Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Personal Attacks - Constantly

Options
  • 15-08-2018 12:36pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,106 ✭✭✭

AH may well be "light hearted" but there are posts which are direct personal attacks and they are being allowed to continue and ignored, dragging up old information to attack.

However I was permabanned previously for calling an obvious troll - a troll. That clearly should not have happened but what is going on is worse.

Why is it being allowed to continue ? I cannot defend myself as I am concerned I'll be banned.

I raise reports but NOTHING happens.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,965 ✭✭✭✭Zulu

If you were permabanned, why are you posting still? :confused:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,106 ✭✭✭PlaneSpeeking

Zulu wrote: »
    If you were permabanned, why are you posting still? :confused:

I appealed and I was allowed back and served a probationary period.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

Report posts, nothing happens they don't agree with you.

Ignore posters if you need to. Try not to worry too much over an anonymous internet forum.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,809 ✭✭✭blackwhite

I see that there remains a few posters on the thread the OP was referring to who are allowed to dish out personal abuse repeatedly without any sanction.

There's a distinct appearance that certain posters are given incredibly free reign when it comes to the rules, and it also appears that mods have pegged certain posters as "fair game" to be targetted by other posters as well.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,106 ✭✭✭PlaneSpeeking

Is a reply for this forthcoming any time ?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 22,379 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

What reports have you made where nothing happened? Please provide links.

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,290 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Is a reply for this forthcoming any time ?
    Apologies, but this thread seems to have slipped through the net. I've approved relevant posts following our PM exchange earlier

You will note the CMod has asked for examples of posts you have reported where you believe appropriate action was not taken. I am happy for you to forward details to me via PM if you wish

I have looked at a number of the posts you have reported (certainly not all of them), and typically there is an indication mods have looked at the report. That may have resulted in action which may or indeed may not be visible. Equally mods may have decided no further action was required, or possibly some may (like this thread) have slipped through the net

Thanks

Advertisement