Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Build 1500

Options
  • 15-08-2018 12:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭

1. What is your budget? € 1500 ish

2. What will be the main purpose of the computer? Games, Currently playing Madden. Have Origin Premiere and Xbox Game pass (all MSFT titles work on PC too) so will be looking at Forza, Battlefield V, Anthem down the line.

3. Do you need a copy of Windows? I've read I can get a copy with a watermark. That'll do

4. Can you use any parts from an old computer? I have a 3 TB external USB 3.0 HDD that'll do for now alongside a new SSD.

5. Do you need a monitor? No. Depending on the game ill have the PC hooked up to both a 55 Inch Oled HDR tv and a 27 inch QHD PC Monitor (don't know the refresh rate) Madden and Forza on the TV for sure.

5a. If yes, what size do you need. NA

5b. If no, what resolution is your current monitor and do you plan to upgrade in the near future? NA

6. Do you need any of these peripherals? No

7. Are you willing to try overclocking? Not at the moment

8. How can you pay? Not an issue

9. When are you purchasing? Was going to wait but getting impatient so might go ahead the next week.

10. If you need help building it, where are you based? South Dublin, I should be fine

I was planning on waiting till October to see what intel bring out but im getting impatient. My current PC is 6 years old and struggling. The deal on the 1080ti and PSU I posted earlier is pushing me further.

I was thinking AMD as the motherboards will be compatible with any new CPUs in the next few years as I understand it. SSD seems lightening fast which would be great for loading screens in games.

Ive never built before. I have replaced a GPU and PSU before on my current PC is all.

Ive included a link to PC Partpicker with my own ideas. It doesn't include a case. For a case, something that will make it as easy as possible for a novice like myself.

https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/user/buttros/saved/QcLP3C

Many Thanks

Comments

Advertisement