Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Sonoff WiFi Plug - €7.24 (using code) [Dressily]

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭gabbo is coming

Delivered and both working. Takes a bit of messing as instructions are not great (there is no green light)....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,092 ✭✭✭✭dodzy

christy c wrote: »
    Mine says "Arrival at Destination Post (Country: IE)" since Monday but haven't received it yet. Only ordered on the 22nd though
    Same here. Up and running in minutes.

Alexa, turn on lamp, turn on kettle,,,, the epitome of laziness.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,718 ✭✭✭brightkane

ordered one 25th aug - delivered 4th sept

thanks op

• Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,602 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

Nforce wrote: »
    Refund through PayPal straight away?

Raised a ticket with Dresslily literally 30 seconds after paying. May have been lucky I did it so quick!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,924 ✭✭✭Nforce

antodeco wrote: »
    Raised a ticket with Dresslily literally 30 seconds after paying. May have been lucky I did it so quick!

I did the same, but customer support couldn't help as they claimed that they couldn't see my order. I was advised to create a support ticket in order for the cancellation to go through. I did this but several hours later I was informed that the order had shipped and could no longer be cancelled or a refund given. I guess that I'll have to let PayPal sort it out at this stage.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,509 ✭✭✭sioda

Mine shipped August 21 getting worried as no sign and the tracking just says arrived in Ireland on the 28th

• Registered Users Posts: 479 ✭✭boosabum

Order these also on a whim.
    Anyone use these in conjunction with one of those speaking assistant things or have any ideas on a good value one.
    Not sure what to do with them but the idea of telling the TV & lights to come on and off should pass a few winter evenings :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭wait4me

boosabum wrote: »
    Not sure what to do with them but the idea of telling the TV & lights to come on and off should pass a few winter evenings :)

Read post #241 above

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 MikeHammer70

Invincible wrote: »
    If you paid by PayPal, get on to them about it, should be able to initiate a refund for the overcharge or failing that a return/refund at no expense to you.

I've rang PayPal and hopefully will get refunded

I wouldn't advise anyone to buy from these

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,466 ✭✭✭Tinder Surprise

Thanks Basq

Just ordered two and now looking for advice as to what to control them with

All suggestions welcome

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,616 ✭✭✭✭errlloyd

Thanks Basq

Just ordered two and now looking for advice as to what to control them with

All suggestions welcome

Lamps, Christmas lights, cheap strings of LEDs are the winners. After that I them in the winter for plug in radiators that I want to be on just before sleep and come on again just before I wake, and for a fan heater I use on my laundry sometimes.

If you've got a smart phone with a fast charger that you use all night having the charger go on for an hour or two when you first plug the phone in at night and then again 15 minutes or so before your alarm goes off is a good tip. If you leave a phone in a fast charger all night it can slowly deteriorate battery performance (apparently).

errlloyd wrote: »
    Lamps, Christmas lights, cheap strings of LEDs are the winners. After that I them in the winter for plug in radiators that I want to be on just before sleep and come on again just before I wake, and for a fan heater I use on my laundry sometimes.

If you've got a smart phone with a fast charger that you use all night having the charger go on for an hour or two when you first plug the phone in at night and then again 15 minutes or so before your alarm goes off is a good tip. If you leave a phone in a fast charger all night it can slowly deteriorate battery performance (apparently).

Do you recommend Google Home, Alexia, other?

Also ordered another 2 (4 in total)

First order @ €6.36 each
    Second order @ €6.80 each

You really can't go wrong with those prices.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

Another day and mine still have not appeared.

Doesn't make much sense. Ordered 16th of August tracking said they landed here on Aug 28 (IIRC) yet many people ordered after that date have received there's.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,402 ✭✭✭Invincible

2nd package of 2 arrived today, ordered on 22/8, Singpost unregistered according to order email.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,316 ✭✭✭SCOOP 64

dodzy wrote: »
    Same here. Up and running in minutes.

Alexa, turn on lamp, turn on kettle,,,, the epitome of laziness.

yeah, then no water in the kettle, :pac:

Just tracked my one,
    2018-08-21 06:51:24
    Departure in Location Warehouse Sorting Centre.
    ShenZhen
    just this mean its still in warehouse since the 21st august?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,199 ✭✭✭christy c

SCOOP 64 wrote: »
    Just tracked my one,
    2018-08-21 06:51:24
    Departure in Location Warehouse Sorting Centre.
    ShenZhen
    just this mean its still in warehouse since the 21st august?

Did you just view the delivery details on the dresslily site or copy and paste the tracking number in to Singapore post?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,509 ✭✭✭sioda

Another day and mine still have not appeared.

Doesn't make much sense. Ordered 16th of August tracking said they landed here on Aug 28 (IIRC) yet many people ordered after that date have received there's.
    Exact same situation as yourself same order date and the tracking was useless anyway

christy c wrote: »
    Did you just view the delivery details on the dresslily site or copy and paste the tracking number in to Singapore post?

Just clicked VIEW on Tracking Information on site.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,199 ✭✭✭christy c

SCOOP 64 wrote: »
    Just clicked VIEW on Tracking Information on site.

Copy out the tracking number to Singapore post, should give more information

This is what it came up with?
    Status
    Posting Date
    Status Date
    Preparing to Dispatch [Information Received] (Country code: IE)

Ordered 2 sets of 2 yesterday

One set/order shipped and the other still being processed.

both payments taken from PayPal

Some shower to deal with if it goes wrong,don't even engage with the issue.

They charged me double the amount that appeared on the final payment screen

PayPal have told me to refuse the package, hopefully I'll get refunded eventually.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,924 ✭✭✭Nforce

Some shower to deal with if it goes wrong,don't even engage with the issue.

They charged me double the amount that appeared on the final payment screen

PayPal have told me to refuse the package, hopefully I'll get refunded eventually.

