Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HKC SW 812 Sensor Issue

Options
  • 15-08-2018 11:59am
    Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭

Hi Folks

Just looking for some advice. I had the above alarm installed nearly 9 years ago and never had an issue. Recently a particular shock contact window sensor keeps setting off the alarm. Had a look at the sensor and appears the wiring is ok. Do i just need to replace the sensor? Thanks for the help!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭davidconroy46

How many sensors on the zone? If a few you will have to meter them out 1 by 1.

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭Burks_ie

Its the same sensor

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Are you saying there is only one sensor & nothing else on that zone that keeps activating?

KoolKid wrote: »
    Are you saying there is only one sensor & nothing else on that zone that keeps activating?

Sorry meant to say its one particular sensor. There is only one sensor as part of the zone that is going off.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

And what else is on that zone?

• Advertisement

KoolKid wrote: »
    And what else is on that zone?

Nothing just the one window sensor which is both contact and shock. Sorry as you can probably tell haven't a clue about alarms. Can't even change the time either engineer code seems to have been changed. Not in the manual i got either.

If thats all on the zone its probably a safe bet to change it. Personally I'd be checking it first with a meter.

Advertisement