Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Free fees scheme 2018

Options
  • 16-08-2018 1:11am
    Registered Users Posts: 8

Got approved for a susi grant to cover my student contribution and now have noticed something about the free fees scheme? I’ve looked for info and can’t find much to help me, just wondering does anyone know what this covers and how much it will pay? And who’s entitled to free fees?
    I will be studying a level 8 course in Maynooth this year and have done a plc last year will this affect it?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭Forever21

You are ok as you are progressing from a level 5/6 onto a level 8.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Lillymcg

Forever21 wrote: »
    You are ok as you are progressing from a level 5/6 onto a level 8.

Great any chance you know what fees it’ll cover?

It’ll all depend on what type of grant you were awarded. If you’re awarded the full grant it’ll cover the €3000 registration & tuition fees , any field trips as well. Were you awarded a maintenance grant as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Lillymcg

ive been awarded No maintenance with 50% tuition fees or 100% student contribution :)

If it 100% contribution fee that’s the €3000 registration, however why only 50% of tuition fees or is it 100% tuition fees & 50% continuation .

• Advertisement

Sorry, contribution fee.

Advertisement