Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Illness benefit problems since new form

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,584 ✭✭✭BohsCeltic

bigron2109 wrote: »
    Question folks. Read some of the posts in this thread , but hopefully some one can help. Usually ring for my cert on a Wednesday as I am on weekly certs and post it on a Thursday and I get paid on the Tuesday or so.

Last week, rang on the Wednesday, picked it up late Thursday and posted it Friday . Got paid today Monday, but it looks like it was a day short. Does the day which I am missing gonback inn automatically or do I need to chase it up. How should I contact about this please .

They will probably lodge the missing day into your account. It happens a lot to me. Pain in the hol*.

Best way to check is to contact them on twitter as that seems the quickest way and they will call you back once you leave your details.

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭djeire84

Hi all hope all is well.

I have been diagnosed with fibromayalgia over a year ago. Now I have been able to manage it but this last month has been a struggle with the pain and chronic fatigue.
    I was on a TUS scheme and had to leave due to my health. The last payment I recieved was back Friday the 26th of February.
    I spoke with a lovely woman in the social who advised me to go on illness benifet. Now here is where I need all your help.
    I have only been getting JSA before the tús programme. It says I need to pay PRSI contributions in 2017 (As this is the year I'm claiming 2019).

What happens to JSA people like me who apply for Illness benefit?
    How long does it take to process?
    Can I get paid into my bank?

Anything else I am missing feel free to add to my comment all information would be gratefully appreciated.

Éire

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,104 ✭✭✭Whiplashy

djeire84 wrote: »
    Hi all hope all is well.

I have been diagnosed with fibromayalgia over a year ago. Now I have been able to manage it but this last month has been a struggle with the pain and chronic fatigue.
    I was on a TUS scheme and had to leave due to my health. The last payment I recieved was back Friday the 26th of February.
    I spoke with a lovely woman in the social who advised me to go on illness benifet. Now here is where I need all your help.
    I have only been getting JSA before the tús programme. It says I need to pay PRSI contributions in 2017 (As this is the year I'm claiming 2019).

Anything else I am missing feel free to add to my comment all information would be gratefully appreciated.

Éire

You wouldn’t actually have an entitlement to illness benefit. Go to your GP and see are they willing to declare you unfit to work. They have the forms for illness benefit. If GPs in agreement send off the form and you’ll get a letter back in a week or 2 saying you’re not entitled. Bring this to the CWO and they will pay you supplementary welfare. You can also discuss with your GP whether or not you’d be entitled to apply for disability allowance. That’s not based on PRSI but is hard to get. GP would need to declare that you are long term unfit for work and GPs opinion on its own is not usually even enough. I’m currently trying to get invalidity and have already been turned down once with a GP, OT and consultant declaring me long term unfit.

djeire84 wrote: »
    Hi all hope all is well.

Éire

Maybe check with citizens advice. If you haven't enough stamps it will probably be means tested.

Does anyone know if they’re back answering the phones? I went for a medical review yesterday and I was supposed to get a form at the centre to claim travel expenses but I completely forgot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,420 ✭✭✭splinter65

Whiplashy wrote: »
    Does anyone know if they’re back answering the phones? I went for a medical review yesterday and I was supposed to get a form at the centre to claim travel expenses but I completely forgot.

They answered the phone to me at 45 minutes last Friday. The girl that answered the phone was frighteningly wrong about everything from start to finish. I think she is very new and got very little training. In the end she went to speak to the supervisor and when she came back she was whistling a different tune.
    I’d feel sorry for any claimant who rang.

splinter65 wrote: »
    They answered the phone to me at 45 minutes last Friday. The girl that answered the phone was frighteningly wrong about everything from start to finish. I think she is very new and got very little training. In the end she went to speak to the supervisor and when she came back she was whistling a different tune.
    I’d feel sorry for any claimant who rang.

I’ll leave it so I think. Probably cost me more to ring them than they’d give me back!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,947 ✭✭✭✭banie01

I see the IB section is still issuing quite a few repeat Medical Questionairres and GP report requests.

I've received 3 over the last month, and the most recent was issued after I was switched to Invalidity pension.

