Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Illness benefit problems since new form

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 616 ✭✭✭hawthorne

I am well aware of all the problems myself. I live in the countryside and every single neighbour would come up at once if I would need help.THIS is actually the real world!
    Lived in Cork City some decades ago and had a bad accident. Went around on crutches and used taxis for weeks. All on very little money. It was tough- but not impossible.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,584 ✭✭✭BohsCeltic

See with the monthly certs. How does the payment system work ?
    I was just reading there some news from last month that people who have experienced financial penalties will be compensated.
    It might be on here already but i couldn't find it.

https://youtu.be/u1DsqYI3njI

Has anyone tried this yet ?

Well it seems like the system is still fecked up, no payment this week. Am i supposed to go out and eat grass, not pay bills or rent ? Joke of a government. Really angry now and tired of this crap. It is something i do not need when i am ill.

Oh and i have no idea how the link to the newspaper article ended up being a video and i cannot edit it for some reason and i can't find the link now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,218 ✭✭✭✭Bannasidhe

BohsCeltic wrote: »
    Well it seems like the system is still fecked up, no payment this week. Am i supposed to go out and eat grass, not pay bills or rent ? Joke of a government. Really angry now and tired of this crap. It is something i do not need when i am ill.

Oh and i have no idea how the link to the newspaper article ended up being a video and i cannot edit it for some reason and i can't find the link now.

My payments over the 4 weeks since they moved me to monthly have been erratic but have all shown up eventually. If it wasn't for my family I would be royally ucked. With the drop in income my finances are already on a knife edge but I would be ok if payments came on the same day every week as I could then work out my budget for the big ticket items - but I'm afraid to touch my bank account as I need to keep what's there in there to cover mortgage, DDs etc as I never know when my payment will actually land.
    No payment yet for this week - payment for the week before showed up this past Monday. Week before that it was there on a Thursday...

My elderly mother buys me enough food for the week when she does her shopping and my dad gives me a few quid to buy incidentals like milk, bread etc.

55 years old, been paying 'stamps' since I was 15 and I'm relying on two pensioners to keep me going. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,813 ✭✭✭One More Toy

Nothing for me this week either, maybe a backlog?

• Advertisement

Bannasidhe wrote: »
    My payments over the 4 weeks since they moved me to monthly have been erratic but have all shown up eventually. If it wasn't for my family I would be royally ucked. With the drop in income my finances are already on a knife edge but I would be ok if payments came on the same day every week as I could then work out my budget for the big ticket items - but I'm afraid to touch my bank account as I need to keep what's there in there to cover mortgage, DDs etc as I never know when my payment will actually land.
    No payment yet for this week - payment for the week before showed up this past Monday. Week before that it was there on a Thursday...

My elderly mother buys me enough food for the week when she does her shopping and my dad gives me a few quid to buy incidentals like milk, bread etc.

55 years old, been paying 'stamps' since I was 15 and I'm relying on two pensioners to keep me going. :mad:

It is so annoying. I'm 39 and have been working since i was 16. What annoys me more is that people who never worked a day in their life can just go every week and get their money.
    I'm relying on my Mother who is 75 and recovering from a stroke to help me. She doesn't get much money so i also have to rely on other people to help me. But i can't keep doing this.
    It's embarrassing.

I sent them a DM on Twitter, how long do they usally take to respond ?

Nothing today either. I sent a DM on twitter and they said they would pass on my details to IB and they will contact me as soon as possible.

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭nicrob08

Well, well, well! I got half payment last week, which is no surprise as my new cert was due on the 28th I posted it on the 26th giving plenty of time to be scanned onto the system. Expecting the half payment from last week and this week's payment today. Not a cent in my account. Called them this morning, unfortunately got a snotty retort of "well theres nothing I can do about the post". I havent been on boards in quite a while, but no surprise when I come onto this thread and other people are experiencing problems again!