Had one order refunded by Dresslily (still waiting on funds to be restored to PayPal) after I sent them the screenshots of what the total amount was showing as at the pay now page versus the amount charged. They were giving me the run around before this. I'm still waiting for a refund on the second order which has shipped. It'll probably be nabbed by Customs as it's over the allowed threshold.

I did notice that the shipping conformation details/email had the full price on the items, but the PayPal amounts taken were the lower discounted amounts.

did give me a bit of a shock and had me quickly checking paypal transactions.

• Advertisement

Im very surprised that they can kick you out of the PayPal screen to confirm the payment on their website and charge twice the amount displayed ,I've never seen it anywhere before and I doubt PayPal will be happy.

Anywhere else i shop you're on the PayPal page when confirming the final payment.

They're sh1t to deal with but I think with PayPal you get the refund and refuse the delivery

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 692 ✭✭✭jinkybhoy

Got mine on Tuesday - very happy with them - setup handy enough..ordered another 3 as very handy to have. Thanks OP.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,146 ✭✭✭rom

Ordered 9. Have most setup. Light on them is very annoying. Will need to cover them up with insulation take. Simple to use.

rom wrote: »
    Ordered 9. Have most setup. Light on them is very annoying. Will need to cover them up with insulation take. Simple to use.

mind me asking how you utlised them around the house?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 78 ✭✭greenore

what android app controls these??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,606 ✭✭✭sgarvan

greenore wrote: »
    what android app controls these??
    eWeLink

Bedside lamps having both turn on and off at the same time, white noise machine for sleeping, dehumidifier when my nests say the humidity gets too high, tv , slow cooker if i had one, coffee maker, power cycling a computer that needs a hard power reset often, electric blanket if you need one. Timer on battery charger. Brewing beer could be used to keep it at a certsin temp. On hair straightener so you can be sure its off. Turn off light otlr set timer for kids to read before sleep. Any plugs that are in places that are hard to reach.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,078 ✭✭✭xpletiv

Got 6. All working perfectly!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,922 ✭✭✭DopeTech

After watching a few videos I think I'll buy 1 or two more and buy a smart light bulb adapter if I can find one. Really handy being able to link it to ifttt and Google home.

https://www.buymeacoffee.com/dopetech.ie

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,402 ✭✭✭Invincible

Could use them on a washing machine *, to have your wash ready when you arrive home.

* Once machine is 2200watt or less.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

Got my 2 today, have them both set up and paired wit app.... but how do I add the second one to Google home?

Ie google is only switching off one (the first one I paired)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,847 ✭✭✭massy086

I don't have Alexia or Google home can these be used with Google assistant

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,709 ✭✭✭wiz569

massy086 wrote: »
    I don't have Alexia or Google home can these be used with Google assistant

Yes they can :)

wiz569 wrote: »
    Yes they can :)
    Ok how would I set that up cheers

Ok how would I set that up cheers

Long press menu button to start google assistant

Tap the icon that looks like a compass in the top right corner

On the Explore screen tap the three dots in the top right corner

Then chose settings and scroll down to home control

Click on the + symbol to add the devices which are called Smart We Link in the list

Hope that helps :)

• Advertisement

Click on the + symbol to add the devices which are called Smart We Link in the list

Perfect!

Thanks for this.

Still bit weary tho about using foreign servers. Wish there was an easy way to keep all devices controlled on my own WLAN and VPN in when out of the house

cheers for that but can't get it to work should my compass icon be blue or grey

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭UsedToWait

Perfect!

Thanks for this.

Still bit weary tho about using foreign servers. Wish there was an easy way to keep all devices controlled on my own WLAN and VPN in when out of the house

I'm in the same boat.
    Reckon I'm just going to set them up on a guest wifi, rather than going to the hassle of flashing new firmware..
    If anyone mods theirs, please post here about it though..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 898 ✭✭✭stevexo

rom wrote: »
    dehumidifier when my nests say the humidity gets too high

This is a great idea, with winter kicking in I'll be drying my washing indoors on a clothes horse. Be good to turn on the dehumidifier when it's needed automatically.
    In keeping with the bargain alerts theme, does anyone know where you could get a good deal on a nest type device which monitors humidity?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,872 ✭✭✭dball

Thanks OP

Received today

cheers for that but can't get it to work should my compass icon be blue or grey

Mine is grey m8,make sure it's not Google home that you're trying it from as that compass is blue.

stevexo wrote: »
    This is a great idea, with winter kicking in I'll be drying my washing indoors on a clothes horse. Be good to turn on the dehumidifier when it's needed automatically.
    In keeping with the bargain alerts theme, does anyone know where you could get a good deal on a nest type device which monitors humidity?
    Most dehumifiers have it built in. A desicating one works best under 17 degree so stop kuds and self coughing at 4am when hoise us cold and damp in winter. Compressing ones font work well egen its cold.

• Registered Users Posts: 476 ✭✭msmx5

stevexo wrote: »
    does anyone know where you could get a good deal on a nest type device which monitors humidity?

Why not a Sonoff TH10 or TH16 with humidity sensor? It will work in the same Ewlink app. too :-)

msmx5 wrote: »
    Why not a Sonoff TH10 or TH16 with humidity sensor? It will work in the same Ewlink app. too :-)
    what a time to be alive. Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 306 ✭✭Zane97

I did notice that the shipping conformation details/email had the full price on the items, but the PayPal amounts taken were the lower discounted amounts.

did give me a bit of a shock and had me quickly checking paypal transactions.

The same has happened me. Paid with PayPal and I got emailed an invoice for double the amount.

I just checked my Paypal account and it’s saying the transaction was €20.25 for 3 of them.

What do I do here. I ordered on the 2/9.

Advertisement