Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shenmue I & II (re-release)

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 663 ✭✭✭SomeSayKos

Shenmue 2 is fantastic. Such an amprovement over the first game.

• Registered Users Posts: 663 ✭✭✭SomeSayKos

Finished 2 last night. Wow...Just Wow. Some cliffhanger

• Registered Users Posts: 5,469 ✭✭✭Adamcp898

For someone who never played either first time around, and thus doesn't have the nostalgia, is this worth a pick up for a 10nr on PS4 or will it just be an hour or two of frustrating gameplay by today's standards before being discarded?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,410 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Fr a tenner it's worth taking a chance on it.

The first game you need patience for it. There's a lot of waiting around and it's more a detective game than an action game.

The second is a whole lot better.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭Gyan84

Finished my playthrough of the collection a few days ago and really enjoyed it. Didn't expect the second one to end with
    Ryo finding the Master Sword
    so it'll be interesting to see where the new one goes story wise.

I got the platinum in both but two was probably my favourite. It had some baffling gameplay decisions though. Those QTEs where it'd give you a series of button prompts in a row were way too time sensitive. I ended up having to fight
    Don Niu
    6 times because I kept missing the final part of the QTE.

I also thought the final area of the game dragged on too long and whoever decided that replacing forklift racing with carrying some boxes across a warehouse should probably be kept far away from anything trying to be fun :pac:

Still though they're both really interesting games that have lots of nice touches that most modern games lack (like asking people for directions) so definitely worth trying.

Advertisement