Just out of curiosity, is everyone sending their forms in by registered post?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭nicrob08

Just out of curiosity, is everyone sending their forms in by registered post?

Ive sent mine through normal postage but got duplicate cert this morning and sent that off registered.

nicrob08 wrote: »
    Ive sent mine through normal postage but got duplicate cert this morning and sent that off registered.

I always send mine registered even though it's not really 8 euro I can afford but it's one less element of uncertainty

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,104 ✭✭✭Whiplashy

I send mine freepost. No way would I be paying to register it.

Nothing today either. I sent a DM on twitter and they said they would pass on my details to IB and they will contact me as soon as possible.

Nothing here either.
    My suspicion is there are 'technical difficulties' with people who have just gone monthly - mind you, mine was erratic anyway but at least it usually turned up by the Monday after the week it was due.
    I was certified up until yesterday. New cert issued today by GP.

Nothing here either.
    My suspicion is there are 'technical difficulties' with people who have just gone monthly - mind you, mine was erratic anyway but at least it usually turned up by the Monday after the week it was due.
    I was certified up until yesterday. New cert issued today by GP.

I just hope it goes in tomorrow. I have literally zero cash and getting tired having to pester people for a small loan.

I just hope it goes in tomorrow. I have literally zero cash and getting tired having to pester people for a small loan.

If it's any consolation anytime I contacted illness benefit on twitter they got back to me same day

I hear ya! Mortgage paid on the 28th so I'm cleaned out. Had to borrow a few quid off my 85 year old mother. :mad:

Well I got paid. It's not good for the brain thinking will I get money t not and waking at 4am to check bank.
    They paid me €270 so looks like last week's pay and 2 days for this week.

Why can't they just pay us the right amount on the same day like every other welfare payment.

Well I got paid. It's not good for the brain thinking will I get money t not and waking at 4am to check bank.
    They paid me €270 so looks like last week's pay and 2 days for this week.

Why can't they just pay us the right amount on the same day like every other welfare payment.

I got last week's payment today.

I can't understand why, as you say, it can't be paid on the same day every week.

Glad to see your payments have come through!

• Advertisement

Got paid €203 tonight but still missing 4 day's payment from last week. WTF is going on with their system ?

Got paid €203 tonight but still missing 4 day's payment from last week. WTF is going on with their system ?

I got diddly squat. :mad:

I got diddly squat. :mad:

It's a messed up system, i've never been paid on a Friday before, it usually goes in early Saturday morning.
    Hope it goes in for you. We shouldn't have to be worrying about stuff like this when we have enough on our plate.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Goldentree

I am waiting nearly 3 weeks for another payment. Had to get a loan since I couldn't pay for the rent and food.
    Was on hold for a good while on Thursday calling the illness benefit department. Nothing. Call dropped. By then I was so anxious that I couldn't get myself to call again.
    What would you suggest at this stage? Try to call again? Send an email (don't have their email address)?.... Thanks

Goldentree wrote: »
    I am waiting nearly 3 weeks for another payment. Had to get a loan since I couldn't pay for the rent and food.
    Was on hold for a good while on Thursday calling the illness benefit department. Nothing. Call dropped. By then I was so anxious that I couldn't get myself to call again.
    What would you suggest at this stage? Try to call again? Send an email (don't have their email address)?.... Thanks

Go on to twitter. They messaged me back really quickly saying they would look into it asap, they never called me but money came through. @welfare.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭gnarbarian

Hi everyone! I gotta question for those on monthly certs or to anyone that can answer...
    I was put on monthly certs 4 weeks ago and this week on Wednesday I have to go pick up my next cert.
    Since I have been on monthly certs my money has come in on a Wednesday with no problems but I am wondering does anybody know if my money will come in this Wednesday or will it be later in the week because they more than likely wont receive my cert until Friday?

gnarbarian wrote: »
    Hi everyone! I gotta question for those on monthly certs or to anyone that can answer...
    I was put on monthly certs 4 weeks ago and this week on Wednesday I have to go pick up my next cert.
    Since I have been on monthly certs my money has come in on a Wednesday with no problems but I am wondering does anybody know if my money will come in this Wednesday or will it be later in the week because they more than likely wont receive my cert until Friday?