I rang the medical assessment unit this morning and they told be to disregard the requests.
    Others may be in the same boat, I'd advise ringing the medical assessment unit before sending in yet another report.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,412 ✭✭✭francie81

Am hoping am in the right thread before asking.

Ok can anyone tell me is it ok to play 5-a-side with the same group of lads from work where am out on Illness benefit due to stress/bullying or would this possibly go against me for example if one or two of these lads are reporting this back?

Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 538 ✭✭✭colmufc

francie81 wrote: »
    Am hoping am in the right thread before asking.

Ok can anyone tell me is it ok to play 5-a-side with the same group of lads from work where am out on Illness benefit due to stress/bullying or would this possibly go against me for example if one or two of these lads are reporting this back?

Thanks

Imho
    Extremely risky

• Registered Users Posts: 3,813 ✭✭✭One More Toy

colmufc wrote: »
    Imho
    Extremely risky

Agree with the above

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

If you are out of work you don't engage with people you work with (except the ones you really know and trust) .

Especially in these circumstances.

But you generally don't.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Can I ask how long your payment took to come through my partner is on week 9 and nothing yet , just keep getting told it’s being processed

NickD wrote: »
    Just to update, it's now 5 weeks since I've applied. I'm still no further along. I've called numerous times and been on hold for over an hour and then cut off repeatedly. I have a meeting with the Community Welfare Officer this morning but I'm not sure how much he'll be able to help as the lady in social welfare office said they hadn't made a decision in my case.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Hi guys , at my wits end here. My partner is out of work sick since the end of April and as of yet as received no payment. He has rang every week and is being told it’s been processed it will be in on Saturday, Saturday comes no money . I really don’t know what else to do. Does anyone have any suggestions from your own experience?

No i would advise not to do that. I met my supervisor for lunch one day while i was out sick. He came out to me. I trust him and he was more of a friend than supervisor.
    Still in contact with him now. He has since left the company, and one of the reasons why is because he said he missed me being there.

On another note i rang my GP for monthly cert and they told me there are new forms now but they haven't received them yet. Shambles again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭nicrob08

Can anyone shed light on this for me, I returned to work 2 weeks ago. Got my final cert, sent it off registered post, department obviously received as payment stopped immediately. I got a letter from the department this morning, that my new employer has to fill out, as the letter states, we have been notified you have received a payment from (my employers name). My issue is, I suffer from crohns disease, I really would rather my employer wasnt aware that I had been in receipt of illness benefit due to a illness that flares up. Id rather they werent aware that I had been in receipt of illness benefit full stop. I had also informed revenue of my intent to go back to work etc, so I dont understand why I have to take this form to a new employer to fill out, when I informed all departments already.

Where you getting sick pay from your employer when you were out sick ?

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭nicrob08

BohsCeltic wrote: »
    Where you getting sick pay from your employer when you were out sick ?

I wasnt employed while on illness benefit

nicrob08 wrote: »
    I wasnt employed while on illness benefit

Oh i get you now.
    You are starting new job and don't want your new employer to find out you were sick.
    I wouldn't worry too much about it, i'm sure employers come across this all the time. You don't have to mention the reason you were out sick. Everyone get's sick at some stage.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,528 ✭✭✭ShaShaBear

Got our first payment after less than two weeks on a Saturday of all days. Was €60 less than it should have been. We assumed it was for 5 days as opposed to 6 and it would rectify the following week. Nope - still a random deduction of €60 and now we have to wait until Monday to try and solve the issue :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭Always Be Closing

Do they pay into the post office on a Saturday ?

Did anyone else get a letter saying they had been overpaid?

Did anyone else get a letter saying they had been overpaid?

No and hopefully not but i did get a letter today saying my IB will expire in March. They say i can apply for job seekers benefit but i am still actually technically employed so not sure what to do.

• Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭Skybirdjb

No and hopefully not but i did get a letter today saying my IB will expire in March. They say i can apply for job seekers benefit but i am still actually technically employed so not sure what to do.

How long have you been on it if you don’t mind me asking ??

