Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HKC Quantom 70; Manual

Options
  • 15-08-2018 4:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 302 ✭✭

I want to tell my HKC Quantum 70 that I have changed the battery. To do this, my manual says to do the following:

1 - System Overview
    3 - Engineering Tools Menu
    8 - Battery Menu
    3 - Replace Battery Pack

All went well until the last item, instead of "Replace Battery Pack", it says "Charge Battery".

Any ideas on how to get to "Replace Battery Pack"?

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Should be Service>Engineer Tools> Battery Menu>Replace battery Pack.
    Are you sure its not saying Change battery?

• Registered Users Posts: 302 ✭✭BlueSpud

KoolKid wrote: »
    Should be Service>Engineer Tools> Battery Menu>Replace battery Pack.
    Are you sure its not saying Change battery?

No, definetly says "Charge Battery", I double-checked it.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Sound's like a bug to me. And if you accept on that does it clear the fault.

Sound's like a bug to me. And if you accept on that does it clear the fault.

The fault only comes up intermittently, so I can't say for sure. I haven't gotten the message for 24 hours, so maybe it has cleared the fault.

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭davidconroy46

You could try a full default connect battery first, it will mean re entering all your devoices etc.are you sure its not a faulty battery, i have fit many of these batteries and never had an issue.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,715 ✭✭✭✭altor

BlueSpud wrote: »
    No, definetly says "Charge Battery", I double-checked it.

Is that all that is in the battery menu?

If you scroll using the hash button does anything else appear in that menu?

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭davidconroy46

It should say replace battery, yes

Should have a number of things listed in that menu.

The "Replace Battery Pack" message is still coming up.
    altor wrote: »
    Is that all that is in the battery menu?

If you scroll using the hash button does anything else appear in that menu?

I scrolled using the # button and the option came up, thank you. I have indicated that the battery has been changed, so I will see how I get on. If this has solved the issue, I will know within a few days.

I scrolled using the # button and the option came up, thank you. I have indicated that the battery has been changed, so I will see how I get on. If this has solved the issue, I will know within a few days.

That should be it.

• Advertisement

Brilliant, glad you got it sorted.
    If the battery was the issue it would come up with the battery fault straight away after resetting the timer.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,580 ✭✭✭uberwolf

hi, where'd you source the new battery (I'm looking for a new one - 12 volt, 7 amp)?

Any suppliers or electrical wholesalers would have these. Where are you located?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,580 ✭✭✭uberwolf

Any suppliers or electrical wholesalers would have these. Where are you located?

south dublin. Looking at the battery i think I might need a new connection as well.

And new battery leads.

Advertisement