If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mounting tv- recommended height

Options
  • 15-08-2018 2:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,138 ✭✭✭

HI, 
    I'm mounting tv this weekend and setting up the surround sound system. 
    From website calculations the bottom of the tv should be 60 inches from the ground. I marked out the tv position on the wall and it seems extremely high. 

I'm presuming it's based on research and for best comfort but, again, it seems very high.

Would you just play around and mount it at whatever height seems right to you? I want to do it right, not mount and after a few weeks realize it's at a bad height. 

(it's funny- when you have a cabinet to sit it on you never consider the height) 

Your TV Size is: 46inches
    Your Eye Level Height from the Floor: 41inches
    Your Viewing Distance from Tv is: 144inches
    Your TV Mounting Height to the Middle of the TV: 72.68inches (tv is 24 inches tall)

Thanks,
    Pa

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 17,278 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

dinneenp wrote: »
    HI, 
    I'm mounting tv this weekend and setting up the surround sound system. 
    From website calculations the bottom of the tv should be 60 inches from the ground. I marked out the tv position on the wall and it seems extremely high. 

I'm presuming it's based on research and for best comfort but, again, it seems very high.

Would you just play around and mount it at whatever height seems right to you? I want to do it right, not mount and after a few weeks realize it's at a bad height. 

(it's funny- when you have a cabinet to sit it on you never consider the height) 

Your TV Size is: 46inches
    Your Eye Level Height from the Floor: 41inches
    Your Viewing Distance from Tv is: 144inches
    Your TV Mounting Height to the Middle of the TV: 72.68inches (tv is 24 inches tall)

Thanks,
    Pa
    Hi Pa.

Thanks for the email.

While there are many guidelines as how to mount your TV, its really down to the position the suits you best.

For me it is around head height while seated but again if you are taller than me your position would be higher. You don't want to have to look upwards as this will cause discomfort in your neck from always looking up.

Again the further back you sit the higher you can mount it, this avoids having to look up.

I think the best way it to try a few different heights before fixing it to the wall. (You would need a few friends to hold it in place while you sit and view it).

Let me know your thoughts.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,848 ✭✭✭soundsham

If your eye level is 41 inches I would divide the height of the tv by 3
    Make your eye level 1/3 up from bottom of tv
    That’s my tuppence

So if your tv was say 36 inches high
    I would make the bottom of the tv 29 inches off the floor

• Company Representative Posts: 17,278 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

soundsham wrote: »
    If your eye level is 41 inches I would divide the height of the tv by 3
    Make your eye level 1/3 up from bottom of tv
    That’s my tuppence

So if your tv was say 36 inches high
    I would make the bottom of the tv 29 inches off the floor
    Cheers for the post soundsham!

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.