Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Illness benefit problems since new form

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,104 ✭✭✭Whiplashy

No payment again this week. Sent a tweet on Monday, no reply. Filled in the enquiry form online, no reply. Maybe I can eat the letter they sent out.

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭nicrob08

Whiplashy wrote: »
    No payment again this week. Sent a tweet on Monday, no reply. Filled in the enquiry form online, no reply. Maybe I can eat the letter they sent out.

Those letters were another wasted resource! Directing us to call a certain number or email the section. We have all tried and still to no avail!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭Flippyfloppy

I’ve still been paid nothing, despite sending in a new four week cert last week cover myself, I even wrote a letter and added it into the envelope, as I knew someone would have to read it.

I did receive a partial payment last Thursday but when I spoke to the guy on the 071 number on Friday he said that payment was actually issued on the 10th oct, and couldn’t understand when I said I only received it on the 17th.

The whole thing is a mess, he said illness benefit issued a blanket cert to everybody on the 10th thinking it would do some good, but it made things worse. How could it do some good, it cancelled everyone’s previous certs whether they’re on 1 week or 6 monthly certs.

I’m so doped up on painkillers for my illness there’s nothing more I can do at this point, no more letters, emails or spending half the day on hold only to be cut off. I’m done.

• Registered Users Posts: 538 ✭✭✭colmufc

On the phone again now , in for an hour's wait at least , why did they have to change form my doctors office say there a nightmare on there end too as they now have no easy to access records of what they have given out
    Joke of a department and it's not the staffs fault this goes right up the scale to the top management

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,218 ✭✭✭✭Bannasidhe

Still not a cent received here either - but I did get my LPT bill this morning.. :(
    Once my mortgage is paid tomorrow that's me wiped out.

colmufc wrote: »
    On the phone again now , in for an hour's wait at least , why did they have to change form my doctors office say there a nightmare on there end too as they now have no easy to access records of what they have given out
    Joke of a department and it's not the staffs fault this goes right up the scale to the top management

I cant help but feel sorry for the people on the phone, as you said this goes way up to the top. I fired off emails to a few TDs there, pointless but will wait with bated breath to see if any of them reply.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,420 ✭✭✭splinter65

If enough people contact Liveline surely he’ll have to let ye on?

Anyone know how SVP work? Thinking of contacting them. Not sure I want strangers going through my finances though. What would I need to give them access to?

Anyone know how SVP work? Thinking of contacting them. Not sure I want strangers going through my finances though. What would I need to give them access to?

They do not require anything. They are a great set of ears for listening also

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭candycock

Checked my bank this morning and still not a penny paid in, then I called them up and left me on hold for 46 minutes then they cut me off, I honestly do not have a penny to my name,I’m dreading the next few days,please if anyone has a strong voice could they go on to Joe Duffy,perhaps we all could flood his phone lines today rather than IB lines.

• Advertisement

john.mckeon@welfare.ie

anybody try this email yet i wonder would he respond

anyway i got cut off after 48 mins on hold im 26mins back at it and ready to shoot someone now

Because they’re effectively distributing donations made by the public they have to do a little bit of digging to make sure that your genuine but you’ll understand that.
    Here, you ring a central office, they take some details off you and then someone calls to see you at home.

I’ve filled in a form on the SVP website and got an email saying someone will come out to the house to talk to me. My nearest office is about an hours drive away so it’s great they’ll come to me. I have no problem with showing them my accounts or anything, I just wouldn’t want them questioning why I put such and such on my credit card when I’m skint. I didn’t know my income would completely disappear. I’ve been on illness for about 18 months now so any savings are long gone.

I’ve filled in a form on the SVP website and got an email saying someone will come out to the house to talk to me. My nearest office is about an hours drive away so it’s great they’ll come to me. I have no problem with showing them my accounts or anything, I just wouldn’t want them questioning why I put such and such on my credit card when I’m skint. I didn’t know my income would completely disappear. I’ve been on illness for about 18 months now so any savings are long gone.

