Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Illness benefit problems since new form

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,420 ✭✭✭splinter65

I was working from September time. I only went on illness in 2017 at sometime due to hypermensis, from there to maternity & back to illness with Graves’ disease. They’ve told me they’re due to run out in January because I applied in January 2018.

If you were working in 2017 then on Illness then on maternity and then on Illness again then to me you were firstly paying a contribution and then you were getting credits for the rest of the year so it’s entirely possible that you have enough for invalidity pension.
    It’s also possible that you have enough from 2016 either. Please apply for the invalidity too. I think I said 16 and 15 in a previous post that was a mistake please forgive me.

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭Sunshine lollipop

splinter65 wrote: »
    If you were working in 2017 then on Illness then on maternity and then on Illness again then to me you were firstly paying a contribution and then you were getting credits for the rest of the year so it’s entirely possible that you have enough for invalidity pension.
    It’s also possible that you have enough from 2016 either. Please apply for the invalidity too. I think I said 16 and 15 in a previous post that was a mistake please forgive me.

I’ll private mail you later. I received a letter at my request to see exactly ho many credits I have.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

I haven't received any payments this week :mad:

Surely it is still not fixed 100%.

Maybe tomorrow, but my payment days are all over the place now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,218 ✭✭✭✭Bannasidhe

wonski wrote: »

I'm the same. Last week it was Sat so hoping it turns up tomorrow.

Does anyone know what happens around Xmas/New Year. Just found out today my surgery won't be for at least 4 months so wondering what happens over the holidays :eek:

Just received it now.

Sure they can pay whenever they feel like. What a joke.

Glad I got it, though.

Just received it now.

Sure they can pay whenever they feel like. What a joke.

Glad I got it, though.

No sign of mine :(

Bannasidhe wrote: »
    No sign of mine :(

Shocking. God be with the days the IB arrived by Cheque in the post on a Wednesday.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 cakefor4

If you receive a rate of €155.10 per week , what rate should child dependants be paid . Eventually after applying on 17th October , I got paid €155.10 on Friday but nothing for my 3 children . I phoned up to discover the children hadn't been added on to the claim , the lady I spoke to was really unhelpful , she said she'd pass it on but couldn't tell me what rate the children would get .I was told to phone back Tuesday . Really need to budget going forward , any help would be appreciated , thanks

cakefor4 wrote: »
    If you receive a rate of €155.10 per week , what rate should child dependants be paid . Eventually after applying on 17th October , I got paid €155.10 on Friday but nothing for my 3 children . I phoned up to discover the children hadn't been added on to the claim , the lady I spoke to was really unhelpful , she said she'd pass it on but couldn't tell me what rate the children would get .I was told to phone back Tuesday . Really need to budget going forward , any help would be appreciated , thanks

If the gross income of your partner is between €310 and €400 per week you will get €15.90 per week per child
    If his/her gross income is more than €400 you won’t get any
    If any of those kids are between 18 and 22 you won’t get anything anyway until you’ve been on IB for 156 days
    The full rate is €31.80
    If you’re on your own you can go to the CWO to get your rate of payment made up to the SWA rate which is €196 + €31.80 for each dependent child

• Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭Hesthea

If the gross income of your partner is between €310 and €400 per week you will get €15.90 per week per child
    If his/her gross income is more than €400 you won’t get any
    If any of those kids are between 18 and 22 you won’t get anything anyway until you’ve been on IB for 156 days
    The full rate is €31.80
    If you’re on your own you can go to the CWO to get your rate of payment made up to the SWA rate which is €196 + €31.80 for each dependent child

You won't get the extra for each dependent child if you are in receipt of any payment from welfare either.

And i still haven't received the other half of my payments... and i have returned to work because i needed money even though i'm still in pain.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

I was receiving illness benefit from may, returned to work in sept not long aftrr the new forms were introduced. Left in my final cert in sept & payments stopped 1 week later. All good until last thursday i received 1287€ into my bank. I have been heavily taxed since i went back to work (repaying maternity & illness benefit tax), so thought maybe it was a refund, paid a load of bills, then 2 days later got another €198. Realised it is more than likely illness benefit, so tried phoning, no answer, sent an email, got an email back last monday saying they have no record of my final cert, let them know when i returned to work & they would sign me off, i gave them this info & this morning another €198 into my bank!! Bear in mind i havent sent a cert in since i signed off back in September, it seems they are not paying some people who actually are suppsoed to be paid & paying people who are not even off sick! I am worried now about them looking for the money back, i have kept both €198s i received but that first lump is long gone!! I sent another email today so we will see how that goes!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭ash23

cakefor4 wrote: »

