Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Survivor: David vs. Goliath (US)-[**SPOILERS**]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭Mean Laqueefa

Dovies wrote: »
    Seriously have any of these contestants not seen the show before - not packing jackets and trackie bottoms etc!! They film the show during rainy seasons on purpose! :)

Production have a massive say over what clothes your are allowed bring, Rob Cesterino and Stephen Fishbach talked about some of the details on there pod from last weeks boot.

Stealing clothes/claiming has been going on a very long time, it was just never been so blatant

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭seligehgit

Yikes can't say I think Angelina is anywhere in the same league as Parvati or for that matter Kim.

Her attempt at manipulation is so obvious it's hits you right in the face.Can't see her lasting deep into the game.

That was one of the worst capitulations I've ever seen in an IC.TBF Lyrsa didn't offer much outside of her social nicities.Hoping Nick and David progress deep into the game.

Christian is certainly the star,it's great to see the level of personal growth he's experiencing.

Gabby is so whiny, initially her self pity re her difficult predicament as a female nerd trying to assimilate with boys was endearing.But heck if she utters "how scary" x is I'll throw up.

In spite of Christian's new found membership of the jock club I'd be guessing he'd throw the boys under the bus for his maiden of honour.Love conquers all.

Merge couldn't come quick enough as I can't imagine Christian and co were likely to lose any ICs with their locked in superior physicality and Gabby/Christian to complete what seems like an excessive number of puzzle based challenges.

Yikes can't say I think Angelina is anywhere in the same league as Parvati or for that matter Kim.

Her attempt at manipulation is so obvious it's hits you right in the face.Can't see her lasting deep into the game.

That was one of the worst capitulations I've ever seen in an IC.TBF Lyrsa didn't offer much outside of her social nicities.Hoping Nick and David progress deep into the game.

Christian is certainly the star,it's great to see the level of personal growth he's experiencing.

Gabby is so whiny,initially her self pity re her difficult predicament as a female nerd trying to assimilate with boys was endearing.But heck if she utters "how scary" x is again I'll throw up.

In spite of Christian's new found membership of the jock club I'd be guessing he'd throw the boys under the bus for Gabby.Love conquers all.

Merge couldn't come quick enough as I can't imagine Christian and co were likely to lose any ICs with their locked in superior physicality and Gabby/Christian to complete what seems like an excessive number of puzzle based challenges.

Easy call to vote out Elizabeth.

Alec didn't have to show his hand re where his real loyalty lies.His original Goliath tribe or his 6 person Goliath/David mix.

More tears from Gabby,Angelina surely has a short lifespan in the game?!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

seligehgit wrote: »

Her attempt at manipulation is so obvious it's hits you right in the face.Can't see her lasting deep into the game..

Perhaps. Perhaps. But I would be of the opinion that the likes of Parvati and Kim were playing in an era with a bunch of idiot players. People who went on the show for fun but just didn't "get" how it should be played. Lotta goats back then.

Even the "thicks" know the score these days. How could you not after 37 seasons? It's much, much harder to win these days.

It's only "obvious" because we are being shown it in the edit. Because she is being called out for it.

Case in point, 10 years ago if somebody had done what Angelina did and told somebody they were going home.....the Elizabeth, in this case, would have gone back to camp and "scrambled" but been voted out anyway and be a sure thing jury vote. We saw it happen a hundred times.

Nobody back then would have thought of the fact that they were being finessed. They do now. Elizabeth didn't see it but Gabby saw it instantly. The players know whats up these days.

Angelina needs to tone it down because shes been outed a few times now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 60,558 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Great tribal and use of idols.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

Davey went up in my estimation after that move - it was the best play for his game to use that idol at that point in time, but many people haven't had that foresight over the years because it meant using the idol on someone else.

The David's now have control of the game right? Regardless if they can convince anyone to flip or not? Because they have the vote steal, which would turn the Goliath 6-5 advantage at the next tribal into a 5-6 advantage for the David's... :D

• Registered Users Posts: 55,509 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

That was such a fun tribal. When both idols were played, I had NO idea who would go. :)

Well played by the Davids.

Really enjoying this season. Christian FTW.

• Registered Users Posts: 686 ✭✭✭DVD-Lots

Epic. Had a feeling there was a 3rd vote there but couldn't figure out who. Never thought of John tbh and was surprised to see Big Bang vote for him. Great tribal and great series so far.

A truly great episode and epic tribal council.

Hadn't a notion how it would play out.

Michael is a bit sneaky,lost a lot respect for him.

Christian a threat,you're having a laugh.

Great time for him but he was totally oblivious to the machinations happening around him.That tribal may create a more battle hardened,strategic player.

Kudos to Nick,superb play staying loyal to the Mason Dixon alliance.The kind of move that wins you a million bucks.

