Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

12 Weeks to 10 miles

Options
  • 15-08-2018 9:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭

Starting back on the road again.
    I've had foot injuries which have kept me away for nearly 4 months but going to start slowly ( 3 runs per week) and small mileage just to get back into the rhythm again.
    Plan is to be able to do 10 miles fairly pain free by the middle of November. Not worried about time at all, I just want to get back enjoying the runs.
    If I get there it will be mission accomplished.

Thanks for Reading.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭moon madness

Same plan, nearly 2 years later.
    Easy start up next week and I'll try and keep it up.
    The mind still wants to run but the body protests after a few weeks and motivation dissolves.
    If I can keep it going easy I hope to run 10 miles in late August in around 95 minutes but if I can do it injury free that would be the main goal.
    Thanks for Reading.

Week 1 of 12
    I did a 1mile, a 2mile and a 5k ,all on grass and around the house.
    8.5 laps = 1 mile, lots of twists and turns but nice soft surface.
    Took my mind off laps by giving each lap a name of a task that I had to do when I finished the run. Worked well!

Tuesday 1 mile 11:08
    Saturday 2 mile 20:52
    Sunday 5k 31:42

Next week, the plan is a 2 mile, 5k and 4 miler. Probably stick to the grass for 2 of them.
    Thanks for Reading.

Week 2 of 12
    Mon 2 mile (21:55)
    Sun 5k (28:53)
    Didn't get the time to get the 4 mile run done but at least I'm still going after 2 weeks. The run today was on the road and felt great. Target is to get to 4 miles next week with a couple of shorter runs too.

Advertisement