Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Illness benefit problems since new form

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭MazzR

Hi. Is Saturday a payment day?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,218 ✭✭✭✭Bannasidhe

MazzR wrote: »
    Hi. Is Saturday a payment day?

It can be - I have gotten a payment on a Saturday.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭BohsCeltic

https://www.breakingnews.ie/ireland/department-apologises-as-terminally-ill-cork-man-did-not-receive-illness-payment-in-six-weeks-892171.html

"The Department wishes to confirm that it is making its normal level of weekly payments for Illness Benefit – 50,000 per week.

"Regrettably, however, occasionally as with all schemes, we do have administrative errors which result in non-timely payments to our customers.

"We endeavour to always deliver a good service to our customers."

We are customers ?

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭gnarbarian

Hi, Does anyone know how the collection of certs works out for christmas week?
    Do I pick up 2 certs next wednesday? or do we get a payment during christmas week at all?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,218 ✭✭✭✭Bannasidhe

gnarbarian wrote: »
    Hi, Does anyone know how the collection of certs works out for christmas week?
    Do I pick up 2 certs next wednesday? or do we get a payment during christmas week at all?

I get my certs on a Monday and GP receptionist told me I have to come in on Xmas Eve and New Years Eve before 12 to get the certs and post as usual.

As far as I know there is no postal collection on Xmas Eve so my cert will be sitting in the post box until at least Thursday :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,625 ✭✭✭Lefty Bicek

BohsCeltic wrote: »
    https://www.breakingnews.ie/ireland/department-apologises-as-terminally-ill-cork-man-did-not-receive-illness-payment-in-six-weeks-892171.html

"The Department wishes to confirm that it is making its normal level of weekly payments for Illness Benefit – 50,000 per week.

"Regrettably, however, occasionally as with all schemes, we do have administrative errors which result in non-timely payments to our customers.

"We endeavour to always deliver a good service to our customers."

We are customers ?

I thought this was quite interesting...
    I have been in contact with them weekly, I hand in my certs religiously into my own local welfare office

I failed to ever get through to them.

Secondly, I thought handing in certs to local office was a thing of the past ? I had to post mine to Aras Mhic Dhiarmada.

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭gnarbarian

Bannasidhe wrote: »
    I get my certs on a Monday and GP receptionist told me I have to come in on Xmas Eve and New Years Eve before 12 to get the certs and post as usual.

As far as I know there is no postal collection on Xmas Eve so my cert will be sitting in the post box until at least Thursday :confused:

Thank you for the answer!...
    Wouldn't it be a lot simpler to do it the way I had thought? Y'know pick up 2 certs next week... the mind boggles :confused:

I was told last Monday on the phone that I'll have my payment by today-no payment in the bank but I did get the letter to say it's been awarded. It was September I was out sick. Any idea of how long from letter should I see payment? Thanks

I was told last Monday on the phone that I'll have my payment by today-no payment in the bank but I did get the letter to say it's been awarded. It was September I was out sick. Any idea of how long from letter should I see payment? Thanks

I would try to phone them again before they close for Christmas.

• Advertisement

So I rang again today and she authorised it there and then...how long should I be waiting for payment now does anyone have an idea? Could really do with it

So I rang again today and she authorised it there and then...how long should I be waiting for payment now does anyone have an idea? Could really do with it

If it was authorised there and then it should be in tomorrow or Wednesday at the latest.

If it was authorised there and then it should be in tomorrow or Wednesday at the latest.

Oh fingers crossed...thanks so much

Oh fingers crossed...thanks so much

No problem. Me and Wonski on here both rang on a Monday and payment was authorised and it was in account the next day even though the guy said to me that it would be in Wednesday (Maybe just covering himself)

Does anyone know how Christmas payments will work ? I collect my cert every Wednesday so I'm worried i won't get paid for Christmas plus new year as next week will be a holiday for both Doctor and IB.
    Really confusing now.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 mags4k

Does anyone know how Christmas payments will work ? I collect my cert every Wednesday so I'm worried i won't get paid for Christmas plus new year as next week will be a holiday for both Doctor and IB.
    Really confusing now.

I’m not too sure to be honest, I’m on monthly certs. Mine is due next Monday but my GP gave it to me yesterday. Maybe they could give you an advance cert?

• Advertisement

mags4k wrote: »
    I’m not too sure to be honest, I’m on monthly certs. Mine is due next Monday but my GP gave it to me yesterday. Maybe they could give you an advance cert?

I've just spoken to my Doctor and they will have two certs for me tomorrow morning. Last post date is December 20th so if i post tomorrow they should have them next day but i'm not sure if they will process in time.
    Shouldn't have to be worrying about this especially at Christmas.
    I'm wondering if i can personally hand the certs into IB in Store Street ?

• Registered Users Posts: 32 mags4k

I've just spoken to my Doctor and they will have two certs for me tomorrow morning. Last post date is December 20th so if i post tomorrow they should have them next day but i'm not sure if they will process in time.
    Shouldn't have to be worrying about this especially at Christmas.
    I'm wondering if i can personally hand the certs into IB in Store Street ?

