Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mobile home in Estate

Options
  • 16-08-2018 12:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,695 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

Just wondering if anyone has any ideas how t deal with this.

A number of houses were recently built within our estate and keys given over to new occupants over the past few weeks. One of the new families now have a large truck and a 30 ft mobile home now parked outside their house in the parking spaces. The truck doesn't move so doesn't seem to be used for work even though it has furniture company branding on it. The mobile home arrived in the past few days. Houses are SDCC.

Any ideas?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,342 ✭✭✭seagull

Is it an estate with a management company? If so, what do the rules say about trucks and mobile homes?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,695 ✭✭✭dhaughton99

seagull wrote: »
    Is it an estate with a management company? If so, what do the rules say about trucks and mobile homes?
    Council and just had a look through my agreement I had to sign when moved in 10 years ago and nothing stated about parking.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Hi all,

A number of houses were recently built within our estate and keys given over to new occupants over the past few weeks. One of the new families now have a large truck and a 30 ft mobile home now parked outside their house in the parking spaces. The truck doesn't move so doesn't seem to be used for work even though it has furniture company branding on it. The mobile home arrived in the past few days. Houses are SDCC.

Any ideas?

Not sure what the problem is?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

Contact the council?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,112 ✭✭✭notharrypotter

Graces7 wrote: »
    Not sure what the problem is?

:D:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 778 ✭✭✭Jack Moore

Hi all,

Any ideas?
    Is the mobile home on the truck ?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,991 ✭✭✭spaceHopper

Is it a motor home or a static mobile home. Any chance they bought the truck to convert into a race camper van and the mobile to use for doner parts, like the cooker sink furniture....

If the truck is taxed tested and insured there isn't much you can say

Is it a motor home or a static mobile home. Any chance they bought the truck to convert into a race camper van and the mobile to use for doner parts, like the cooker sink furniture....

If the truck is taxed tested and insured there isn't much you can say

Doubt it. It’s a fine looking mobile. They are both taking up 5 parking bays. Their Jeep, van and trailer are parked in their garden.

Doubt it. It’s a fine looking mobile. They are both taking up 5 parking bays. Their Jeep, van and trailer are parked in their garden.

Ah OK. Makes sense now! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,464 ✭✭✭Markcheese

Have a subtle look at the tax /insurance /doe cert... If they're out of date or missing get on to the guards and council about getting them shifted or fined... Start hassling the council about "blocking" all the spaces... Good luck

Slava ukraini 🇺🇦

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 664 ✭✭✭starbaby2003

• Registered Users Posts: 3,949 ✭✭✭0ph0rce0

Nothing like a brand new council house with 5 parking spaces for your truck and 30ft mobile home and big drive for your Jeep and Van complete with trailer. ****ing gas :D

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭utmbuilder

I know right away from the mention of the furniture truck and mobile who the family are.

they are cousins of some notorious, and exceptionally nasty people and best to be avoided

the law states a caravan can be parked for a certain number of months before it has to be moved to another space

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,552 ✭✭✭bigpink

I’m guessing it’s Travellers trying to muscle in

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭surrender monkey

utmbuilder wrote: »
    I know right away from the mention of the furniture truck and mobile who the family are.

they are cousins of some notorious, and exceptionally nasty people and best to be avoided

the law states a caravan can be parked for a certain number of months before it has to be moved to another space
    This is only in your front garden you can't just park your mobile home in a communal parking area. Ok on to the council and complain every day till they move it

• Registered Users Posts: 5,874 ✭✭✭Edgware

Ooh ooh danger here as George Hamilton would say.
    Is there a chance that a family is going to occupy the mobile home?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,969 ✭✭✭Assetbacked

Vermin, pure and simple. The amount of stories in the news the last few months entailing criminality I could link to says it all.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,510 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

Maybe its the backup plan for Ms Cash

Mobile home gone since yesterday. From what I have seen from the family, they just look like a middle age couple with 2 small kids. I don’t get the traveler vibe from what I have seen. The truck is still there. No tax since 2015.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,920 ✭✭✭enricoh

0ph0rce0 wrote: »
    Nothing like a brand new council house with 5 parking spaces for your truck and 30ft mobile home and big drive for your Jeep and Van complete with trailer. ****ing gas :D

In South Dublin no less, ya can't bate it. What'd the mortgage cost ya - 2k a month! Great job!

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,552 ✭✭✭bigpink

Mobile home gone since yesterday. From what I have seen from the family, they just look like a middle age couple with 2 small kids. I don’t get the traveler vibe from what I have seen. The truck is still there. No tax since 2015.

Sounded like it tho or they could just be lawless underclass
    They own or rent or social housing?

bigpink wrote: »
    Sounded like it tho or they could just be lawless underclass
    They own or rent or social housing?

what?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,310 ✭✭✭Pkiernan

Graces7 wrote: »
    what?

He means dirtbags

• Registered Users Posts: 20,059 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

enricoh wrote: »
    In South Dublin no less, ya can't bate it. What'd the mortgage cost ya - 2k a month! Great job!

Might be worth you educating yourself on what areas south Dublin county council covers probably not what you think

Advertisement