

splinter65 wrote: »
    I don’t think you are understanding the PRSI requirements.
    What were you doing in 2016? Were you working? Were you on Illness Benefit ?were you working for some of the year and on IB for the rest? Just 2016 now or 2015. I’ll tell you if you have the PRSI or not.

I was working from September time. I only went on illness in 2017 at sometime due to hypermensis, from there to maternity & back to illness with Graves’ disease. They’ve told me they’re due to run out in January because I applied in January 2018.

• Advertisement
Advertisement