That’s one less thing to be worrying about anyway thankfully, I know they say they have to be posted but I always hand them into my local office as I did before and I get paid. I always take a copy though just Incase. I know there’s two payments this week so the sooner you get them in the better.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 450 ✭✭Fagashlil

Was there not supposed to be a payment today for next week? Woke up to a text from the bank telling me to transfer money as there’s a DD due and I’ve insufficient funds.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Fagashlil wrote: »
    Was there not supposed to be a payment today for next week? Woke up to a text from the bank telling me to transfer money as there’s a DD due and I’ve insufficient funds.

Why would it be there today? I get paid on Mondays but usually in on a Saturday.Got paid double 2 weeks ago so hoping will be paid tomorrow.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

Happy New Year everyone.

A word of warning for those who returned to work in December to check your tax credits for this year.

My tax credit is reduced as apparently I am still collecting benefit... Somehow they haven't closed my claim properly.

I think I will just deal with Revenue office about it as they are a bit more competent from my experience.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭Sunshine lollipop

I applied for DA a month ago when I was told my credits ran out on IB. My last payment was October. I received this in the post today. I havent heard from illness dept in months. Does anyone know what this could be?

It reads,

I wish to advise you, the following a review of all the evidence available, I have decided you continue to satisfy the medical conditions for receipt of illness benefit credited contributions. You should continue to send in medical Certs as before. If you continue to claim illness benefit you may be reviewed again in future.

• Registered Users Posts: 47 Man with a plan

Hi,

I haven't been on this thread for a while as I finally got sorted beginning of December but what I'm wondering is does anybody know if contacting them by phone is still difficult ?
    I see the last few pages people contacting them but the last few days I have tried several times to phone them and spent approx an hour each time before giving up.
    Anyone know if the phones are gone mad again in there ?
    Ive spent approx 50 euro now listening to their recordings :(

It's still a shambles. Got €132 tonight. Fecking joke.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33 Vermelho

I applied for DA a month ago when I was told my credits ran out on IB. My last payment was October. I received this in the post today. I havent heard from illness dept in months. Does anyone know what this could be?

It reads,

I wish to advise you, the following a review of all the evidence available, I have decided you continue to satisfy the medical conditions for receipt of illness benefit credited contributions. You should continue to send in medical Certs as before. If you continue to claim illness benefit you may be reviewed again in future.

This means that although they are not still paying you illness benefit, since you are still ill and unable to work they will give you social insurance credits. Whereas, if you were not ill and just choosing not to work, you would not get credits. It means that your social insurance record is not interrupted and you will continue to build up credits that can used to claim other benefits, like the pension.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 450 ✭✭Fagashlil

Why would it be there today? I get paid on Mondays but usually in on a Saturday.Got paid double 2 weeks ago so hoping will be paid tomorrow.

Sorry never saw the reply-payment due the 31 were paid the 28. It was paid, there was a bank delay clearing it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

It's still a shambles. Got €132 tonight. Fecking joke.

Did you get it sorted? Thought they were supposed to be back on track.I got one day on Saturday and the rest today! Phone lines still seem as bad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,959 ✭✭✭Jesus Shaves

What’s the current waiting time on illness benefit payment, I applied on the 31st of December, I know the first 6 days aren’t paid.

• Registered Users Posts: 291 ✭✭natc

I’m not sure what the waiting time is but I sent in my final cert and last sick cert on the 18th Dec and still haven’t been paid for my final week.

Not sure if it’s stuck in the post somewhere/lost or whether they are delayed sending out payments by post.

Either way I can’t get through on the phones to enquire....

• Registered Users Posts: 28 corkgal27

Hi everyone, just wondering does anyone know why I received two payments of 33 euro today instead of the normal 198. Cert went in as normal last week. They did text me yesterday which I thought was odd as I never received a text before. It just said I am certified to the 10th of January and my next cert is due the 11th of January. Currently on hold for the last 18 mins. Not holding out much hope

Hi,

I haven't been on this thread for a while as I finally got sorted beginning of December but what I'm wondering is does anybody know if contacting them by phone is still difficult ?
    I see the last few pages people contacting them but the last few days I have tried several times to phone them and spent approx an hour each time before giving up.

Currently on hold 49 minutes!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭Hesthea

Hi,

Last week i made my last phone call to IB and was over 1h20 on the phone waiting for someone to pick it up. Which they did when i was just about to give up.

I would advice everyone that already sent their Final Certs to IB to make sure that you don't receive any payments after that. Keep an eye on it for a while just in case.

My last payment was lodged in December from my IB from September/ October.
    I realized this month that they made me another payment last week and rang them about it, asking why was i receiving payments when i already sent my final cert in October and everything was in order.

