Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Espresso Coffee Beans - knew I forgot something...

• 15-08-2018 10:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 21

I have what I hope is a decent manual espresso machine on the way, and a reasonable cost grinder. I won't claim they are Italian and built like tanks. I even located some espresso sized cups. That just leaves a few small, round, but critical components...

Any recommendations for places to purchase some good espresso coffee beans in Dublin (city centre)?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,734 ✭✭✭J_E

Square Mile Red Brick Espresso is always a solid choice for a good espresso bean. You can find them in Vice Coffee, Proper Order, Two Pups.

Most decent cafes in the city centre will have some sort of retail stock of beans. It might be worth it to ask someone behind the counter for recommendations.

You have lots of choices in terms of single origin coffee roasters. Baobab, Calendar, Badger & Dodo, 3fe, Upside, Silverskin, Cloud Picker, so many more. You'll start to get a taste of what you like after trying more. I'd say, be a little more adventurous and avoid the standard brands like Lavazza, Illy etc. as they all revolve around a very dark taste that doesn't lend itself to much variation.

Try get beans at the most recent roast date. Past 3/4 weeks you'll notice it's harder and harder to get a good shot pulled.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Cathbadhian

Thanks! Have a couple of good storage tins (one vacuum, the other airtight with CO2 filter) to keep them fresh for as long as possible. Will check those out tomorrow.

I'm checking out the roaster websites also to start getting a grasp on what they all offer. If needs be, I'm sure a detour now and again to a Parcel Motel won't be too much of an inconvenience for good beans.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,002 Mod ✭✭✭✭Planet X

For example, free postage,
    https://www.bailiescoffee.com/collections/coffee-subscriptions
    Been with them for a few years now, decent coffee alright ;)

Advertisement