Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moving to greystones

Options
  • 15-08-2018 1:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Hi there
    We are moving to the blacklion area in Greystones in the next few months, very excited about the move as it's suck a beautiful area.
    My main concern is school. We have three children, 11, 7 and 2. I've emailed all the schools but as they are still closed for holidays I can't get much information. I hear there is a shortage of school places!
    I think we should be in the house by October so not much time really. Anyone have experience with late enrolment?
    I'd really appreciate any help with this. Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 41,065 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

Have you tried greystones open forum on facebook?

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Terri6

Thanks for the reply. I'll try that 😀

• Registered Users Posts: 14,928 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

Terri6 wrote: »
    Thanks for the reply. I'll try that ��

The shortage of spaces is in Junior Infants - the older 2 are presumably moving from other schools and not starting out in infants. Only the schools themselves will be able to tell you if they have space in the relevant years. The 2 secondary schools are pretty full though which may affect the 11 year old next year, and they both take applications when the kids are in 5th class so you may have missed the boat.

• Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭drake70

"Greystones Forum" might be better. The above doesn't seem to be accepting new members.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 Edgar_Murl

Try emailing or calling schools this week as many principals will be back preparing for September opening. Gaelscoil, Educate Together and St Laurence nearest for you. St Kevins, St Brigids, St Patricks are in central Greystones and may have places. Wicklow ETS school in temp accommodation at Rugby Club is another possibility.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4 Terri6

Thanks for all the information. I will contact all schools again this week.

Advertisement