I live in a moderne 4 bed detached house that has very nice furnishings etc so i was very apprehensive about them coming out. I pointed it out to them and they assured they are not there to judge

1 hour and 1 min and cut off again
    how the **** is this acceptable

nicrob08 wrote: »
    I live in a moderne 4 bed detached house that has very nice furnishings etc so i was very apprehensive about them coming out. I pointed it out to them and they assured they are not there to judge

That’s great to know. I’m living at home with my parents but they’re pensioners so we’re all struggling to get by at the moment.

1hr 7mins

cut off again

this is gone beyond a joke

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

I have just contacted my local TD about the issue, explained by personal situation and how nobody can get any information. He has responded very quick and said he has already helped people with this, hopefully this will all be sorted soon. If everybody tries to contact their local TD it might start to cause a stir, the more pressure on the department the better!

• Registered Users Posts: 10 SJF84

1hr 7mins

cut off again

this is gone beyond a joke

I have decided to ring again... it past the 30 mins. Why cant they ans us

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,584 ✭✭✭BohsCeltic

I rang live line and was told to send an email. He said many people have been onto them.
    I am not letting this go.

SJF84 wrote: »
    I have decided to ring again... it past the 30 mins. Why cant they ans us

im back on to try again

ive emailed john.mckeon@welfare.ie

nothing back

i emailed the tds in my area and got 2 replys in minutes saying they will make enquires on my behalf

i hate useing them as i belive the political system is flawed in that tds should not be dealing with local issures like mine that what councillors should be for

It’s very suspicious. If I buy a one man tent in Elverys and pitch it outside the County Council offices and put myself and the dog in it, and then ring the Indo and tell them I’m homeless they’ll send down 2 reporters and a photographer on the next train and put it on their website as Breaking News.
    But DSP can totally **** up people’s lives for months on end and there’s not a peep about it. Not on Telly not on radio not in the papers.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 SJF84

BohsCeltic wrote: »
    I rang live line and was told to send an email. He said many people have been onto them.
    I am not letting this go.

I think that's what they want! Seriously that all they said to you... they are some people like the ederly that might not have the internet... no access to email!!!!
    What needs to happen that they will sort us

I think that's what they want! Seriously that all they said to you... they are some people like the ederly that might not have the internet... no access to email!!!!

Yes that's what I was told . I said what you just said. Elderly people don't have access to this.
    I have gone further now and waiting for a call back from a TD.
    Time to fight back.

rte dont care ,there a gov puppet machine

this has been going on for months and its still not hit any headlines in an effective way

the journal has had 2 stories on it since 28th august and one 7days ago

the media dont seem to care

• Advertisement

I rang up and asked for a form to apply for invalidity pension. Obviously a decision won’t be made on it for ages so it’s not going to do anything for my financial situation right now, but I’ve been putting it off for ages so I suppose in a weird way I should be grateful for the almighty f**k up they’ve made of illness benefit.

ive emailed tds in my area and have got calls from a few of them now and one has told me the deparment dont have any certs from me when io sent it in nealry 2 weeks ago :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 419 ✭✭channaigh

It's all starting to crumble down
    Illness benefit in a shambles
    Cervical smear disaster
    Breast clinic James hospital shut
    Homelessness
    Mental health shambles
    Schools falling down
    Next will be trolley crisis
    Kids autism services non existent years on waiting list
    Yet no one cares a bit

I got news people email your tds its the only way to get things done i have 9 emailed i got emails and calls back from 5 of them within in 2 hours and its sorted
    the major issue with the certs are that when the doc fills in the form if you are on a monthly cert he must only tick the 4th box and not the first 3 also as the scanner will only read it as have 1 week marked off
    im going straight to my doctors office to tell them this so others wont be affected
    also you must now get certs in advance meaning if its due to end on the 10th get your new one sent in by the 9th
    i still have to wait til tuesday to get any money but il survive
    i hope this helps people

I got news people email your tds its the only way to get things done i have 9 emailed i got emails and calls back from 5 of them within in 2 hours and its sorted
    the major issue with the certs are that when the doc fills in the form if you are on a monthly cert he must only tick the 4th box and not the first 3 also as the scanner will only read it as have 1 week marked off
    im going straight to my doctors office to tell them this so others wont be affected
    also you must now get certs in advance meaning if its due to end on the 10th get your new one sent in by the 9th
    i still have to wait til tuesday to get any money but il survive
    i hope this helps people