Skybirdjb wrote: »
    How long have you been on it if you don’t mind me asking ??

At the end of March it will be 2 years. And i am pretty sure it will be a bit longer again as my anxiety is not as bad now but my Psoriasis is so painfull i can barely do anything which is making me more depressed.

At the end of March it will be 2 years. And i am pretty sure it will be a bit longer again as my anxiety is not as bad now but my Psoriasis is so painfull i can barely do anything which is making me more depressed.

Was wondering how long the illness benefit goes on for I’m a year on it this week and was stressed it was going to stop

Apply for Invalidity Pension and Disability Allowance if you and your treating Doctors feel you will remain unfit for work.

Have SW had you in for a medical assessment yet?

Was wondering how long the illness benefit goes on for I’m a year on it this week and was stressed it was going to stop

2 years is the cut off point. But i think that depends if you have enough prsi contributions which i had.
    banie01 wrote: »
    Apply for Invalidity Pension and Disability Allowance if you and your treating Doctors feel you will remain unfit for work.

Thank's, I'll look into this

Have SW had you in for a medical assessment yet?

No but i did have to send a form to them along with a letter from my GP but they didn't request a medical assessment.

2 years is the cut off point. But i think that depends if you have enough prsi contributions which i had.

No but i did have to send a form to them along with a letter from my GP but they didn't request a medical assessment.

The form is par for everyone on IB.
    Surprised given how long you have been on IB they haven't yet called you for assessment.

My advice for you, to be sure you don't have to deal with chasing a CEO for supplementary allowance if you exhaust your IB entitlement is to apply for IB and DA.

You will likely eventually be placed on one or the other.
    Citizens advice will advise better than I can, but similar to I.L.
    Have all your ducks in a row, let the evidence do the talking but do include a letter outlining how your condition limits and affects you.

The form is par for everyone on IB.
    Surprised given how long you have been on IB they haven't yet called you for assessment.

My advice for you, to be sure you don't have to deal with chasing a CEO for supplementary allowance if you exhaust your IB entitlement is to apply for IB and DA.

You will likely eventually be placed on one or the other.
    Citizens advice will advise better than I can, but similar to I.L.
    Have all your ducks in a row, let the evidence do the talking but do include a letter outlining how your condition limits and affects you.

Cheers
    I will call them Monday morning as i don't want to end up having to attempt to go to CWA for supplementary allowance as a) I can barely walk and b) After the way they treated me the last time.

I am not sure about my prsi contibutions but i will discuss that with them, I still have over 2 months untill ib expires but i would prefer to sort it asap.

Also still fight my insurance, could do without all this stress as it's not helping me one bit.

• Advertisement

Cheers
    I will call them Monday morning as i don't want to end up having to attempt to go to CWA for supplementary allowance as a) I can barely walk and b) After the way they treated me the last time.

I am not sure about my prsi contibutions but i will discuss that with them, I still have over 2 months untill ib expires but i would prefer to sort it asap.

Also still fight my insurance, could do without all this stress as it's not helping me one bit.

I'm not sure of the wait time for application processing on IB/DA but it is certainly far longer than 2 months and if memory serves a letter should have issued after 478days payment to advise of your options (Not 100% on that and the way it went in that Dept last year it may have been missed).

Both application processes can be fairly arduous and require an appeal to get over the line.

headphoned wrote: »
    Hope this is the right place to ask this. I have been on Illness benefit for a few months, and I have just changed gp. Do I need to fill out a full new application (IB1) or just the certificate of incapacity? New gp gave me both. Thanks in advance.

Can't really help but i would imagine your old GP would have forwarded on your information to your new GP. Maybe call citizens advice or if on twitter contact @welfare.ie. They are usually very quick to respond.

I'm not sure of the wait time for application processing on IB/DA but it is certainly far longer than 2 months and if memory serves a letter should have issued after 478days payment to advise of your options (Not 100% on that and the way it went in that Dept last year it may have been missed).

Both application processes can be fairly arduous and require an appeal to get over the line.