I didn't get payment for my dependents, just for myself but I should have been able to claim.
    I rang them during the week and spoke to someone who also said she couldn't see why I hadn't been paid for dependents but fixed it and said I should get the arrears next week for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 MasieDaisy

Illness benefit is a joke. I was out sick from work at the start of September for about 2 and half weeks. I filled out all my certs on time posted them off and two weeks after going back to work I got a letter about my claim. No Payment to date. I'm only owed a small amount but to me it's a lot and well needed. I rang one week 10 times over the course of a week to no one answering the phone on hold for over 30 mins. Eventually I rang on the minute the call centre was open to be told the case was never opened and I should receive payment on the next 3/4 days ... grand I thought... nothing! I rang again and was told to ring my bank. They had no payment from illness benefit at all

I rang today to call out my iban number to be told it didn't match up with what I had wrote on the form??? So hense why no payment. I now have to wait for a call back which i was advised could take a week or longer.

I just don't get this whole system at all? It's so stressful. Any one the same about the Iban being wrong?

No payment for me for last week :mad:

Been trying to get through on phone but same old same old there. Fired off an email too.

My GP has moved to the new forms as of this week and that cert posted today. Lets see if I get my payment this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,625 ✭✭✭Lefty Bicek

Still waiting on Final Cert payment which I submitted late September.

I'm still struggling to believe that this could be happening in Ireland in 2018.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 mags4k

I’ve to do a medical review surprise surprise because I submitted an official complaint, which a reply is due on today. What a coincidence.

mags4k wrote: »
    I’ve to do a medical review surprise surprise because I submitted an official complaint, which a reply is due on today. What a coincidence.

That’s shocking really. Please complain.

That’s shocking really. Please complain.

I have every intention of doing so. Scare tactics don’t work with me after what they put me through.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭Flippyfloppy

mags4k wrote: »

Exact same thing happened to me!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,947 ✭✭✭✭banie01

I've had 3 medical review letters issue over the past 2 months.
    The 1st one was returned via post with an emailed copy sent in just to have a more definite record.
    The subsequent 2, I just printed and sent a copy of the original and have heard nothing back since.

I did receive a letter from the Dept, at the direction of the Minister this morning apologising for the issue and rehashing her answers to the Oireacthas of the 15/11.

Exact same thing happened to me!

It’s not on, as if they didn’t cause enough stress

• Registered Users Posts: 46 PoolBall

I just looked at my phone bill. 26 euro in phone charges from last month's fiasco, and I never actually got through. Guess I will use Twitter next time.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,584 ✭✭✭BohsCeltic

Nothing today.
    So much for it being fixed. It's like a lottery still.
    Black Friday indeed.

BohsCeltic wrote: »
    Nothing today.
    So much for it being fixed. It's like a lottery still.
    Black Friday indeed.

I got a payment today but I'm not sure if that's last week's missing or this weeks :confused:

Is there anywhere you can check what payments have been received for which dates? Or am I asking for too much joined-up thinking?

Bannasidhe wrote: »
    I got a payment today but I'm not sure if that's last week's missing or this weeks :confused:

Is there anywhere you can check what payments have been received for which dates? Or am I asking for too much joined-up thinking?

I filtered transactions in my online banking which gave me list and dates of all payments received. Not sure if that's what you want.

Also logged on to revenue and there is an information when IB started, along with amended tax credits unfortunately.

• Advertisement

Went to see CWO as I thought it would be quicker than ringing IB.
    They have been instructed not to give SWA anymore.
    On her system she could see no payment was issued so she's going to call IB and call me back this afternoon.
    More stress and hassle.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 335 ✭✭NickD

Went to see CWO as I thought it would be quicker than ringing IB.
    They have been instructed not to give SWA anymore.
    On her system she could see no payment was issued so she's going to call IB and call me back this afternoon.
    More stress and hassle.

Did you hear anything back? I didn't get my payment yesterday either

NickD wrote: »
    Did you hear anything back? I didn't get my payment yesterday either

Yes I called her yesterday afternoon. She was really nice.
    She had contacted IB but hadn't heard back from them which is no suprise so she issued me a one off payment.
    I was told that 99% of people have been paid so we are the unlucky 1%.
    I can just sense having the same problem next week.