Big shout out to Davie too,Dan will be seriously peeved off.

Not sure I'd have played a HII for Angelina irrespective of tribe loyalty.:D

Fair play to John Hennigan for acknowledging a truly great play.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,105 ✭✭✭stargazer 68

Wouldn't have wasted my HII for Angelina either but then again they don't see the interviews etc that we do

• Registered Users Posts: 9,373 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

Great episode. Two things I'd like to know

a) Who's idea was it to split the vote? The idol play couldn't have been a spur of the moment decision as the Davids TC plan depended on an idol play. The scenes where they are formulating this plan must have been left on the editing room floor in order to blindside the audience.

b) What was going on in Dan's head when he played his idol on Angelina? Tribe loyalty? Did he genuinely think it was the best move to get deep into the game? Was he guilted into doing it as a result of Angelina begging? Or did he realise that sending a bitter Angelina to jury would make it incredibly difficult to get the votes to win in the end.

Michael is a bit sneaky,lost a lot respect for him.

Christian a threat,you're having a laugh.

Why? I respect Mike more to be honest. He's thinking long term. Christian is a massive threat and up til now Angelina was the only one who saw it. Michael seeing it means he's here to win. EVERYONE likes Christian. If he makes it to the end you aren't winning jack if he's next to you.

He's the type of guy to write your name down and still get your vote. He wrote Jon's name down and I'd wager anything Jon will still vote for him if hes at the end. If christian makes it to the end, whoever sits beside him deserves to lose, to be honest for being stupid.

S.M.B. wrote: »
    b) What was going on in Dan's head when he played his idol on Angelina? Tribe loyalty? Did he genuinely think it was the best move to get deep into the game? Was he guilted into doing it as a result of Angelina begging? Or did he realise that sending a bitter Angelina to jury would make it incredibly difficult to get the votes to win in the end.

To be honest I think he had to for several reasons.

Number 1, if he doesn't he's never getting Angelina's vote. She wouldn't forgive him. In fact she would likely campaign against him to the rest of the jury. Not having friends on the jury is bad.....having enemies is way worse.

Number 2, he said he would give it to her if it came down to it and his whole alliance knows it. He'd lose trust points with the goliaths if he backed down....even if they did discuss getting her next.

Number 3, he has her trust for the next vote or two. Plus, he'll expect her to tell him if he's being blindsided which she will I think.

Number 4, and in my opinion the most important one, she literally turned around and begged him publicly....... ergo the entire tribe now knows he has an idol. Idols aren't worth much when everyone knows you have it.

Great episode regardless.

Another fantastic tribal. The David's are on a roll. Really want to see Christian and Nick sitting at the final, I think they've played the best game by far. Not sure who's most deserving of the 3rd spot in the final - Davey has been impressive the past two weeks, but there's a small part of me that has started to slowly root for Angelina as she is now the biggest underdog of the lot... Angelina at the end with Christian and Nick would be a very interesting final 3.

Second week running a fantastic use of idols at Tribal.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,931 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

This is turning into a great season! The scene where all the Davids revealed their powers to each other on the beach was hilarious, the execution at tribal was perfect, I was sure they were going to mess it up but it was flawless. Great to be invested in a Survivor again.

Thargor wrote: »
    This is turning into a great season! The scene where all the Davids revealed their powers to each other on the beach was hilarious, the execution at tribal was perfect, I was sure they were going to mess it up but it was flawless. Great to be invested in a Survivor again.

I've never seen a tribe as unified as the Davids.

The dog eat dog within that tribe seems to be secondary to surviving against the odds.

They can fight it out post elimination of the Goliaths.

It seems like they might may now have an unlikely but in equal measure untrustworthy ally in Angelina.

Loved Alison's facial expression when Dan failed to play his HII on her behalf.

Hoping Kara gets voted out soon.Amazing how quickly she turned on Dan,her true love.:rolleyes:

A definite ABG here: Anybody But Goliaths.:D

It is turning into an outstanding season.

While all the advantages led to an interesting TC, I'm curious to know what was behind the votes for Angelina by Alec and Kara. Alison was probably voting the same way. Did they panic when they learned of the vote steal or was it pre planned.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,128 ✭✭✭✭Oranage2

While all the advantages led to an interesting TC, I'm curious to know what was behind the votes for Angelina by Alec and Kara. Alison was probably voting the same way. Did they panic when they learned of the vote steal or was it pre planned.

Yeah nick played the vote steal so they knew it was 6/5 against. They knew Dan had an idol so vote for another Goliath.

Steal Allison's vote because they reckon she could flip easily in the next vote as it's 6-6 now.

They should have played the idol and nullifier, next round play the vote steal, Christian done well to keep that.

