Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GW2 Captain?

13»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

Still can't decide between Mo and Kun. It's on Mo right now, only as of last night. My thinking is that I'll have even more dread about Monday than I do in a normal week if Aguero gets a 1-pointer. Even if Aguero scores, or even gets a brace, you could still look forward to having a MNF captain that has a good chance of matching that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,886 ✭✭✭stephenl15

https://twitter.com/FPLUpdates_Tips/status/1030752329795084289
    Tweets like this annoy me. So unhelpful

Edit: Seems they deleted the tweet. It just said:

Do not cap Aguero this week.

You can thank me later.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,885 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

Switched to Salah. Trying to be a bit more cautious this season and happy to still own Kun if he bangs.

Same here.

Id rather have Salah and fail with a (highly unlikely) 4 pointer alongside 2m other Salah captainers then put it on Aguero who is still a bit of a differential so if he scores a goal or two it's still good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,651 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Same here.

Id rather have Salah and fail with a (highly unlikely) 4 pointer alongside 2m other Salah captainers then put it on Aguero who is still a bit of a differential so if he scores a goal or two it's still good.

A few of the top players on Twitter are going with Salah too so that's reinforced my choice. There's a reason those guys are consistently high finishers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,062 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

On aguero but debating a last minute switch to richarlison

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,010 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

Apparently Aguero dropped for Jesus, barring an injury.

Jamie Jackson.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,022 ✭✭✭jamesbere

A few of the top players on Twitter are going with Salah too so that's reinforced my choice. There's a reason those guys are consistently high finishers.

True but there's no fun in been predictable, have to mix things up and go for Kun :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

I think my last second Kun to Salah change of captain went through.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

On Aguero. Feck Pep if he drops him. Unless of course he comes on as a sub and scores a brace

• Registered Users Posts: 932 ✭✭✭Markx

Salah in the end. Watching the match last week when he didn't square the one-on-one to KDB i thought "Pep isn't going to like that". Together with the rumour it was enough. Still be happy if he scores since he's only at 33%.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Well the last second captain change didn't go through. Aguero it is so.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,254 ✭✭✭✭km79

King Kun

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,324 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

Markx wrote: »
    Salah in the end. Watching the match last week when he didn't square the one-on-one to KDB i thought "Pep isn't going to like that". Together with the rumour it was enough. Still be happy if he scores since he's only at 33%.

I'm sure the rumour probably started then. Fwiw, I can't see him dropping a leader like Kun just after KDB gets ruled out. That would be 2 big blows to the team. I'm confident*, he has the armband.

*kinda confident

Jesus would have squared it
    And that’s why he will never be in my team again and never in the same league as aguero as a striker

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,651 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Top captains (overall)

Salah 29%
    Aguero 18%
    Kane 16%

Top captains (top 10k)

Aguero 49%
    Salah 26%
    Mane 10%
    Mendy 4%

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

Seaba wrote: »
    Aguero might be different at home to Huddersfield however!! Rotation is a concern or him being taken off at 60 if they are 3-0 up.
    Yeh but he'll have a hat trick so you won't care ;)

Close enough

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,820 ✭✭✭✭dahat

dahat wrote: »
    Going for Aguero, I don't believe the fuss around Kun getting rested as FPL is big business these days and a journo publishing an article around a Kun rest gets plenty of clicks on Twitter, clicks mean cash for journos these days.

Easy say I was right but for the reasons above is why he posted such tripe.

dahat wrote: »
    Easy say I was right but for the reasons above is why he posted such tripe.

I’m captaining Jamie Jackson next week
    He did well for me this week

• Registered Users Posts: 932 ✭✭✭Markx

Thaaaaat's a paddlin'

• Registered Users Posts: 1,072 ✭✭✭wrestlemaniac

Honestly no, my gut and everything is telling me Kuns start. If he fails to start I can accept I was wrong and reckon he'll be subbed anyway.

The gut is right again.

• Advertisement
Advertisement