Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HKC Quantom 70; RF-PIR Battery

Options
  • 15-08-2018 3:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 302 ✭✭

I have a HKC Quantom 70 with a number of PIRs. The batteries onlt last for about 9 months or so in onr of the PIRs. Distance wise, it is not the closest or furthers PIR from the base unit. Might this be a faulty PIR, bad batteries or something else. I just changed the battery today, a panasonic battery dated 2027, replacing one from the same batch. Any ideas?

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Have seen this a fair bit, particularly on their earlier devices.
    The HKC Manual claims 4 years. 2-4 is more the norm. Certainly not 9 months.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,715 ✭✭✭✭altor

BlueSpud wrote: »
    I have a HKC Quantom 70 with a number of PIRs. The batteries onlt last for about 9 months or so in onr of the PIRs. Distance wise, it is not the closest or furthers PIR from the base unit. Might this be a faulty PIR, bad batteries or something else. I just changed the battery today, a panasonic battery dated 2027, replacing one from the same batch. Any ideas?

Could be the battery or the unit. I use Duracell with no issues.
    These batteries should last 2 years plus.

Advertisement