Great news, good to hear someone actually getting sorted. Im on a weekly cert, boxes ticked and filled in correctly each time (I know this because said IB section send me texts confirming date im certified to and when my next cert is due)...when I called to order my cert this week, docs secretary told me they received an email from the department to instruct that they are to only certify weekly certs for people on weekly certs monthly for monthly people, so on and so forth.
    Unfortunately I feel this is just another excuse, timing issues, GPs using incorrect certs and non receipt of certs. Anyone see the pattern here? No accountability from the department, it seems its either an issue caused by GPs or "customers"

• Advertisement

nicrob08 wrote: »
    Great news, good to hear someone actually getting sorted. Im on a weekly cert, boxes ticked and filled in correctly each time (I know this because said IB section send me texts confirming date im certified to and when my next cert is due)...when I called to order my cert this week, docs secretary told me they received an email from the department to instruct that they are to only certify weekly certs for people on weekly certs monthly for monthly people, so on and so forth.
    Unfortunately I feel this is just another excuse, timing issues, GPs using incorrect certs and non receipt of certs. Anyone see the pattern here? No accountability from the department, it seems its either an issue caused by GPs or "customers"

They don't know what is going on last week
    GPs fault
    System fault
    All certs wiped off system
    I was asked to send in monthly certs last week and now this is the latest excuse
    Just buying time that's all they are doing

• Registered Users Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭Flippyfloppy

What is the point in 26 boxes being available then? My GP first signed me off for 12 weeks and ticked each box. The system only seemed to recognize the first 8.

Then the illness benefit put out an update that only 1,4 or 26 weeks are available. Now they have to mark only one box.

What is the point in 26 boxes being available then? My GP first signed me off for 12 weeks and ticked each box. The system only seemed to recognize the first 8.

Then the illness benefit put out an update that only 1,4 or 26 weeks are available. Now they have to mark only one box.

Just goes to show they haven't a clue what the problem is and they coming up with new excuses everyday

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 616 ✭✭✭hawthorne

I was at my GP yesterday and told him what is happening.
    He said that they (= the doctors) are not getting paid anymore for the certs. The department just stopped paying them. He also got no new certs. He used up the old ones and is using photocopies since. He was never informed by anyone from the department about anything. He said that a similar thing happened a couple of years ago. The department is just blackmailing them using the patients as a leverage to put doctors under pressure to ram their changes through.
    He does not care anymore about the situation and lets his doctor organisation sort the situation out with the department.
    I share his views. The DoSP wants to introduce a new system which would save the state some money....at the loss of the doctors.
    I do not buy stories of lost databanks, certs to be handed in earlier, data to be typed in manually or anything else.
    The politicians have no real interest in the situation. It is Regina Doherty's empire and she rules that thiefdom as she likes. Emails from us might be verbally reacted on. Some might be really acted on- but more as a token action once in a while.
    I saw Willi O'Deas's twitter message the other day- a typical FF cynical electioneering post. The other politicians are not much better.
    We have to wait until the two doctor organisations and the DoSP have hammered out a deal. And that can take weeks- or rather months.
    Not enough people are affected to turn this into a mass movement like the water and property tax issues. Very little interest from the media as well.
    I'll have to sit it out. We always save money for rainy days and have a yearly budget. Some day down the road I'll get a huge lump sum paid onto my account.
    It is like the farmers and their farm subsidies. Those guys are getting treated like us now all the time for years now. Did any of us give a damn about it ??!

My doctor is still issuing the old certs so the boxes aren’t the issue for me. Due to get next cert Monday so I’ll see what happens then.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Callymosh

Waiting with bated breath to see if I get paid tomorrow.
    I’m expecting not.
    I’m due a baby in 8 weeks and the stress of this is really affecting me. I’m not sure how much more I can handle. I’m just constantly anxious about the whole thing, and given that I am signed off work for anxiety, it’s extra worry that I could do without.
    About the only thing getting me through all this is knowing that I will be switched over to maternity benefit in 6 weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 ciara37

This is the email I sent to An Taoiseach, Minister for social Protection and Alan Kelly...only the minister for social Protection replied,