It's like a lottery to be honest, I've been paid on a Tuesday, Friday and Saturday. I have no idea when i will be paid next. Cannot plan anything or rely when my next payment will come through.

It's like a lottery to be honest, I've been paid on a Tuesday, Friday and Saturday. I have no idea when i will be paid next. Cannot plan anything or rely when my next payment will come through.

Second this, so unreliable I get paid randomly it seems

Second this, so unreliable I get paid randomly it seems

I'm the same.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,104 ✭✭✭Whiplashy

gnarbarian wrote: »

I’m on monthly certs and my money comes in on a Thursday. The week I’m due my cert I get it on a Tuesday and the money is still there Thursday.

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭gnarbarian

Whiplashy wrote: »
    I’m on monthly certs and my money comes in on a Thursday. The week I’m due my cert I get it on a Tuesday and the money is still there Thursday.

Thanks!, this makes me feel a bit more hopeful that I wont be waiting until as late as Saturday for my money to arrive.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Pepperonie

Confused as payment not come through.On 6 weekly certs and had no issues until this week.They say new cert has to be in at least 4 days before cert runs out.Got through to IB eventually who said I was 'lucky' as 5 out of my 6 weekly payments should be on time!!! What madness is this??? Also was informed that in a month or so they are going back to payment in arrears.

I was on to them earlier. Was told my payment will be in Monday. Last payment was last Friday and i am still owed 4 days. It's a complete joke. Have to borrow again now. I'm lucky i can do that but fed up, what are people on their own supposed to do ?

I was on to them earlier. Was told my payment will be in Monday. Last payment was last Friday and i am still owed 4 days. It's a complete joke. Have to borrow again now. I'm lucky i can do that but fed up, what are people on their own supposed to do ?

Are you on Monthly certs? What day do to submit them if you don't mind me asking? Mine go Monday to Monday and supposed to be paid Mondays although reaches bank Saturdays.Fed up now.

Pepperonie wrote: »
    Are you on Monthly certs? What day do to submit them if you don't mind me asking? Mine go Monday to Monday and supposed to be paid Mondays although reaches bank Saturdays.Fed up now.

Yes I've just been put on them. I send every them every Wednesday to store Street, Dublin. Sometimes it goes in Friday or Saturday, sometimes Tuesday. The mind boggles.

• Advertisement

That's what is odd.My certs have always been Monday to Monday.Always goes in on Saturday.Sent cert as normal last week when due and they did not pay out till today!!! God alone knows when next payment will come.Not acceptable.

Well i was onto IB to change my bank a/c details because my bank keep taking €175 for loan i got before.
    IB said they had updated this and i have just checked now to see that they put this weeks money into old a/c and bank took the money. Fecking raging now,

Well i was onto IB to change my bank a/c details because my bank keep taking €175 for loan i got before.
    IB said they had updated this and i have just checked now to see that they put this weeks money into old a/c and bank took the money. Fecking raging now,

They all seem totally incompetent.Just off phone to them myself to check payment has been processed.We should not be having to do this.I have never felt so anxious in my life!!

Pepperonie wrote: »
    They all seem totally incompetent.Just off phone to them myself to check payment has been processed.We should not be having to do this.I have never felt so anxious in my life!!

I've got €28 euro to last me untill next week.That's just for food, rent will be in arrears. I am trying to call them again to find out why they didn't change the account despite them saying they did.
    Suffering from anxiety and depression this is the last thing i need now.

I am always very calm on the phone but now i just feel really angry.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Goldentree

I got a call back from the illness benefit department this morning after contacting welfare.ie on twitter. Its been 4 weeks since I received my last payment from them.

