Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

UEFA Super Cup - Real Madrid vs Atletico Madrid, k.o. 8pm, TV3 & BT Sport

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,384 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

I read that it’s the first time in history that Atletico’s squad has cost more than Madrid’s, surely Madrid will spend a hundred million or two in the next few weeks.

You'd imagine but I don't know what big names would be available. Can't see an English side selling a star player with no chance to replace them now.

Unless they go for a Lewandowski type.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

You'd imagine but I don't know what big names would be available. Can't see an English side selling a star player with no chance to replace them now.

Unless they go for a Lewandowski type.

No English club will sell a star player now, whats 100m sitting in their bank account for a few months if they cant spend it.

No doubt the press will still link the best PL players with a move to Madrid until the window closes.

I thought Real were going to sign Thiago from Bayern, I'm sure i seen that somewhere recently.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,672 ✭✭✭elefant

GavRedKing wrote: »
    If they go with what they have, they'll be 3rd again, even Valencia were only 3 or 4 pts behind them last year and would fancy their chances of finishing above Real.

Valencia fans will be very optimistic of this if the Guedes deal happens.

Cheryshev, Batshuayi and Gameiro all already added (amongst others, and Kondogbia made permanent) to last year's squad, and only Montoya and Cancelo have left. The best transfer window for Valencia in many, many years.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

The Premier League sides (well the ones that have players of interest of RM/Barca) are now so stonkingly rich it would take a player strike to lose anyone. I expect you've seen the news that La Liga have sold out to the almighty dollar in an effort to boost income.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭smileyj1987

One more stamp on ramos and he gets a free costa !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

The Premier League sides (well the ones that have players of interest of RM/Barca) are now so stonkingly rich it would take a player strike to lose anyone. I expect you've seen the news that La Liga have sold out to the almighty dollar in an effort to boost income.

If they want Willian, I'd sell him in a heartbeat. :o

Advertisement