Hadn't they told the David's they'd split votes between Dan and Angelina when they were considering working with the David's before then deciding to stay Goliath strong. When they saw the power the David's held that tribal it made sense to revert to that plan in an attempt to gain a semblance of the trust with the David's and hopefully buy themselves another couple of votes where the other Goliath's got voted out over them to regroup and come up with another plan.

At least that's how I understood it and even though I don't think it'll work to win trust with the David's it really seemed to be their best option to move forward at the time of the vote.

• Advertisement

Seems to be the case that they voted for Angelina once Allison's vote was stolen to protect her in case votes were headed her here.

Alec had been debating for a number of days about working (flipping) with the Davids.

Angelina was to the forefront in his thoughts on a possible vote out.

Seems to be the case that they voted for Angelina once Allison's vote was stolen to protect her in case votes were headed her here.

Alec had been debating for a number of days about working (flipping) with the Davids.

Angelina was to the forefront in his thoughts on a possible vote out.

I bet Allison told the Davids about Dan's second idol so Davids steal her vote as a thank you.

Alec and Kara know Dan has an idol so they vote Angelina because they don't know about the nullifier and they reckon Dan plays it. Also they don't know who the Davids are voting for.

Yeah Alec and Kara were voting for their least favourite Goliath and possibly going to curry favour with the Davids.

I reckon Angelina will kick off in a serious way next week given what we know about her difficult personality.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,509 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Tribal Councils are turning into games of chess. Great episode. :)

Yeah Alec and Kara were voting for their least favourite Goliath and possibly going to curry favour with the Davids.

I reckon Angelina will kick off in a serious way next week given what we know about her difficult personality.

I think it's Alec going next, the guy is a serious contender, super fit and winning nearly all the games. Also flipped twice against the Goliaths.

Another good tribal this week.

The preview for next week's episode looks like it could be a stonker of an episode.

Oranage2 wrote: »
    I think it's Alec going next, the guy is a serious contender, super fit and winning nearly all the games. Also flipped twice against the Goliaths.

Good call.He was a huge threat in terms both strategically and in terms of physicality.

That was one of the truly epic IC's.

Carl got drunk on power.Never was truer that loose lips sink ships.

I'd have loved it if Christian displayed a bit of backbone and betrayed the hapless Gabby.

She is everything she claims not to be...overly emotional and whiny.Her game is totally dependent on hanging on the coattails of her closest ally whom she appears to be giving some consideration to backstabbing next week.At least she appears capable of displaying a ruthlessness Christian the nice guy is incapable of.

Epic fail on my part,Angelina did not kick off but was allowed blend in to the Davids as suited their needs.She talks about her resume. :rolleyes:

The whole negotiation re the rice and the selfless sacrifice in the IC was embarrassingly choreographed a blind man could see it coming.

The showdown for the million bucks should be fought amongst such worthy candidates as Christian,Nick and Davie but they are unlikely to all survive to final 3.

Good call.He was a huge threat in terms both strategically and in terms of physicality.

That was one of the truly epic IC's.

Carl got drunk on power.Never was truer that loose lips sink ships.

I'd have loved it if Christian displayed a bit of backbone and betrayed the hapless Gabby.

She is everything she claims not to be...overly emotional and whiny.Her game is totally dependent on hanging on the coattails of her closest ally whom she appears to be giving some consideration to backstabbing next week.At least she appears capable of displaying a ruthlessness Christian the nice guy is incapable of.

Epic fail on my part,Angelina did not kick off but was allowed blend in to the Davids as suited their needs.She talks about her resume. :rolleyes:

The whole negotiation re the rice and the selfless sacrifice in the IC was embarrassingly choreographed a blind man could see it coming.

The showdown for the million bucks should be fought amongst such worthy candidates as Christian,Nick and Davie but they are unlikely to all survive to final 3.

Is it 4-4 now? I skipped the second part and only watched the eviction so I'm not sure why Carl was voted out.

Good move, it breaks up the Nick, Davey and Carl allience. I reckon gabby is trying to bate the Goliaths to vote Christian and he uses his idol.

The big targets are

Sara- super strong physically
    Christian - super good game player
    Allison - strong and smart
    Nick - has alliances with nearly every player left, this can be seen a big threat.

Easy target is vote Allison again but I reckon The Goliaths will have something up their sleeve.

Gabby to be voted. Out.

Gabby is so emotional and whiny about everything. Has she gone an episode without crying yet? The "Ding!" by her and Alison when Carl got voted out did make me laugh out loud though. That was great.

I like Nick but he was on the wrong side of the vote on that one. The look from him and Angelina really told the story of how utterly clueless they were on that one.

• Advertisement

Seemed like a poor move for Christian, for all the 'he's a real threat' talk I actually don't think he's playing that great a game. Certainly not head and shoulders above others there. Being vocal at tribal and acting as a narrator in the edit doesn't necessarily mean a great game.

Advertisement