I wasn't feeling that great yesterday so the last thing I wanted to do was a 6k walk in the cold but I had no other choice as I need food and heating and fed up borrowing money.
    It's embarrassing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 335 ✭✭NickD

Yes I called her yesterday afternoon. She was really nice.
    She had contacted IB but hadn't heard back from them which is no suprise so she issued me a one off payment.
    I was told that 99% of people have been paid so we are the unlucky 1%.
    I can just sense having the same problem next week.

I wasn't feeling that great yesterday so the last thing I wanted to do was a 6k walk in the cold but I had no other choice as I need food and heating and fed up borrowing money.
    It's embarrassing.

It is, you'd just get sick and tired of it. Just wish it was just sorted once and for all, we've enough to be dealing with.

Just emailed my TD as I am sick of trying to get through to IB about my missing payment - I have also emailed IB and even popped a letter in with my cert last week.

I had a look at my bank details and I am being paid approx every 10 days :mad:

Applied originally end of Sept and my payments to date have been:

My payments to date have been:
    01/11 = (arrears)
    02/11 = 1 week's payment (week beginning 29th/10)
    12/11 = 1 week's payment (week beginning 5th/11)
    23/11 = 1 week's payment (week beginning 19th/11).

Issues fixed my hole!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,210 ✭✭✭fitzparker

If you receive a payment at the moment of €155 for 2016 and wages were higher in 2017. Will the payment go up a band in JanuaryI if that's how it's calculated?

While waiting for disability to be granted when illness claim ended, how is supplement allowance paid? Does it go into bank each week?

While waiting for disability to be granted when illness claim ended, how is supplement allowance paid? Does it go into bank each week?

SWA is heavily means tested. Have you seen the CWO?

SWA is heavily means tested. Have you seen the CWO?

Not yet. I had saved a bit & was living off that before going in. Citizens advice told me the same, that it’s heavily means tested. I’m actually terrified my disability claim will be disallowed as so many of them are.

Not yet. I had saved a bit & was living off that before going in. Citizens advice told me the same, that it’s heavily means tested. I’m actually terrified my disability claim will be disallowed as so many of them are.

Bite the bullet and head into the CWO. Did you apply for Invalidity Pension too?

Bite the bullet and head into the CWO. Did you apply for Invalidity Pension too?

Oh Christ, I totally forgot to mail you. No, I didn’t. I have all my hopes pinned on disability coming through. Doctor has deemed me unfit for at least another 6-12 months. I’ve been out a year already.

Sent you Pm

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 450 ✭✭Fagashlil

And back to not being paid. I send my (new) cert in on a Friday for the upcoming week, I normally get a €33 post dated payment for the Monday payment on a Saturday, and €165 on a Wednesday which is manageable. Now it’s month end and DD’s have hit and I’m in overdraft again.

• Registered Users Posts: 291 ✭✭natc

Sent all forms in two weeks ago with payment to be mandated to my employer and a cheque arrived today for me for the 1st week.

At least I know certs are being received and processed quickly enough but this is making a huge feck up now with my pay cos I can’t use the cheque and work should be getting the payment not me....

Not sure how they managed this at all!!

natc wrote: »
    Sent all forms in two weeks ago with payment to be mandated to my employer and a cheque arrived today for me for the 1st week.

At least I know certs are being received and processed quickly enough but this is making a huge feck up now with my pay cos I can’t use the cheque and work should be getting the payment not me....

Not sure how they managed this at all!!

Just pass the check to the payroll, at least it's not you that has to chase it now.

My company deducts ib payment at source and I am to keep all payments. Not so handy if you don't receive the payment from department.

• Advertisement

Fagashlil wrote: »
    And back to not being paid. I send my (new) cert in on a Friday for the upcoming week, I normally get a €33 post dated payment for the Monday payment on a Saturday, and €165 on a Wednesday which is manageable. Now it’s month end and DD’s have hit and I’m in overdraft again.

I used to get it on Wednesday, now it's Friday or Saturday. Fingers crossed you will get it.

Have few dd coming out at the start of the month, too so 198 euro would help a bit with that.

The worst it that you never know if and when you get it so it is hard to plan payments and bills ahead.