Good afternoon,

I would like to know if the Minister Ms Regina Doherty is going to address the crisis with the Illness Benefit, nothing has been done about this and I and many other families have been without payment.  My circumstances are that I have sent in my form and sent in my certs from my doctor every Friday since the 26/09/2018.  I have been calling the section everyday for the past 3 weeks spending at least 3 - 4 hours on hold, and sometimes the phone would cut off after 1 hr and wait for it 7 seconds.  I have a huge phone bill now on top of everything else.  Today I got through to a girl on the information line, she could not have been more helpful, but her hands are tied as she doesn't work in that section, but she was able to tell me that they have received no forms or certs from me, even though they have been sent to the correct address;  Department of Employment Affairs and Social Protection, P.O. Box 1650, Dublin 1, Ireland. 

Can anyone please shed some light on this, as it is having a huge impact on families all over the country who are stressed enough as it is.  I just would like someone to take ownership of the situation, as the Minister doesn't seem to realise what is happening.  

Please Please Care about us....

Regards,

Good afternoon,

I would like to know if the Minister Ms Regina Doherty is going to address the crisis with the Illness Benefit, nothing has been done about this and I and many other families have been without payment.  My circumstances are that I have sent in my form and sent in my certs from my doctor every Friday since the 26/09/2018.  I have been calling the section everyday for the past 3 weeks spending at least 3 - 4 hours on hold, and sometimes the phone would cut off after 1 hr and wait for it 7 seconds.  I have a huge phone bill now on top of everything else.  Today I got through to a girl on the information line, she could not have been more helpful, but her hands are tied as she doesn't work in that section, but she was able to tell me that they have received no forms or certs from me, even though they have been sent to the correct address;  Department of Employment Affairs and Social Protection, P.O. Box 1650, Dublin 1, Ireland. 

Can anyone please shed some light on this, as it is having a huge impact on families all over the country who are stressed enough as it is.  I just would like someone to take ownership

ciara37 wrote: »
    This is the email I sent to An Taoiseach, Minister for social Protection and Alan Kelly...only the minister for social Protection replied,

Good afternoon,

Can anyone please shed some light on this, as it is having a huge impact on families all over the country who are stressed enough as it is.  I just would like someone to take ownership of the situation, as the Minister doesn't seem to realise what is happening.  

Please Please Care about us....

Regards,

Ms Regina Doherty TD, Minister for Employment Affairs and Social Protection has asked me to acknowledge receipt of your correspondence regarding your Illness Benefit claim.

Enquiries are being made and a further letter will issue to you as soon as possible.

Yours sincerely

Jacinta Crawford

Private Secretary

The Minister is a Designated Public Official under the Regulation of Lobbying Act, 2015

(details available on www.lobbying.ie)

This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed. If you have received this email in error please notify the system manager. While the Department takes measures to secure the data transferred via Email, transmission cannot be guaranteed to be secure, error-free or routed correctly once it leaves the Department.  In communicating with the Department by Email, the customer accepts this risk and the Department does not accept liability which may arise as a result of Email transmission.

The Department of Employment Affairs and Social Protection is committed to protecting your privacy and your rights as a data subject in accordance with the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).  Our Privacy Statement explains how we secure and manage your personal data. The Statement also outlines how you can exercise your rights under the GDPR.

Department of Employment Affairs and Social Protection - Virus Scanned

Tá an ríomhphost seo agus aon chomhaid a ghabhann leis faoi rún agus níl sé le haghaidh éinne ach an té nó an t-eintiteas ar seoladh chuige é. Má bhfuair tú an ríomhphost seo trí earráid cuir é sin i bhfios do bhainisteoir an chórais. Cé go nglacann an Roinn bearta chun na sonraí a aistrítear trí ríomhphost a choinneáil slán, ní féidir tarchur a ráthú a bheith slán, saor ó earráidí nó curtha an treo ceart a luaithe is a fhágann sé an Roinn. Nuair atá sé ag déanamh cumarsáide leis an Roinn trí Ríomhphost, glacann an custaiméir leis an riosca sin agus ní ghlacann an Roinn aon dliteanas a d’fhéadfadh tarlú mar thoradh ar tharchur ríomhphoist.

