Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Home Spin bike

Options
  • 16-08-2018 8:49am
    Registered Users Posts: 680 ✭✭✭

Considering a home spinning bike for myself and the wife, small budget up to €250. Has anyone any experience of advise of them?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,251 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

I'd advise against it - I got one myself a year or two ago and got rid of it after about six months. I used to do spinning classes a few years ago and enjoyed them but found it mind numbingly boring to do alone, in addition to difficult to put the effort in when doing it alone (i was trying to follow YouTube videos).

I'd suggest upping budget slightly (well you would need to double it) and getting a direct drive smart trainer, using it on Zwift or Trainerroad. Something like an Elite Direto, or Tacx Flux - you see them on sale from time to time for close to 500.

• Registered Users Posts: 680 ✭✭✭Whatwicklow

I had a turbo at home but her lady ship didn't like so there wouldn't be any convincing her there.

If its not a spin bike likely alternative will be a rowing machine.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,861 ✭✭✭fat bloke

Treadmill / spin bike / rowing machine / turbo. A lad who uses it all the time will tell you it's the business. A lad who hangs his clothes off it will tell you it's a waste of time, money and space :).

I had a spin bike for a few years and got plenty of user out of it so I thought it was great. Changed to a turbo and use that all the time so ditto.

I'd recommend an ex gym spin bike second hand with a decent weight flywheel. You'll always sell it again and get your money back.

• Registered Users Posts: 680 ✭✭✭Whatwicklow

Thanks - Yes, its an ex gym machine i am looking for, more stable and i an leave it set up in the garage. There seems to be plenty on DD & Adverts so ill keep a look out

Advertisement