I used to get it on Wednesday, now it's Friday or Saturday. Fingers crossed you will get it.

Have few dd coming out at the start of the month, too so 198 euro would help a bit with that.

The worst it that you never know if and when you get it so it is hard to plan payments and bills ahead.

When I was on occupational injury it was Wednesday without fail, then after the 26 weeks I got changed to IB and it was whenever they bothered, after they “ resolved” it, was mon and Wednesday and now I guess it’s pot luck!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,841 ✭✭✭Squatter

Roughly half of them. And roughly half of that half appeal. And more than half of the appellants win their appeals.

So, at then end of the day, about 67% get DA.

Squatter wrote: »
    Roughly half of them. And roughly half of that half appeal. And more than half of the appellants win their appeals.

So, at then end of the day, about 67% get DA.

I’m jumping the gun now, but in the case of an appeal, is it the same as sending the form off again? I don’t know how they go about deciding who’s eligible & who’s not. My doctor filled it out no issues but he said himself it’s 50/50. He couldn’t say if they would class hyperthyroidism/graves as a “disability”.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,841 ✭✭✭Squatter

I’m jumping the gun now, but in the case of an appeal, is it the same as sending the form off again? I don’t know how they go about deciding who’s eligible & who’s not. My doctor filled it out no issues but he said himself it’s 50/50. He couldn’t say if they would class hyperthyroidism/graves as a “disability”.

No it isn't.

If you are turned down, then in order to win your appeal you must be able to convincingly dispute/disprove each of the grounds of the refusal. If you are able to do this then you'll probably succeed in the appeal.

In essence, the appeal needs to contain no self-serving crap or generalised whining, but a calm, forensic demolition of each ground given for the refusal. And you need to present hard facts about the effects of the disability on you on a daily basis. Ask your local Citizens Information Office to assist you in putting together the appeal. And ask for their advice on whether to request a personal hearing. Remember that, like everything else in life, doing it properly takes time - so don't leave it until the last minute. And be sure to lodge the appeal in time - miss the deadline and you're back to square one.

People need to understand that the people in DSP who assess applications are simply looking at pieces of paper. That's all they have in front of them - so those pieces of paper need to grab them by the (metaphorical) balls and shout at them "this is a genuine applicant who is completely deserving of DA". In marginal cases, the clincher might well be a consultant's letter that backs up the GP's opinion and strengthens the case. So if that is a possibility then be sure to ask for it.

Squatter wrote: »
    No it isn't.

If you are turned down, then in order to win your appeal you must be able to convincingly dispute/disprove each of the grounds of the refusal. If you are able to do this then you'll probably succeed in the appeal.

In essence, the appeal needs to contain no self-serving crap or generalised whining, but a calm, forensic demolition of each ground given for the refusal. And you need to present hard facts about the effects of the disability on you on a daily basis. Ask your local Citizens Information Office to assist you in putting together the appeal. And ask for their advice on whether to request a personal hearing. Remember that, like everything else in life, doing it properly takes time - so don't leave it until the last minute. And be sure to lodge the appeal in time - miss the deadline and you're back to square one.

People need to understand that the people in DSP who assess applications are simply looking at pieces of paper. That's all they have in front of them - so those pieces of paper need to grab them by the (metaphorical) balls and shout at them "this is a genuine applicant who is completely deserving of DA". In marginal cases, the clincher might well be a consultant's letter that backs up the GP's opinion and strengthens the case. So if that is a possibility then be sure to ask for it.

I think I’ve done all I can as regards filling the form out to the best of my knowledge & ability. It’s up to them now. My consultant doesn’t bother to see me personally, never mind write a letter. it’s an understudy that doesn’t know his arse from his elbow, putting me on medication I don’t need to be on before bloods are taken & read. My doctor has now requested he has the blood results. They told me I would have to admit myself to A&E to see a cardiologist, he wouldn’t refer me. My doctor did. I’m waiting on a referral letter & he wrote that into my file so I’m hoping it’ll stand to me.

Nothing in yet. The waiting game continues again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Nothing in yet. The waiting game continues again.

Did you get your money in the end? Think there are still problems for some of us.

Anyone know why IB is one of the few that doesn’t get the Christmas bonus?

• Advertisement

Fagashlil wrote: »
    Anyone know why IB is one of the few that doesn’t get the Christmas bonus?

The Christmas bonus is only for long term SW payments.

Advertisement