Tá an Roinn Gnóthaí Fostaíochta agus Coimirce Sóisialaí tiomanta do do phríobháideachas agus do chearta mar dhuine is ábhar do shonraí a chosaint i gcomhréir le Rialachán Ginearálta an Aontais Eorpaigh maidir le Cosaint Sonraí. Tugtar míniú inár Ráiteas Príobháideachais ar an gcaoi a ndaingnímid agus a mbainistímid do shonraí pearsanta. Léirítear sa Ráiteas freisin an chaoi ar féidir leat do chearta a fheidhmiú faoin Rialachán Ginearálta maidir le Cosaint Sonraí (RGCS).

An Roinn Gnóthaí Fostaíochta agus Coimirce Sóisialaí – Víreas-scanta

quote="ciara37;108454378"]Good afternoon,

Can anyone please shed some light on this, as it is having a huge impact on families all over the country who are stressed enough as it is.  I just would like someone to take ownership[/quote]

Callymosh wrote: »
    I’m expecting not.
    I’m due a baby in 8 weeks and the stress of this is really affecting me. I’m not sure how much more I can handle. I’m just constantly anxious about the whole thing, and given that I am signed off work for anxiety, it’s extra worry that I could do without.
    About the only thing getting me through all this is knowing that I will be switched over to maternity benefit in 6 weeks.

I really feel for you and wish I could help. Thats the last thing anyone with anxiety needs is this.

I suffer the same along with depression but I am not going to let this go.

I've been dealing with so many other things too and this is not helping at all.
    I won't stop fighting.
    We are all not alone. This is a battle we can win.

• Advertisement

Callymosh wrote: »
    I’m expecting not.

I really feel for you. Try not to stress further, easier said than done I know but yours and baby's health and welfare is whats important. I suffer from Crohns disease and a huge factor to cause a flare is stress. I can imagine all this is tainting your excitement for the arrival of the baby.

• Registered Users Posts: 45 Bubabear

I sent in forms in July went back to work end of July still nothing. After I was told 4 weeks ago it would be sorted in a day or 2. I told them I didn't need it as I was pregnant and expected to be out again. Unfortunatly for me I was hospitalised due to complications which in turn has now become an extremely early birth. I sent in 4 certs so far and was told last week that they were up on the system and was due to get paid. Now today I have been informed they haven't even opened my case or put anything onto the system. Stressed doesn't even register anymore. They really don't care what they do to people

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭Always Be Closing

4th Friday in a row with no f—king pYment in bank.

I have the dentists this morning as well as a contract signing for a new job start- I haven’t time to be going down the Intreo office to bug a CWO for a cheque

Well, as expected... no pay hit my account today.
    I don’t even know what to do anymore. The calls, emails etc are obviously doing nothing. How do they expect people to live like this??

I even managed to get through when I called on Wednesday - the lady in I.B assured me that my payment would be in the bank on Friday as well as the 33 euro arrears they owe.

More bull**** just to get me off the phone

I even managed to get through when I called on Wednesday - the lady in I.B assured me that my payment would be in the bank on Friday as well as the 33 euro arrears they owe.

More bull**** just to get me off the phone

That’s all they’re doing-fobbing people off. None of them seem to care about this or have any real interest in fixing the problem.
    Fighting back tears here...

I’m down queuing outside catching ****ing pleurisy and hypothermia

They had better come across with a chickens neck. God I can’t wait to get back to work

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Jonathon W

Managed to get through on Monday was advised they wr missing certs since the start of the month, I went immediately to my doctor and got 4 certs to cover the month and sent them off so they would of got them Tuesday, Wednesday at the very latest and it takes 2 days from then for payment to land in account ( or so they claim) and surprise surprise just checked the bank to see a grand total of nothing was received again, a full month now without payment with rent due so yet again I’ve another day on the phone trying to get through to find out what’s going on

Can everyone email joe@rte.ie

I have already been in contact but I think if more people outline this mess the more chance I have to get live on air.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13 Jonathon W

BohsCeltic wrote: »
    Can everyone email joe@rte.ie

I have already been in contact but I think if more people outline this mess the more chance I have to get live on air.

I just contacted corks red fm they have asked me to come on air Tuesday but I will email Joe, on hold now again since ten so I’ll wait to see what they say for themselves this time

Advertisement