Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chilling Adventures of Sabrina [Netflix]

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,381 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Just finished watching today.

A couple quick questions
    What did Hilda do to her boss?
    How was Susie able to see a ghost all of a sudden? Due to the demon contact?

Susie actually reminds me of Finn Wolfhard from Stranger Things

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,170 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,545 Mod ✭✭✭✭yerwanthere123

Wow, April is very soon. I'dve thought October again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,733 ✭✭✭Glebee

Did I see something somewhere about a Christmas episode???

Glebee wrote: »
    Did I see something somewhere about a Christmas episode???
    Yep, releasing on December 14th

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 61,007 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Renewed for a 3rd & 4th season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,335 ✭✭✭Bandana boy

Just watched Xmas special

Thought it was very meh

Just watched Xmas special

Thought it was very meh

Paused about half way through. Not getting into it at all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭fergus1001

Glebee wrote:

it's an Xmas special pure corn fest

fergus1001 wrote: »
    Glebee wrote:

it's an Xmas special pure corn fest

Finished watching. Not great.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,168 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

ya watched it last night. not great at all !!

2smiggy wrote: »
    ya watched it last night. not great at all !!

I thought it was mediocre until
    Sabrinas mother popped up to save the day
    Its a Christmas special, normal service will be resumed for Season 2 I hope.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 61,007 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Season 2 trailer

Season 2 drops on April 5th

It feels so... soon to have it back? I still haven't watched the Christmas episode either. Is it worth the watch at this stage?

• Advertisement

Series 2 now online.

Just started watching it's very good so far

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,912 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

I'm enjoying it as well.

The foreigner residing among you must be treated as your native-born. Love them as yourself, for you were foreigners in Egypt. I am the LORD your God.

Leviticus 19:34

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,067 ✭✭✭368100

Finished Part 2.....would be afraid its running out if rope for Part 3....maybe Im mistaken

Hope that plan at the end isn't the plot for next season. Does Sabrina not think Lillith would send him back if she could?

Also with the party on this and opening of Umbrella Academy, I think there are Phantom of the Opera fans at netflix

• Advertisement

Weird trailer, only watched a few seconds but seems to be full on music video

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,921 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

January 24th. Nice! Seasons 1 and 2 were my guilty pleasure last year. :D

Think that's the same day Picard episode 1 releases.

But looking forward to this

Christ, im really struggling with season 2, about 4 in and want to give up....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,168 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

Glebee wrote: »
    Christ, im really struggling with season 2, about 4 in and want to give up....

watched S2E3 last night, feel the same. Hopefully it will pick up !! Will try one or two more tonight !!

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭writhen

2smiggy wrote: »
    watched S2E3 last night, feel the same. Hopefully it will pick up !! Will try one or two more tonight !!

I stopped after 4 - tough going.... Anybody know if it improves?

Latest season is very meh

writhen wrote: »
    I stopped after 4 - tough going.... Anybody know if it improves?

Finished off season 2, it did improve enough that Ill have a

look at Season 3.

• Advertisement

I'm on episode 3 of season/part 3.

When did they all have time to learn to play instruments, form a band and learn songs (or partially learn in the case of the edited version of Teenage Dirtbag. It's a show with Satanism yet they can't mention someone bringing a gun to school?)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,912 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

It's ok. I was wondering what they would do after I thought they'd ended the second part a bit too conclusively. I'm glad that they've actually shown the effects of
    imprisoning Lucifer and that Ms. Wardwell was actually concerned about her fiancee going missing.

That said, this season feels a bit sluggish. New plot elements were slowly introduced last season while the overall threat and vibe of the show kept things interesting. Not so much this time around.

The foreigner residing among you must be treated as your native-born. Love them as yourself, for you were foreigners in Egypt. I am the LORD your God.

this is actually shockingly bad

acting embarrassing

script embarrassing

plot embarrassing

fair play on the wokeness but ffs lads was it not worth hanging something a little stronger than this sub harry potter kink amateur panto around it?

https://tvline.com/2020/07/08/chilling-adventures-of-sabrina-cancelled-season-4-netflix/

And so it ends.

Hope they knew it was coming since it seems to already be made and pretty much ready to go

CastorTroy wrote: »
    https://tvline.com/2020/07/08/chilling-adventures-of-sabrina-cancelled-season-4-netflix/

And so it ends.

Hope they knew it was coming since it seems to already be made and pretty much ready to go

It'll be nice to have an end to this. I thought the last season was quite disjointed and a lot weaker than the first.

Part 4 premieres December 31st

The way things are going, there mightn't be much else to do that day.

Sabrina was almost like my guilty pleasure watching. Enjoyed S1, S2 was a big drop in quality half way through S3 and its worse again. Its harmless stuff but i ust cant figure out who its ment to be aimed at. Not me it seems.
    Update: Finished out S3, I suppose it did get better towards the end. Will I watch S4 when it comes out? Probally at some stage, but im in no rush.

• Advertisement

It continues to be shockingly badly written- dialogue, plot and exposition from episode to episode is junior cert creative writing standard

Pity, because the setting, casting, budget and all that are quite good.

It continues to be shockingly badly written- dialogue, plot and exposition from episode to episode is junior cert creative writing standard

Pity, because the setting, casting, budget and all that are quite good.

Totally agree. Just watched the first episode of the last run of episodes and can't see myself binge watching them all like I did with Cobra Kai. Sabrina is just an awful character who does what she wants and couldn't care less about the consequences of her actions.

Totally agree. Just watched the first episode of the last run of episodes and can't see myself binge watching them all like I did with Cobra Kai. Sabrina is just an awful character who does what she wants and couldn't care less about the consequences of her actions.

In fairness, I suppose she is a teenager but there seems to be a complete dearth of character development or story in the fourth part. I'm starting to find the main characters so dull compared with some of the much more interesting side characters like Lilith, Ambrose or Lucifer. I'm three episodes from finishing but I think this should have been cancelled after the second part since they're clearly out of ideas.

Finished it yesterday. The sheer collapse in quality is shocking.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,492 ✭✭✭Sir Oxman

It's brutal.
    Should have ended after Series 2.
    The band bits are <cringe>

• Advertisement

I just finished. They had more musical numbers in this than previous seasons.
    Sabrina's band somehow formed and learned to play Sweet Child of Mine? and what was the point of the one they brought back? She set the band on fire but they were still "alive" after.
    For the episode 7/8 crossover what was the point of that apart from the message. The Endless should've survived. And I know it was meant as a bit of fun but so much about episode 7 didn't make sense.

Overall I thought it was just okay

I restated looking at this for some reason as I have only about 6 episodes left to complete. Its amazing how poor this has become since it started. OK it was never brilliant but it stared out definitely watchable but this is dross.

Yeah I could only watch 2 episodes from the last season before giving up and just reading the recaps for each episode. It really went down hill once they allowed Sabrina to do what she wanted regardless of the consequences

Yeah it did fizzle out.

Wonder if her appearance in Riverdale will be somehow canon or will it just be a different version of Sabrina played by Kiernan.

I saw someone suggest that's it's Sabrina from season 1 since she has blonde hair. Her hair turned white after her Dark Baptism. It would probably be easier to just have her be a different version of Sabrina

• Advertisement
Advertisement