Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best Heavyweight of last 20 years

Options
  • 15-08-2018 1:29pm
    Site Banned Posts: 24

Who in your opinion was the best heavyweight of the last 20 years?

For me it's a close tie between Vitali Klitschko and Lennox Lewis.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,055 ✭✭✭CWF

Fury

• Registered Users Posts: 56,135 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Lennox Lewis was the best.

But his peak was pre 1998 really.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,770 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

Wlad has to be the best doesn't he ?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,770 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

It's a shame that in the last 20 years , The good guy's kind of just missed each other ,
    The best guy was always getting old when the next guy fought them, Never really a heavy weight fight where two prime guys fought each other,
    Closet we got to that was upbeaten Wlad of 10 years v Fury , But after the fight Fury went off so we didn't know if it was a fluke and Wlad quit for two years ,
    So was hard to tell if it was Fury was better, Wlad was old or if it was a Fluke,
    Hopefully now we get great fights with , AJ, Wilder and Fury , its been to long since the best heavyweights where in there prime together, '

• Registered Users Posts: 56,135 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Wlad has to be the best doesn't he ?

Lewis v Wlad...

I’d be 99 percent sure that Lewis knocks him out 10/10 times...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,005 ✭✭✭✭titan18

Vitali was the best imo. I'd rate him as better than Lewis too despite the result between them.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,042 ✭✭✭✭normanoffside

titan18 wrote: »
    Vitali was the best imo. I'd rate him as better than Lewis too despite the result between them.

In the past 20 years vitali was probably the best given that 20 years ago was the Lewis' last fight.
    Lewis was better than Vitali however.
    In that fight the worst Lewis fought the best Vitali and still won.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

CWF wrote: »
    Fury

Barely the best heavyweight fighting in the last 20 minutes.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,005 ✭✭✭✭titan18

In the past 20 years vitali was probably the best given that 20 years ago was the Lewis' last fight. Lewis was better than Vitali however. In that fight the worst Lewis fought the best Vitali and still won.

His last fight was 15 years ago against Vitali, and Vitali would have won that fight if it wasn't for the injury stoppage.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,042 ✭✭✭✭normanoffside

titan18 wrote: »
    His last fight was 15 years ago against Vitali, and Vitali would have won that fight if it wasn't for the injury stoppage.

Wow you are right. He cracked Holyfield, Grant, Botha, Golota and Tua inside the last 20 years.
    In that case, 1998-2000 lewis is miles better than anything since.
    No question.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭Strabanimal

Barely the best heavyweight fighting in the last 20 minutes.

You don't know boxing. He's the Floyd Mayweather Jr of the heavyweight division. Look at how skinny and fast his legs are, how good his defence is. It's the same as when he beat klitschko

• Registered Users Posts: 1,815 ✭✭✭Hannibal

1. Vitali Klitschko
    2. Lewis
    3. Wlad Klitschko
    4. Wilder
    5. Fury
    6. Joshua
    7. Povetkin
    8. Chagaev
    9. Valuev
    10. Byrd

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 568 ✭✭✭Auroras_encore

You'd have to laugh at how clueless people are, it's Lennox Lewis and its not even close

• Registered Users Posts: 12,367 ✭✭✭✭blade1

You'd have to laugh at how clueless people are, it's Lennox Lewis and its not even close

Shur Hasim Rahman beat him!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,351 ✭✭✭Littlehorny

Lads it no contest, look at the names that Lewis has on his resume and then look at who Vitali has actually beaten. Lennox Lewis is in the top ten of all time never mind the last twenty years.

• Registered Users Posts: 577 ✭✭✭mada82

You’d have to say Lewis and I don’t think it’s close. I hated Lewis’s arrogance when he was active and tuned in late to the BBC one night hoping Rahman would beat him and got what I wanted. Some response in the rematch.

Vitali was one of my favourites but Lewis beat him fair and square.

I reckon Lewis would KO Wlad too.

Advertisement