The agent calling me back explained that once a GP ticks the box "last cert" on the form, the new computer system will close your case. From that moment on it does not matter if you sent in another form, a letter, etc. The case will stay closed until you call them. Only a person (and not the computer system itself) can reopen the case.

As long as the case is closed, no payment will go out - of course.

My GP told me that the new system allows to send a "last cert" form and extend it if necessary. That's still the case as long as you call the illness benefit department and tell them. So you are better off not letting your GP tick that box until you are 100 % sure about when you go back to work.

Regarding the weird payments (party payment, etc), this is due to the cut off date each week for the payout of the illness benefit. What it means is that they have one payment run each week. That's when they pay you. And they wouldn't pay for future days on this day, only for passed once. So the week after (next payment run) you would receive the payment for the missing days and the days until this payment run. They might send it out in one bulk or in two payments.
    At least that's how I understood it.

I hope this information helps some of you.

• Advertisement

Just hope mine goes tomorrow as promised otherwise it will be a long long weekend.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 335 ✭✭NickD

Just hope mine goes tomorrow as promised otherwise it will be a long long weekend.

Let us know Bohs, it's a nightmare. I've just stopped expecting it until I see it. Thankfully hubby is working so we can eat and pay rent but the rest has to wait until I get money.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

Oh lord, I thought it was all over regarding these payments!
    I haven't followed this thread closely after getting back to work, but this is frustrating to read.
    I know how difficult my budget became to manage when I relied on those payments, really hope you will get paid on time before they shut their door this week ahead of bank Holiday.

Good luck all. Keep ringing them or tweet them as per previous poster advice. Frustrating I know, but what else can you do.

wonski wrote: »
    Oh lord, I thought it was all over regarding these payments!
    I haven't followed this thread closely after getting back to work, but this is frustrating to read.
    I know how difficult my budget became to manage when I relied on those payments, really hope you will get paid on time before they shut their door this week ahead of bank Holiday.

Good luck all. Keep ringing them or tweet them as per previous poster advice. Frustrating I know, but what else can you do.

If it's not in tomorrow the guy i spoke to gave me his direct line number so will call as they won't be open again until Tuesday and i cannot rely on payment going in on a holiday weekend.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

If it's not in tomorrow the guy i spoke to gave me his direct line number so will call as they won't be open again until Tuesday and i cannot rely on payment going in on a holiday weekend.

That's a relief. Hopefully you won't have to.

wonski wrote: »
    That's a relief. Hopefully you won't have to.

Thankfully in went in. Now it will be going out shortly on bills and loans :D

Thankfully in went in. Now it will be going out shortly on bills and loans :D

I got mine too.
    Didn't get last week's until Monday so I'm rich... or at least not having to borrow to get through the weekend for once...

I got mine too.
    Didn't get last week's until Monday so I'm rich... or at least not having to borrow to get through the weekend for once...

Ye i was the same last Monday. Happy that i won't have to be nagging people for a lend this weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,733 ✭✭✭bigron2109

Question folks. Read some of the posts in this thread , but hopefully some one can help. Usually ring for my cert on a Wednesday as I am on weekly certs and post it on a Thursday and I get paid on the Tuesday or so.

Last week, rang on the Wednesday, picked it up late Thursday and posted it Friday . Got paid today Monday, but it looks like it was a day short. How should I contact about this please .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,733 ✭✭✭bigron2109

Question folks. Read some of the posts in this thread , but hopefully some one can help. Usually ring for my cert on a Wednesday as I am on weekly certs and post it on a Thursday and I get paid on the Tuesday or so.

Last week, rang on the Wednesday, picked it up late Thursday and posted it Friday . Got paid today Monday, but it looks like it was a day short. Does the day which I am missing gonback inn automatically or do I need to chase it up. How should I contact about this please .

• Advertisement
Advertisement