The person checked my file and confirmed my last cert was in their system and dated from 23rd October so he couldn't understand why i was receiving more payments. Informed me that he would leave a note and inform them to rectify the error.

This week i receive a letter saying i own them money because only last week i informed IB that i returned to work on the 26th October and that my Final Cert had errors reason why my claim was still active.

(If this was true i would have had a far bigger amount of money to return than what i have and the person on the phone confirmed everything was in order.)

And as such i have to return the money. The letter has the info necessary to make the reimbursement.

2 days later i receive another letter (the letters were sent with 1 day difference from each other), informing me that they will collect the money by reducing my welfare payment (i'm a single working parent).

I waited more than 1 month for the IB payment to be made and only in December i received my last payment regarding it.
    All these delays made me return to work when i shouldn't due to having bills to pay and a child to feed and no money for it.

I ran everywhere, phoned, emailed everyone i had to. Sent paperwork more than one because they didn't couldn't find it. Wasted money by sending some registered. Dealt with extremely rude people on CWO and on IB phone calls to now receive a letter blaming me for their error. All this while having my should and knee swollen. Hard time moving and extreme pain. I did all this to receive something i was entitled to when i should be at home recovering from my injuries (Got hit by a car).
    Then i receive another letter informing me how they are going to collect it.

This is extremely rude and ethically shameful after all i have been through.
    A letter saying they were sorry for all this mess while giving info on how to return the money would have been far better and less stressful.

Thank you for reading and sorry for the rant.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33 Vermelho

For those of you asking about how to get questions answered etc, I have found the quickest way is to send an online query but select “General Information Enquiry” in the subject rather than Illness Benefit. They will answer if they can or else forward to the illness benefit section and they seem to respond more quickly than sending directly.

Vermelho wrote: »
    For those of you asking about how to get questions answered etc, I have found the quickest way is to send an online query but select “General Information Enquiry” in the subject rather than Illness Benefit. They will answer if they can or else forward to the illness benefit section and they seem to respond more quickly than sending directly.

I contacted them on Twitter and had a phone call back within the hour if that also helps anyone!

Does anyone leave there cents into their local social welfare office and is it any quicker

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,420 ✭✭✭splinter65

Does anyone leave there cents into their local social welfare office and is it any quicker

You can’t do that anymore you have to send them off to Dublin.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,788 ✭✭✭horse7

Do DSP send a statement of illness benefits paid,if so when, I need it for a med 1 form?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,420 ✭✭✭splinter65

horse7 wrote: »
    Do DSP send a statement of illness benefits paid,if so when, I need it for a med 1 form?

https://m.welfare.ie/en/Pages/secure/OnlineStatementRequest.aspx

You might be waiting a few days.

Thanks, it's a maze trying to get information.

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭nl2803

I know a friend that applied on the 14th Jan and got their first payment last Friday, left both certs since into the local SW office because they are taking them again, I had told them that they would be weeks/months waiting

• Advertisement

nl2803 wrote: »
    I know a friend that applied on the 14th Jan and got their first payment last Friday, left both certs since into the local SW office because they are taking them again, I had told them that they would be weeks/months waiting

I left a cert into my local swo and got payment the next day, I posted a certain Monday gone and still haven’t received payment even though it was scanned in

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 779 ✭✭✭padraig.od

I left a cert into my local swo and got payment the next day, I posted a certain Monday gone and still haven’t received payment even though it was scanned in

How do you know something was scanned in? They are a black box, no info. My wife applied mid December and received a payment last week but she hasn't received any remittance or further communication. We have posted the cert for February and don't know if they have received it and if payment will be interrupted

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,964 ✭✭✭tinofapples

padraig.od wrote: »
    How do you know something was scanned in? They are a black box, no info. My wife applied mid December and received a payment last week but she hasn't received any remittance or further communication. We have posted the cert for February and don't know if they have received it and if payment will be interrupted

Don't hold your breath on that front :(

padraig.od wrote: »

If you ring the social welfare info line you can check if a cert was scanned in

Does anyone know why or see the logic in persisting with paying E33 followed by E165 ? That's if you are lucky :rolleyes:

I'm short the 165 amount for last week :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 335 ✭✭NickD

Does anyone know why or see the logic in persisting with paying E33 followed by E165 ? That's if you are lucky :rolleyes:

I'm short the 165 amount for last week :mad:

I was left short last week's as well. Back to spending my days ringing them I suppose

• Advertisement

NickD wrote: »
    I was left short last week's as well. Back to spending my days ringing them I suppose

It's f***kin pathetic in this day and age that 1/ they can't get these things right and 2/ that you have to spend an age trying to get through :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭Gringo180

I only handed in one weeks cert but they paid me for an extra week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,011 ✭✭✭✭banie01

Finally got a look at the "new" IB form this morning!
    Only 6 months after they came into use.

Could you post an image of the form please.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,011 ✭✭✭✭banie01

horse7 wrote: »
    Could you post an image of the form please.

I don't have a blank example.

• Advertisement
Advertisement