I was advised by citizens advice to apply for Invalidity Pension. Completely forgot that whilst on IB i am still earning PRSI contributions.
    Hopefully it will all go smoothly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 616 ✭✭✭hawthorne

headphoned wrote: »
    Hope this is the right place to ask this. I have been on Illness benefit for a few months, and I have just changed gp. Do I need to fill out a full new application (IB1) or just the certificate of incapacity? New gp gave me both. Thanks in advance.

I had a change of doctor last year. There was no need for a new application. My new doctor just carries on from where the old one stopped.
    He issued me already with a new cert some months ago and my payment continues as before.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Pay Dirt

edit

• Registered Users Posts: 1,733 ✭✭✭bigron2109

Strange, I sent in my Monthly cert on Wednesday, usually get the money into my bank on a Friday / Saturday morning , and there has been nothing so far .

Strange, I sent in my Monthly cert on Wednesday, usually get the money into my bank on a Friday / Saturday morning , and there has been nothing so far .

I sent my monthly very in Wednesday also and my money was there this Morning ( thank god) what bank are u with ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,733 ✭✭✭bigron2109

I sent my monthly very in Wednesday also and my money was there this Morning ( thank god) what bank are u with ?

Ulster Bank. Very strange, Hopefully it will be there on Monday .

Ulster Bank. Very strange, Hopefully it will be there on Monday .

If not hit them up on twitter with your PPS number and mobile number and they get back to you very speedily

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭irishfemme

What day is illness benefit paid exactly? Got half payment from 27th - on thur 30th jan. and now, full payment on saturday 1st feb. (due on monday 3rd Feb).
    I assumed the thursday payment was from monday -wed ? Half payment?
    And every payment would run from thursday to Wednesday like JB?
    I was expecting next payment on thur, the 6th of feb.
    I am soo confused, also, I am not being paid for my child dependants.

irishfemme wrote: »
    What day is illness benefit paid exactly? Got half payment from 27th - on thur 30th jan. and now, full payment on saturday 1st feb. (due on monday 3rd Feb).

It's different for every person. I get paid every Friday and i am on Monthly certs.
    But if you read back there have been so many issues. It's a minefield to be honest.

I'm not sure about child dependents but as One more troy mentioned contact them on twitter on Monday and they will call you back really quickly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,420 ✭✭✭splinter65

What kind of weekly income gross less PRSI does your partner have?

Non, we dont live together. They never pick up their phone, so no point calling. I will email them.
    splinter65 wrote: »
    What kind of weekly income gross less PRSI does your partner have?

Non, we dont live together. They never pick up their phone, so no point calling. I will email them.

Twitter is the only way to get through to them. They usually call same day

Thanks, I guess I would join twitter so....
    Twitter is the only way to get through to them. They usually call same day

• Advertisement

Thanks, I guess I would join twitter so....

@welfare_ie

Thats the account you need

Any help appreciated.

Normal payday is every Friday into my bank a/c.

Due to a mix up in certs I only got paid for 2 days on Friday 24th (Approx. 60 euro)

I called notifying them to which they said the remaining balance (140 euro) would go into my account on Tuesday 28th and my normal weekly payment would resume as of last Friday.

I didn't receive my 140 owed to me that Tuesday, instead it went into my account this past Friday however there was no sign of this weeks normal payment.

Anyone able to shed some light on what's going on?

Pay Dirt wrote: »
    Any help appreciated.

Normal payday is every Friday into my bank a/c.

Due to a mix up in certs I only got paid for 2 days on Friday 24th (Approx. 60 euro)

I called notifying them to which they said the remaining balance (140 euro) would go into my account on Tuesday 28th and my normal weekly payment would resume as of last Friday.

I didn't receive my 140 owed to me that Tuesday, instead it went into my account this past Friday however there was no sign of this weeks normal payment.

Anyone able to shed some light on what's going on?

Can't shed any light and i don't think they can either, not being funny by the way.
    Just message them on twitter and they will arrange someone to call up and it's usually very quick too.

Can't shed any light and i don't think they can either, not being funny by the way.
    Just message them on twitter and they will arrange someone to call up and it's usually very quick too.

1,000 posts show how inept the welfare system is

• Advertisement
Advertisement